Need calculation help!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Need calculation help!

okay - stack of 16 LT in a city ~~ lvl 1 fortress
      SBDE says - 50%
      Strength - 50% loss for city
      does that put the stack at 25% w/o defense bonus? :huh:
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • Yes, you got the math right.

Think of it this way.

SBDE is a measure of how many of the units in the stack can actually effectively attack/defend. Beyond a certain point, in a stack, more units will not be able to get to the enemy past their own units. This means those extra units are not included in your combat strengths.

The terrain penalty/boost is entirely separate from the SBDE focus. Terrain effects all units of the given type in the stack. So, LTs in a city all have a 50% reduction in strength. More LTs, beyond a certain point just get in the way of the ones that are doing the best they can.

Somewhere around here there is a thread that lists the number of each unit type needed to get 100% SBDE. I would never put more than that amount (+1 for battle losses) in a stack. I think that number for LT is 5 so split that stack up and get it out of the city.
    • Thanks for the responses - I understand SBDE and terrain analysis.. But - I was attacking this stack not building it - guess I should have clarified.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run