[NEW] WW2 ROLEPLAY 1939

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [NEW] WW2 ROLEPLAY 1939

(MORE TBA, JUST WANTED TO POST!)

World War 2 RP

BASIC INFORMATION:
      • Created by: Not a Communist (ingame name TheRedMence)
      • Co-creators: TBA
      • Start date: May 1st, 1939.
      • Everyday: 2 In-game months (May be altered)
      • Map: World 25 Player
      • Slots: 20 Currently available

Tensions are rising in Europe, the German Reich has annexed Austria and much of Czechoslovakia, unbeknownst to most within four months Europe would be plunged into another devastating conflict. The bitter taste of the treaty of Versailles still remains in the mouth of Germany and their need for Lebensraum and vengeance grows ever stronger. Meanwhile, eastern Asia is already knee deep in a war of its own. The Japanese Empire has unleashed it's Military might onto the nations of mainland Asia. Korea and Manchuria have already fallen to the Japanese, whilst the Chinese fight a gruesome war for the very existence of their nation.

Welcome to the first WW2 roleplay on a world map (ish, the 25 player!) This will be the first WW2 roleplay to feature the main three Axis Powers (Germany, Italy and Japan of course). This is very exciting (for me atleast!) as we will finally be able to do a WW2 RP with Pacific, proper African and full European fronts. The roleplay game will start in May 1939 as I'm sure you've already read. . I cannot expect the roleplay to be completely historically accurate, however we will be sticking to a mostly accurate timeline. A few examples of things I'm willing to allow that aren't accurate would be: A Japanese invasion of East Russia, sped up creation of the Atomic Bomb, Spain joining the war, Turkey joining the war etc etc. However something like the British Empire siding with the Axis would be unacceptable. The main point of the Roleplay is for everybody to have fun and enjoy themselves. I will also be making a discord/skype chat for the game very soon. If you have any questions, feel free to ask below! Enjoy.

COUNTRY SLOTS

REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING:

If you're going to apply, please be prepared to do some brief research on the political climate of your chosen country in 1939 and through out the war. This will ensure you have a decent knowledge on the decisions made by your country. Please also only apply for a more important nation if you have some RP experience.

Taken = Red
      Available = Green
      • (Axis) German Reich - Not A Communist
      • (Allies) British Empire -
      • (Axis/Allies) France (Will be made into Vichy France, and eventually develop into Free France.) -
      • (Axis/Neutral) Nationalist Spain -
      • (Axis/Neutral) Sweden - Mkmach
      • (Axis) Romania - Chickenus
      • (Axis/German Occupied) Yugoslavia -
      • (Axis) Italy -
      • (Allies) United States of America -
      • (Allies)USSR -
      • (Axis) Japanese Empire - NICKYD
      • (Allies) Canada (British Vassal) - Nunya
      • (Allies) Mexico -
      • (Allies) Australia (British Vassal) - Lord Asher
      • (Neutral/Axis) Argentina -
      • (Allies) Brazil
      • (Neutral/Allies/Axis) Turkey -
      • (Allied) British India (British Vassal) -
      • (Neutral/Independent) Tibet (Not recommended) -
      • (Neutral/Axis) Empire of Iran -
      • (Allied/Soviet Satellite) Mongolia -
      • (Allied) Nationalist China -
      • (Axis) Manchuria (Japanese puppet) -
      • (Neutral/Independent) Communist China (Joins as Xingjiang) -
      • (Allied) Poland (Will be annexed near the game start) -
      Tech tree will be added on soon, the tech tree can also be altered if things are roleplayed correctly. An example of this would be if e.g France had lvl. 3 Infantry and wanted to advance to lvl. 4 Infantry, they could RP investing into advancing their Army's infantry.

Application template:

Name (ingame):
      RP Experience (including sample):
      Chosen Nation:
      Additional questions:

ROLEPLAY RULES
      • No gold usage without permission.
      • No trolling
      • No OOC in newspaper
      • Historical realism to a certain degree. This mixes in with common sense, for example Britain is not going to side with Germany, however a nation like Spain could join the Axis. If you're unsure, always ask.
      • Must post regularly, if you're going to go inactive I'd rather know than you just disappear.
      ROLEPLAY MAP

TBA, Link experied

The Map explained:

The map is historically accurate except from China, as it is to complex to complete in the 25 Player. Xingjiang will represent a Communist West China with a small portion of land bordering Japanese controlled China. This is because of the non-core province resource deduction. Australia also gets all of New Zealand as it isn't playable to represent the New Zealander contribution to the war.

RULES REGARDING EXPANSION

All expansion should be based on historical events or should have historical reasoning behind them. Expansion in mainland South/Central/North America is entirely prohibited except from the small chance of Argentina joining the war on the side of the Axis Powers.

If you are a colonial power like the British, the Italians or the French (briefly) then you may want to expand your Empire before or during the war. I will provide below a guide to the colonies the major powers can claim:

British Empire: Can (and should) re-take all of Egypt. Can retake South Africa.

Italian Empire: None. (Except existing French/British colonies during the war.)

French Empire: Siam. (None during the war.)

All other expansion will be based on historic events.

MORE TBA!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Not A Communist ().

• Name: Mkmach7

RP Experience: I've done a few minor Rps in COW/S1914 (honestly can't remember their names)

Question: for the sample should we write a new sample, or can we use an old one? I'll fill one out once I have time, maybe tomorrow or the day after since I'm pretty busy over this Easter Weekend

• Mkmach7 wrote:

Name: Mkmach7

RP Experience: I've done a few minor Rps in COW/S1914 (honestly can't remember their names)

Question: for the sample should we write a new sample, or can we use an old one? I'll fill one out once I have time, maybe tomorrow or the day after since I'm pretty busy over this Easter Weekend

I remember you man. Any sample, new or old. You're accepted once you post it.
    • Name : memes420
      RP Experience: I have done just a few smaller RPs that weren't very good so I have been looking for a good one and this seems like a fantastic one
      Country Selection: USA
      RP Sample: "On the morning on April 14, a new era began. An era of peace, diplomacy. A new era for the world as a whole. The American government will no longer stand idly by, we will now jump into international affairs, we will now use our might to protect the free people of the world wherever they reside. That is our mission. Freedom is not free, but we are willing to pay the price."
      President Henry Price, 2017
    • ty0303 wrote:

Name : memes420
      RP Experience: I have done just a few smaller RPs that weren't very good so I have been looking for a good one and this seems like a fantastic one
      RP Sample: "On the morning on April 14, a new era began. An era of peace, diplomacy. A new era for the world as a whole. The American government will no longer stand idly by, we will now jump into international affairs, we will now use our might to protect the free people of the world wherever they reside. That is our mission. Freedom is not free, but we are willing to pay the price."
      Hey man, not a bad article, don't suppose you could provide a longer one?
    • Not A Communist wrote:

ty0303 wrote:

On the morning on April 14, a new era began. An era of peace, diplomacy. A new era for the world as a whole. The American government will no longer stand idly by, we will now jump into international affairs, we will now use our might to protect the free people of the world wherever they reside. That is our mission. Freedom is not free, but we are willing to pay the price.This message is for the Japanese. It is time that they have to be checked. Their time of pillaging Asia is over, it is time for intervention. Their senseless land grabbing and empire building have cost the deaths of thousands of innocents. But that will now come to a halt. The american people will no longer sit idly by, we will act. We will respond. We have spoken. The time for Japan is limited. The clock is ticking."

Is that okay?
    • ty0303 wrote:

Not A Communist wrote:

ty0303 wrote:

On the morning on April 14, a new era began. An era of peace, diplomacy. A new era for the world as a whole. The American government will no longer stand idly by, we will now jump into international affairs, we will now use our might to protect the free people of the world wherever they reside. That is our mission. Freedom is not free, but we are willing to pay the price.This message is for the Japanese. It is time that they have to be checked. Their time of pillaging Asia is over, it is time for intervention. Their senseless land grabbing and empire building have cost the deaths of thousands of innocents. But that will now come to a halt. The american people will no longer sit idly by, we will act. We will respond. We have spoken. The time for Japan is limited. The clock is ticking."President Henry Price, 2017

Is that okay?
      Here's an example of an article I wrote last year:

Dutch Conservative Party promises more Imperial action
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      The results of the General election last year revealed the popularity of the Dutch Conservative Party, which was formed due to the vastly damaging effects of the global economic crash on the Netherlands. The previous Dutch Government led by the Liberal party promised a stronger and more advanced Military, aswell as the reduction of poverty across Dutch colonies. However the economic crash destroyed any hope of a stronger Dutch Military, and as the Netherlands relied on their colonies resources continuously to survive, the people living under Dutch colonial rule began to starve, and devastating famines ravaged the lands. It seemed the Dutch Empire was doomed, revolution was in the air in the Dutch East Indies and in Dutch Suriname. Anti-Dutch protests began all over Dutch colonies, and violent protest groups began to outnumber the small amount of law enforcement officers in the Dutch colonies. The fact that crops grown by people in the Dutch East Indies was being shipped to the Netherlands whilst they starved angered people greatly. However the election of the Dutch Conservative Party revolutionized the popularity of the Dutch Empire, and as supplies and money began to flow into the Empire once again, the Anti-Dutch sentiment began to settle down. The Netherlands Prime Minister Charles Ruijs de Beerenbrouck, who is head of the Dutch Conservative Party, announced with great pleasure that he would be focusing on the construction of a strong Dutch Military aswell as the expansion of the Dutch Empire. He claimed that the growth of the Dutch Empire was the only way to assure the stability of the Dutch Empire, however the colonies of The Netherlands' European neighbours would not be interfered with.
      The invasion threat and plans of mass fortification
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      As war in the Pacific and Asia spreads almost daily, the threat of invasion in Dutch East Indies is very real. People fear the consequences of war greatly, and wish for only peaceful and safe lives. As unemployment in the Dutch East Indies increases annually, the Dutch Government has come up with a new fortification scheme to increase security and decrease unemployment. 150,000 people will be employed to construct fortifications all across the Dutch East Indies. Bunkers will constructed on roads, beaches and on the borders of villages and towns. Construction supplies will be shipped from the Netherlands, however a large portion of the materials used are created in the Dutch East Indies. The project is estimated to cost ƒ 100,000,000 and will begin within two years, and will take a further three to four years to complete. Governor-General Ernest van Brookentein has ordered Military Conscription to begin immediately as recruitment quotas in Dutch colonies fail to be met for a fifth year in a row. The Royal Netherlands Army aims to recruit another 250,000 Soldiers from the Dutch East Indies and reserve them for defence against invasion. The brand new soldiers will be trained in a Guerrilla warfare style of defence strategy in accordance with the new defence plans rather than the conventional Dutch training style. There is a lack of unity between the Dutch and the people living in Dutch colonies, Military service will hopefully prevent social separation from increasing.

The Kingdom of the Netherlands recognizes The Russian Empire
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The Netherlands was always a supporter of the White Movement in Russia, and when the Bolshevik forces were announced victorious in Russia it was extremely shocking and disappointing. The Dutch Government always hoped that the Russian Empire would gain the upper hand against the Communists at some point, however their hopes were dismantled once the Russian Empire collapsed. However all is not lost, the Russian Empire has been reborn in the far-east of Russia with some of the original leadership of previous Russian Empire. The Kingdom of the Netherlands officially recognizes the Russian Empire, and supports their claims as the true leaders of Russia. The government of The Netherlands believes that Communism has failed in the USSR, hence their announcement.

War in Liberia
      A Communist revolt broke out in Liberia earlier this year, and as refugees flee the war and violence in their homeland and head to neighbouring nations the situation seems to have deteriorated. The leaders of French Continental Africa accused the Communists of being the source of the refugees, the Communists were even labeled as "scums". However this is really just anti-Communist propaganda being spread by the French and their Continental Puppet Government. Whilst the Dutch people do not like the ideas of Communism and don't support it, the Dutch people do believe every man is entitled a right to freely choose his Political beliefs. Foreign intervention in civil wars should never occur unless mass killings or any type of severe war crimes are committed, and there are none in this case. The murders the Communists are apparently committing are just accidental deaths blown out of proportion for the purpose of Political gain. The French do not care about the people of Liberia, they only care about destroying a political system that is doing no harm to them or their people. The Government of the Netherlands will force a trade embargo and sanctions on French Continental Africa is there is Military intervention in Liberia.

But yeah, you're accepted. Just remember, the longer the better.
    • name: ITS BATMAN

RP Experience: Don't have any. I'm new to this

Country Selection: Japanese Empire

RP Sample: On May 11, 1939, in the Nomonhan Incident (Battle of Khalkhin Gol), a Mongolian cavalry unit of some 70 to 90 men entered the disputed area in search of grazing for their horses, and encountered Manchukuoan cavalry, who drove them out. Two days later the Mongolian force returned and the Manchukoans were unable to evict them.
      The Japanese IJA 23rd Division and other units of the Kwantung Army then became involved. Joseph Stalin ordered Stavka, the Red Army's high command, to develop a plan for a counterstrike against the Japanese. In late August, Georgy Zhukov employed encircling tactics that made skillful use of superior artillery, armor, and air forces; this offensive nearly annihilated the 23rd Division and decimated the IJA 7th Division. On September 15 an armistice was arranged. Nearly two years later, on April 13, 1941, the parties signed a Neutrality Pact, in which the Soviet Union pledged to respect the territorial integrity and inviolability of Manchukuo, while Japan agreed similarly for the Mongolian People's Republic.

Wait does it have to be real or my own?

The post was edited 1 time, last by BATMAN0729 ().

• BATMAN0729 wrote:

name: ITS BATMAN

RP Experience: Don't have any. I'm new to this

Country Selection: Japanese Empire

RP Sample: On May 11, 1939, in the Nomonhan Incident (Battle of Khalkhin Gol), a Mongolian cavalry unit of some 70 to 90 men entered the disputed area in search of grazing for their horses, and encountered Manchukuoan cavalry, who drove them out. Two days later the Mongolian force returned and the Manchukoans were unable to evict them.
      The Japanese IJA 23rd Division and other units of the Kwantung Army then became involved. Joseph Stalin ordered Stavka, the Red Army's high command, to develop a plan for a counterstrike against the Japanese. In late August, Georgy Zhukov employed encircling tactics that made skillful use of superior artillery, armor, and air forces; this offensive nearly annihilated the 23rd Division and decimated the IJA 7th Division. On September 15 an armistice was arranged. Nearly two years later, on April 13, 1941, the parties signed a Neutrality Pact, in which the Soviet Union pledged to respect the territorial integrity and inviolability of Manchukuo, while Japan agreed similarly for the Mongolian People's Republic.

Wait does it have to be real or my own?
      Haha, your own buddy.
    • RP Sample: "I Fusho Shiroma will bring our country to power! We will conquerour enemies with relentless force! We will not surender! We will not fail! We will conquer china! We will conquer the United States and all it's allies! I will partner with Nazi Germany and together we will be unstopable! Listen to my words people of the great Japanese Empire! If all our hearts go to the same goal nothing will stop us! For the great Japanese Empire!

Is that long enough for my first time?
    • BATMAN0729 wrote:

RP Sample: "I Fusho Shiroma will bring our country to power! We will conquerour enemies with relentless force! We will not surender! We will not fail! We will conquer china! We will conquer the United States and all it's allies! I will partner with Nazi Germany and together we will be unstopable! Listen to my words people of the great Japanese Empire! If all our hearts go to the same goal nothing will stop us! For the great Japanese Empire!

Is that long enough for my first time?
      A bit longer for a nation like Japan. It will be a difficult role so game + some RP experience is required.
    • Here's my Article:

The year is 1936. As King Gustav walked out onto the balcony, the people cheered. As he had, and his ancestors had for years, he is out to accept the new prime minister, and invite him to form a government. The Swedish Social Democrat party has scored another victory, forming a minority government, having won 97 of the 230 seats in the parliament. Under the leadership of Per Albin Hansson, the party has managed to reclaim the nation's government from the Centre Party. With Liberal policies, but anti-communist sentiments, the party has managed to hold the government for 4 years already, and this is Per’s second term as Prime Minister.

But the future of the party is uncertain. This year Adolf Hitler has risen to power in Germany. The Centre Party and the centre-right Moderate Party have made huge gains on the Democrats, the Centre narrowly missing a victory. Perhaps most troubling for all of these parties is the rise of small fascist and nationalist socialist parties all over Sweden. Preaching anti-communist policies and heavily implying anti-semitism, the parties only have around 1.5% of the population convinced that they are the best option for Sweden. But that has not stopped them from grabbing several small municipal governments, and as the king takes the stage, blue and gold swastikas can be seen peppered throughout the crowd. Even the king himself, as well as his son have been known to have sympathies with the nazis in Germany.

Although it seems unlikely that fascists or the nationalist socialists will grab power any time soon, it is very possible that come the next elections in 1940, the moderate party, or the even further right wing Sweden first party will have a chance at taking the government. That is, if they are willing to compromise and gain some of the votes from either the far right or the left.
    • Any chance I can join and be Japan ?

Emperors Residence...

All along the table serious faces stared at there divine emperor as Admiral Yamamoto informed him of there plans .
      "The American and British embargo on the import of desperately needed resources over our war in China leaves us little room to move .

We need those resources desperately for our military in China and factorys here on home island.
      After carefully considering all options we have only one course of action .
      We shall conquer the lands we need to make us self sufficient .

We will bring Asia under our sphere of influence and take back Asia for the peoples of Asia .
      Our naval forces will conduct a strike upon Pearl Harbour where we will destroy there Pacific fleet and strike a blow that will take years for them to recover .

By the time they have rebuilt there fleet our forces will already be on newly constructed Island fortresses making it Impossible for the "Gaijin" to impede our Pacific plans .
      The land of the rising sun will not allow those capitalist pigs to dictate to us like we are equals .
      We have our divine emperor and with his glorious leadership we will not fail .
      "Warning may contain a nut"

The post was edited 2 times, last by NICKYD ().