spammers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• nemuritor98 wrote:

why did the cow forum get so many spammers recently? most of them with links to videos or films
      At least the sports video links are in English and they don't seem to be commercial solicitations. My favorites are the ones posted in Mandarin Chinese which are apparently trying to sell information about American, British and Canadian universities. The poster apparently does not realize that there are not a lot of people who can read Mandarin here in the English language COW Forum. LOL
    • I'd imagine their monthly few ads actually got a hit from some poor forum reader, and now they think we're an opportunity.

The devs are aware, and are looking into ways to stop them. Until then, we are left to remove the spam posts and disable the accounts as they come.

Reporting the articles helps us find and handle them, given many forum posters have the opportunity to find them before staff come through. These reports speed up the process of us finding the articles in question, and are always appreciated.
      Free Time looks good on me