SUGGESTION: Ability to stop construction of buildings in captured provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SUGGESTION: Ability to stop construction of buildings in captured provinces

When you capture a territory any buildings which the enemy force/AI had been building seem to continue to build until completion. It would be really nice if I could kill the building process by clicking on the (non-existent) X, just like I can with buildings I'm constructing in my territories.

I'm not interested in necessarily recovering the resources spent by the enemy/AI when they started to construct those buildings. I just want to be able to kill building in case there's something else that's a higher priority for me to repair or build.

Case in point, I really need to repair an airport in southern Florida. But, the AI had already started building a Lvl 5 Industrial Complex, which was in mid-construction when I conquered the territory. Though the territory is now mine, the construction is still chugging away, and will be doing so for several more hours. I'd rather kill that and repair the Lvl 1 airport to get it into a usable condition to land my intercepters. But, that can't be done till the meaningless (to me) IC is completed. :wallbash

I don't understand the rationale behind not being able to have that function since the code would probably be similar for provinces I've owned for a bit and those newly conquered.
    • BRDubbs wrote:

You can always stop construction on a building. Click the province. At the top you should see the construction status along with a big red X that you can click to stop the build. If you don't see this, perhaps you should try a different brower like Firefox or Chrome.
      Thanks for the clarification. Can't explain why I didn't see that before. But, I certainly see that now! (using Chrome BTW).
    • BRDubbs wrote:

You can always stop construction on a building. Click the province. At the top you should see the construction status along with a big red X that you can click to stop the build.
      Exactly right. And to be crystal clear for the benefit of anyone else reading this thread, you have the ability to stop may pending building construction or unit production in any province that you control, regardless of whether it was one of your core provinces with which you started the game, or a non-core province that you captured from another player. Moreover, you will also receive an incremental "refund" of the unused resources that were required to begin the building construction or unit production.