Patrolling aircraft question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Peachez wrote:

Are patrolling aircraft suppose to attack enemy aircraft that pass through the blue circle??
      No, but your patrolling interceptors will inflict damage on enemy aircraft units if (a) the enemy aircraft are also on patrol and the patrol radiuses (shaded patrol areas) of your interceptors and the enemy aircraft overlap for more than 15 minutes, or (b) the enemy aircraft directly attack any other ground, naval or air units within the patrol radius of your interceptors. In case (b), your interceptors provide an effective combat air patrol over any of your other units within the patrol radius, and I have found it to be the most cost-effective way to defend your ground units from bomber attacks. Several stacks of five squadrons of interceptors can maul attacking tactical bombers, especially when your ground unit stack includes higher level AA regiments. When I know I am facing an enemy with a sizeable tactical bomber force, I don't leave home without AA and fighter cover. The enemy TBs are still going to kill some of my ground units, but they are going to pay a stiff price.
    • Peachez wrote:

Are patrolling aircraft suppose to attack enemy aircraft that pass through the blue circle??
      Yes, if (c) the enemy aircrafts are within the blue circle while your patrolling group opens fire at the end of their 15 min turn.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • So 1 yes 2 no.... any definite answer on this? Lol

Let me get this strait. If my fighter aircraft are on "patrol" and some enemy aircraft are near them, they will not attack unless I order them to do? Which they will then fly back to the airfield for "refueling" for 15 mins and then go attack??

Really??...#SMH
    • Peachez wrote:

So 1 yes 2 no.... any definite answer on this? Lol
      I have no personal experience of the third instance (c) described by Restrisiko above. Ground and naval units update their combat results once per hour. Patrolling aircraft update their combat results every 15 minutes. Restrisiko is saying that if your aircraft unit is passing through the patrol radius of an enemy aircraft unit at the time of the 15-minute update, your unit and the enemy unit will inflict damage on each other.

As I said, I have no personal experience of the scenario described by him.
    • Peachez wrote:

So 1 yes 2 no.... any definite answer on this? Lol
      Already ok ^^ 1 + 2 = 3 described scenarios ;)

But definitely - it depends :D

Question was...

Peachez wrote:

Yes, patrolling airplanes attack automatically the enemies within their circle, every 15 minutes at the end of a patrol turn, regardless wether they are ground, air or sea units.

But enemy units which just only cross the circle before a turn ends or which enter the circle after the beginning of a patrol turn, attack there, and leave the circle before the end of the 15 min turn, are not attacked.

Display Spoiler

Nearly 13 minutes enemy planes (or other units) would have time to cross through the circle or attack something in there and leave without being attacked by the patrol.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • people are using the patrol option as an attack they place their tac bombers and fighters over an enemy formation and endlessly attack them even when the opposition forces have many A/A units in the formation and yet the patrolling acft receive very little if any damage this needs to be corrected