renaming of armies, squadrons and fleets/ pick your title when you pick a nation.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• renaming of armies, squadrons and fleets/ pick your title when you pick a nation.

Maybe it is already there and I just have not figured out how yet. But I would very much like to have the ability to name my fleets and armies. I played a strategy game named "victoria" and I loved that feature. Have a Baltic Fleet a High Seas Fleet, etc... Name your armies Army of the Rhine, 9th Legion or whatever. Picking your title would also be good as well. No more PM or minister chairman if you don't want. Why wasnt Czar used for Russian Empire? You gave them the flag and the Russian Empire name. I don't think they would liked the communist title for their leader.
      I like that you gave us the right to name battleships. I was very happy to see in the newspaper the name of my battleship mentioned for sinking an enemy ship. The paper would be a great place to read your named armies victories. As it is now just some random 34th anti tank captured minsk. OK just a thought of mine. thanks
    • It's a very debated topic, most people, me included, like it. Others feel it isn't necessary because it would be a waste of time. There are also lots of threads concerning this so you might get the same response as the others have. I've played Victoria too but the lack of a tutorial made it really hard for me to work out.
      British=best. Duh!

• I've always wanted to name things, for tactical and RP reasons (first strike fleet/7th panzer- because based Rommel)

I will always support this idea. Always.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • I feel the renaming of units should be exclusive to select units (high-cost units / key units), such as Battleships, Railguns, and Aircraft Carriers.

Renaming units should be limited to it's scarcity and difficulty to produce a unit.

Too many naming conventions (names) for smaller units would devalue the presence of the larger key units.
    • I can think of several names for Divs. "Wiking" being the first that comes into mind.

The only issue that I've never seen anyone address, is the simple how would you name a div? Is it when it reaches a certain count? Do you name it when you feel like it?

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

• Jaws wrote:

More information for the already overloaded server systems to handle...excellent.

Also far too much scope for abuse.
      Nobody is saying you need to do it now, or in the very near future.

Several units in this game have 'scope' for abuse, but this topic has came up in S1914 and now, CoW. The type of abuse I believe you're thinking of (calling things 'Hitler/cursewords/racist things') would be done by a minority of players, mostly either in private games with friends where no can get offended, or even if done in a public game, they'd be quickly reported and removed.

• as a player of victoria -II- I can tell you that the titl system is different than CoW, in Victoria II it's much complicated,much differnet, and very interesting,to change title in victoria many other thinks will change also or will be needed to change it, in CoW it's not the same thing, also naming your troups is an amazing thing in Victoria but again, in victoria names and troops number are in reation with multiple factors which will be difficult to implant in CoW, giving names to ships is not interesting (sorry) because in the tech tree you already have the names (classe Bismarck-Tiger...) so no need to name them
      Let's Agree To Disagree! Boris the Animal It's Just Boris! Men In Black III