food production ratios

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• food production ratios

I Have a hard time believing how much food I have to produce. I have more maxed out cities producing food than anything else by a long way and still im minus 1700 food per hour. maxed out = lvl 5 industrial complex lvl 3 infra. lvl 3 port ( if able ) at or as close to 100% moral using fortification usually lvl 5 . I spent $100 bought 360 K of gold spent about 95% of that upgrading and enhancing food production, the result... nothing no improvement. its a bottomless pit of spending . no matter how much I spend on food production nothing changes. at a certain point is there a maximum I can produce ? on the other hand when I gold up units I sure see the food go in the minus right away. game 1824329 in my address bar there is a number 6734542 can some one check to see if the game is working properly. thx.
  • Do you have all of your barracks and naval bases turn on 'enabled' ? If so shut them off and see if this helps. Also if your army is huge with units that have infantry\men attached they also have a daily food cost, send them into war and thin it out a little. Food\Manpower\Army Size\Population is a balance in the game, if out of balance well you can see what happens.

Also don't build up on provinces that don't produce anything unless you need to. As you build your population increases and the need for resources increases with it.
    "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

• Razorwire62 wrote:

at a certain point is there a maximum I can produce ? on the other hand when I gold up units I sure see the food go in the minus right away.
    One of the dangers of gold-spamming up a bunch of units is that you may not be able to support them with your food production, and buying food with gold can become a very expensive proposition very quickly if you have built an unsustainably large army. You should always be aware of your food production when adding units, because acute food shortages can have a dramatically negative impact on the morale of your provinces, which in turn can negatively impact resource production including food. I have seen several catastrophic instances of food shortage morale death spirals caused by acute food shortages, followed by declining morale and production, widespread rebellion of provinces and the destruction or defection of units. Building an army that is too large for your food production is a big mistake.
  • well... that may be happening. That seems to fit the pattern of occurrences better than anything else mentioned. guess I need to get my army smaller because the game wont let me make more food... no matter how much I spend. what a waste of money. The game is designed to suck you in. thinking that you can always make more food to cover all the new units you build only to find out ... thats not the case. Nice.
  • You should also be conscious of the fact that different types of units consume greater or lesser quantities of food. Infantry, for example, are relatively cheap and quick to produce, but they are the chow hounds of your army. You may want to spend some time familiarizing yourself with the various unit spec sheets that you can access via the research menu.
  • Yes I have spent many hours reading about unit resource consumption. I have very few Infantry units for that reason. good point. I have focused on producing anti tank and artillery units as well as light tanks. they consume way less resources than med or heavy tanks. I only have 2 battle ships because they are resource pigs as well. I have a huge army Im rated at 40% and number one in the world ranked most powerfull military. The worlds second ranked army is only at 25% . I am trying every trick in the book to be efficient and yet powerfull. I just wish that my food territory building improvements would show up as they are put in place instead of a day or two days later. .. thats just not cool. no excuses .. it takes the fun out it. my food production just jumped by aprox 500 an hour....
  • Razorwire62 wrote:

I just wish that my food territory building improvements would show up as they are put in place instead of a day or two days later.
    That should not happen. Your resource production should increase incrementally as new infrastructure or industrial complexes are completed, but there is one comprehensive update of production and consumption at midnight German time (Bytro Labs is located in Hamburg). Also, if you think that your production should be higher based on recently completed buildings, hit the refresh button on your browser. Sometimes that will cause your production numbers to refresh.

Food tip no. 1. Always try to maintain your food production in the black (er, green, in the case of your resource production menu), even if it is only a small hourly surplus. Build your food production as you produce new units to maintain production/consumption balance. If you have no room to increase food production, stop producing more units except as replacements.

Food tip no. 2. Always maintain a reserve of 10,000 to 20,000 tons of food. It is almost unavoidable that you will go into food production deficit when you conquer a large amount of territory in a small amount of time. Until morale increases in your newly conquered food provinces, you may not even be covering 100% of the food consumption of your new provinces. Balance is KEY.
  • yes all good points. I was carrying a 200,000 food bank so that incase of what ever I was covered. I was able to make several wise transactions in the markets and at one time had over 2 million cash on hand I used that to purchase a lot of food. knowing that I had a situation come up where I gold spammed an instant airforce. and some other units to keep control of an area in the game. I didnt mind because I knew I could buy ... more food improvements and had a large amount of food in the bank however thats when things started going ... shall we say weird. all my efforts to make more food to cover the large jump in unit requirements wasnt doing anything so then I was sure something was wrong. sure enough .. I was right. the food improvements just took way longer to kick in than they should have ... what about all those hours I was at minus 2000 food per hour give or take, when I shouldn't have been that far in the minus.. my huge banked supply of food got eaten away pretty quickly... not cool. I dont think thats fair at all.