New Idea Summary

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Idea Summary

Is their a single area that contains everyone's great ideas?

At the risk of maybe suggesting this for the nth time, how about an upgrade to fortress that permits them to be shore batteries. There is very little balance against big navies and naval bombers come down way to quick
    • joachi02 wrote:

At the risk of maybe suggesting this for the nth time, how about an upgrade to fortress that permits them to be shore batteries.
      An even better idea would be to take the nearly useless railroad gun unit, and create a new coastal artillery unit that falls somewhere between a cruiser and a battleship in its combat effectiveness against naval units. Given that the railroad gun already exists, it would seem to me (a non-programmer) that it would be a relatively easy modification to craft a new coastal artillery unit that is static (or very, very slow moving) and upgrade its fire against warships.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• BTW, just in case someone from the Bytro Labs home office is reading this, here's a question you should be asking yourself:

How many railroad guns were produced and/or used during World War II? And how many coastal artillery batteries were produced, installed and/or used during WW2? Worldwide, I am guessing that the ratio of coastal artillery to railroad guns would be well over 1,000:1, perhaps substantially greater.
    • How about land patrol? I would work like naval units in the sense that when you are at war with someone and you click "patrol" for your land units. They will automatically go towards the an enemy when they are in sight. What you guys think of that? I think it would be useful for when we go afk to protect our provinces.
    • Hmmm.

My artillery units bombard naval units just fine.

I seem to recall a recent game where a group of Art, in Gibraltar, engaged a CA/BB naval force that was running the straits.

I did have the Art on "Aggressive" fire control and it is only a 0.3 attack factor but better than nothing.

Now if we had "Coastal Artillery" as the next step on the Railroad Gun tech tree that would be cool. Or perhaps even have a tech tree that focuses on gunnery and feeds the various unit types that use guns (tanks, AA guns, anti-tank guns, artillery, naval gunnery, etc). Seems like an idea I have heard before...

(BTW, it would also be technically correct to have that Gunnery tech tree be a requirement for the Atomic weapons feed. Little Boy link }