New units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think that if CoW were to add some new tanks, Game play would improve by quit a bit.

First, a flamethrower tank. During WWII, both sides attached flamethrowers to tanks and use them to lethal effects. They should deal about 10 damage to infantry, 5 to tanks, and 5 to buildings. Because flame throwers were most commonly mounted to light tanks, they should consume 25 food a day and 150 oil because fire needs oil. their oter stats would be the same as light tanks.

Secondly, Amphibious vehicles, that can go between water and land. the point of this unit is to be faster than a convoy with more HP and damage at sea. They should travel at 45 km/h and have similar stats to armored cars otherwise.

Finally there should be a flying boat. Flying boats were used for bombing. instead of landing on a airfield, flying boats should land on the seas, oceans and whatever lakes show up on the maps. speed and distance should be the same as tactical bombers while attacking stats should be the naval bombers.

Thanks for reading this. does anyone have any other suggestions?
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • NukeRaider33 wrote:

Finally there should be a flying boat. Flying boats were used for bombing. instead of landing on a airfield, flying boats should land on the seas, oceans and whatever lakes show up on the maps. speed and distance should be the same as tactical bombers while attacking stats should be the naval bombers.
      What really should happen here is that the existing "naval bomber" squadron should be divided into two different types of naval aircraft units:

1. Naval patrol bombers, i.e., big, relatively slow-moving, multi-engine bombers with long range and excellent reconnaissance capabilities (i.e. a wide patrol/detection/search radius). Naval patrol bombers would detect submarines, and have strong anti-submarine capabilities. It would not matter whether they were land-based (i.e., Luftwaffe's Condor) or amphibious (i.e., U.S. Navy's PBY Catalina).

2. Naval attack bombers, i.e., small, relatively fast-moving, single-engine bombers with shorter range, and reconnaissance capabilities comparable to fighters. Naval attack bombers would not be able to detect submarines, but could attack them once they were detected. Naval attack bombers would be able to fly from aircraft carriers or land bases.