AI makes no sense. I, in a 25 player game. ("A story") (I'm bad at forums btw)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AI makes no sense. I, in a 25 player game. ("A story") (I'm bad at forums btw)

Well. As a side thing, in a 25 player game. I thought it would be fun to expand Hungary into Romania and have a little AI ally. But, when I declared war on Romania I had troops shelling Romania from about mid way through Hungary, which I had already expanded 6 provinces. But then. Romania took over 1 of Hungary's core province. And they are still at peace? I had no troops where they attacked. (Romania is an AI at this point. I'm Germany btw) So you can't say they set the attack on the troops, because they just went the direction of where the artillery was from. Bug, AI's can't start war with AI's, just what is it. If it isn't any of that hulabaloo, are they gonna declare war or something? Im pretty depressed since all I've been doing in hoping my side objective was doing well. I am basically the biggest superpower. So I wanted to just create something with that power and it isn't working, I have more time with the AI because I've always had an interest in AI in games. (Images below)
      SEE?

WHY ONLY POLAND??
      (Update) 5:26 pm War! Without warning, Armand Călinescu's troops opened fire on the unexpecting soldiers of Miklós Horthy. Leaders in the whole world are appalled by this ruthless action.

5:26 pm The 12th Infantry Regiment (Romania) has captured Gyula. They still aren't at war, but the newspaper says otherwise.
      ~ A

The post was edited 2 times, last by AshtonatorGaming ().

• The map 1877541 is with normal AI.
      Normal AI never gives Share Map as it does Elite AI, but normal AI can grant Right of Way, even to other AI.
      And you're right, normal (or non-elite) AI will never attack or declare war on its own against a player or other AI.

But there are several ways how this can happen by mistake or so willed.
      AI does not think but follows a basic scheme - easy to observe and find out. ;)

Some examples:

It may happen that an AI unit, with an already started/running timer for the next marching orders, will march through a previously own province that has rebelled shortly before, and if there is no RoW with the new owner it comes to war then.
      I've already seen this sometimes, probably the marching command was already in the AI timer but is not stopped before the next day change, when a province changes the owner through revolt.
      The same scheme as by existing wars, if peace is offered to AI, a still running timer can lead to counter-attacks of AI before the peace is agreed.

In contrast, marching units with order to conquer a province are stopped when the target is conquered by neutral third parties.
      Either at the border, or, if they are already in the province, where they are at the moment.
      If then the unit stands too close to the province center or other units, it can trigger a war when later attempting to march back home; if there is no RoW.

Another possibility is very simple. Everyone knows that any AI stacks sometimes have so-called watch dogs, which immediately start a counter-attack.
      This does not matter at close combat, but thereby you can with ranged weapons attract some AI units out of fortifications or warships from their positions. :thumbup:
      The watch dogs will follow you, either in a waiting ambush or, sometimes also feasible, even through neutral areas, and if they have no RoW there they will trigger a war with third parties.
      Is it that what happened here probably?
      For your plan to expand Hungary this is even good I think.
      Clean up the Romanian provinces preferably from the air and let them conquer from Hungary. :thumbsup:

.. btw, a superpower without oil? :D
      Maybe your Ministry of Economics has forgotten to deactivate conquered and damaged Naval Bases with levels 2 and 3? :rolleyes:
      if they don't know how..

..open the province list at the right edge and click the ports to stop. Same for barracks.
      Damaged ports and barracks of level 2 or 3 consume resources and can only be deactivated therein.

The oil deficiency can decrease the morale of your provinces and thus your general production, furthermore oil-consuming units could be repaired less or not at all.
      This applies to all daily consumption resources depending on which and how much is missing during the day change.
      Klick the "i"nfo of your provinces and look for extra shortage or oil shortage, and make a mouseover up in the resource panel.

PS
      If the newspaper or other ingame stats are not immediately updated a relog usually helps, sometimes a regular deletion of the browser cache is also useful.
      ...connection lost... :sleeping: often happens, when a map is longer open or several maps at the same time.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Please, don't worry for my horrible english, i'm an old f_king Kraut and just learned it a bit while drinking beer with British soldiers in German pubs at the early seventies - so simply drink a beer and think you're in the pub, then you can read my written without probs... :00000436:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 6 times, last by Restrisiko: added and stirred ().

• Restrisiko wrote:

The map 1877541 is with normal AI.
      Normal AI never gives Share Map as it does Elite AI, but normal AI can grant Right of Way, even to other AI.
      And you're right, normal (or non-elite) AI will never attack or declare war on its own against a player or other AI.

Some examples:

It may happen that an AI unit, with an already started/running timer for the next marching orders, will march through a previously own province that has rebelled shortly before, and if there is no RoW with the new owner it comes to war then.
      I've already seen this sometimes, probably the marching command was already in the AI timer but is not stopped before the next day change, when a province changes the owner through revolt.
      The same scheme as by existing wars, if peace is offered to AI, a still running timer can lead to counter-attacks of AI before the peace is agreed.

In contrast, marching units with order to conquer a province are stopped when the target is conquered by neutral third parties.
      Either at the border, or, if they are already in the province, where they are at the moment.
      If then the unit stands too close to the province center or other units, it can trigger a war when later attempting to march back home; if there is no RoW.

Another possibility is very simple. Everyone knows that any AI stacks sometimes have so-called watch dogs, which immediately start a counter-attack.
      This does not matter at close combat, but thereby you can with ranged weapons attract some AI units out of fortifications or warships from their positions. :thumbup:
      The watch dogs will follow you, either in a waiting ambush or, sometimes also feasible, even through neutral areas, and if they have no RoW there they will trigger a war with third parties.
      Clean up the Romanian provinces preferably from the air and let them conquer from Hungary. :thumbsup:

Maybe your Ministry of Economics has forgotten to deactivate conquered and damaged Naval Bases with levels 2 and 3? :rolleyes:
      if they don't know how..

..open the province list at the right edge and click the ports to stop. Same for barracks.
      Damaged ports and barracks of level 2 or 3 consume resources and can only be deactivated therein.

The oil deficiency can decrease the morale of your provinces and thus your general production, furthermore oil-consuming units could be repaired less or not at all.
      This applies to all daily consumption resources depending on which and how much is missing during the day change.
      Klick the "i"nfo of your provinces and look for extra shortage or oil shortage, and make a mouseover up in the resource panel.

PS
      If the newspaper or other ingame stats are not immediately updated a relog usually helps, sometimes a regular deletion of the browser cache is also useful.
      ...connection lost... :sleeping: often happens, when a map is longer open or several maps at the same time.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Please, don't worry for my horrible english, i'm an old f_king Kraut and just learned it a bit while drinking beer with British soldiers in German pubs at the early seventies - so simply drink a beer and think you're in the pub, then you can read my written without probs... :00000436:
      Thank you for this great and detailed guide :) , it will definitely help in manipulating the AI to your advantage, or at least avoiding an unnecessary war :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

The map 1877541 is with normal AI.

Some examples:

if they don't know how..

PS

Sorry, this might seem stupid, but what is RoW?