Android phones

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Also the company itself will benefit greatly, they will get too many new players because games where you log in for a few minutes to give orders are so popular on smart phones.

Is there someone from Bytro here who can confirm whether they are working on the smart phones' version, or when it's going to be released?? :)
    • so, I am studying web development right now and have thought about this before.
      and I know that a difficulty with making this game work on mobile devices is pretty much the same difficulty that all web developers, working with all different kinds of screen sizes. This game makes good use of CSS3, you can see this with your first game where the intro will create black borders on the top and bottom of your window and tell you how to play.
      But this game has alot going on, and mobile devices have very very limited real-estate. I tried playing this game on my android once last year, and even though it would load, I really couldn't do anything because just the tabs for each pane took up almost the entire screen.
      So I am imagining right now that it just follows the responsive website model of changing columns as your shrink your screen down. But when you get to the size of a mobile device, they would have to create a WHOLE NEW interface. And in here lies the problem.
    • GrandNagusZek wrote:

so, I am studying web development right now and have thought about this before.
      and I know that a difficulty with making this game work on mobile devices is pretty much the same difficulty that all web developers, working with all different kinds of screen sizes. This game makes good use of CSS3, you can see this with your first game where the intro will create black borders on the top and bottom of your window and tell you how to play.
      But this game has alot going on, and mobile devices have very very limited real-estate. I tried playing this game on my android once last year, and even though it would load, I really couldn't do anything because just the tabs for each pane took up almost the entire screen.
      So I am imagining right now that it just follows the responsive website model of changing columns as your shrink your screen down. But when you get to the size of a mobile device, they would have to create a WHOLE NEW interface. And in here lies the problem.
      Of course it won't be easy or cheap, I know nothing really about marketing and such things but I assume the game would get more profit on mobile phones, like I said earlier, similar games gets a huge success on mobile phones (think about clash of clans and its clones)

If that is not possible, then at least a very simple app or web page with nothing but the buildings/units list (the one on the right side) without even a map, would be a great help to keep players connected to the game, especially if they added the newspaper too, not sure how hard that would be to program but it looks simple enough to me.
    • I have a small 9" tablet (Samsung Galaxy 2) I use when away from home or if I have to get up for the bathroom in the middle of the night. It functions for accessing most menus (espionage has issues) and giving basic move orders. However, due to lack of a control button and mouse it can not combine stacks and move them to a new location (each stack would need a separate order), nor can you tell a unit to attack a specific unit stack (you are limited to province capital and sea lane dots only).

So an AP that would allow you to do basic menus within the game such as Province Builds, research, newspaper would still be very helpful as those are areas many players check in on to jump start the next item they wish to build if they do not have HC.

Outside the game it is helpful to access Forum and Conversations on the primary COW menu.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • Oh boy.

Unfortunately I can't afford a PC so I have very limited on-computer use, most of the time I HAVE to play from my samsung. They have actually made it wayyy better in the past months, but espionage still doesn't work, diplomacy is nearly impossible, and worst of all the only way I can bombard units, rockets or otherwise, is when they are sitting still in a province center.

App sounds like the best idea possible, hate to disagree with Bytro but it seems as though we are heading toward a phone based future, and they could make tons more money from it. Otherwise I am quite desperate for that at least to be fixed…but until then…

:tumbleweed:
    • LordVoidVIII wrote:

Oh boy.

Unfortunately I can't afford a PC so I have very limited on-computer use, most of the time I HAVE to play from my samsung. They have actually made it wayyy better in the past months, but espionage still doesn't work, diplomacy is nearly impossible, and worst of all the only way I can bombard units, rockets or otherwise, is when they are sitting still in a province center.

App sounds like the best idea possible, hate to disagree with Bytro but it seems as though we are heading toward a phone based future, and they could make tons more money from it. Otherwise I am quite desperate for that at least to be fixed…but until then…

:tumbleweed:
      I totally agree, apparently, mobile phones excel at simple strategy games like this, computers (and consoles of course) are better with huge AAA games that can be played for long durations, it isn't very practical to have to power up your computer and waste like 5-10 minutes opening the game when all what you want is to click two buttons to move some troops.