Hot Seat Game/ Quick Time Games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hot Seat Game/ Quick Time Games

Not sure if this has been suggested before or not, I enjoy the game and enjoy the concept of it, but I am just wondering if there has been any mention of creating a system maybe for paid members to use a "Quick Time Game" Mode or even a "Hot Seat Game" mode that increases the times of movements and production and construction to be only a few seconds/minutes compared to hours and days.

That way if you wanted to play quicker games you can.
      Nuclear Knights (multi-gaming alliance)
      Politics and War (Belveria)
      Nation States (Belveria)
      Conflict of Nations (Drecq)
    • MontanaBB wrote:

BRDubbs wrote:

I also want to bump the idea of making the secret path in research a game creation option too!
      Please explain, BRD. I'm not sure what you mean by the comment above.
      he means to let the game creator of a match to choose if he/she wants to have the units from "secret" tab in the research panel available in the game
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • nemuritor98 wrote:

he means to let the game creator of a match to choose if he/she wants to have the units from "secret" tab in the research panel available in the game
      So, the game creator could decide whether the "secret" units are available in the game? I doubt Bytro would ever do that -- because rockets are one of their biggest sources of gold-spam revenue. LOL

Other than rockets and nuclear missiles, most of the secret tech units are marginally beneficial at best, and they are usually expensive to produce. Both rockets and nuclear missiles consume a lot of rare materials to produce, and as a result they tend to be produced in quantity later in the game. Nuclear missiles require a massive amount of research and that investment usually only makes sense in longer games played on the bigger maps. Most 22-player map games are over before players can complete the research required for nukes.

In-game nuclear bombers are extremely vulnerable to being shot down, by either AA ground fire or interceptors. If I'm in a longer game, I will build nuke missiles, not nuke bombers.

Rocket fighters only make sense in the midst of a serious air war concentrated on a few provinces. Like the real thing (ME 163), they're expensive and their effective combat range sucks.

Railroad guns are really no more effective than regular artillery, except for their range, they're slower than molasses, and they're bomber bait. Build more conventional artillery and then SP arty instead.

Commandos are expensive, and they're no more effective than higher level infantry. Producing commandos may make sense if you have a country that is heavily mountainous (e.g., Caucasus on the 22-player map, or Tibet on the 50-player map) because commandos have a big mountain terrain fighting bonus.

Nuclear submarines and nuclear aircraft carriers can be fun, but their required research investment rarely makes sense in the shorter games played on the smaller maps.
    • Possibly put a game option where you can even limit technology. But I think a Quick Game option for those that want more a quick pace and can sit with friends and play (like say Axis and Allies) and just reduce times from Hours and days to seconds and minutes. I don't know on a coding aspect how hard that would be but it is an option and it would bring in new players that don't like the long drawn out nature of the game.

While I enjoy it there are those who don't like the slow nature of the game and instead want a fast pace game.
      Nuclear Knights (multi-gaming alliance)
      Politics and War (Belveria)
      Nation States (Belveria)
      Conflict of Nations (Drecq)