For more variety on the battlefield!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• thanks for your feedback guys :) seems you mostly like these changes with some exceptions due to personal preferences, which is ok.
      I read something in this thread that i wanted to clarify: normal anti tank guns are unarmored, so tanks did not become stronger against them.
      Regarding the gold comment: making all other tanks cheaper would have changed their balance against all other ground units, so we went with the much more obvious choice of increasing light tank cost a little bit (which is really not that much). Light tanks are the most produced unit in call of war, so i think that is fair.
      The realism vs game balance discussion will certainly never end, both sides should accept that there will always be compromises.
      The suggestion regarding the anti air damage of subs is noted, thanks.
    • @freezy, anti-tank regiments are part of the "armor" class, just like anti-aircraft, SP anti-aircraft, artillery, SP artillery, all tanks, and tank destroyer units. When you increase the offensive and defensive strengths of medium tank, heavy tank and tank destroyer units against the "armor" class, how is it possible that you can distinguish between AT units and all other units in the "armor" class?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• MontanaBB wrote:

@freezy, anti-tank regiments are part of the "armor" class, just like anti-aircraft, SP anti-aircraft, artillery, SP artillery, all tanks, and tank destroyer units. When you increase the offensive and defensive strengths of medium tank, heavy tank and tank destroyer units against the "armor" class, how is it possible that you can distinguish between AT units and all other units in the "armor" class?

Sasri wrote:

Medium Tank
      - Increased armored offensive & defensive damage
      Lv1: 4->4.5 | Lv2: 5->5.5 | Lv3: 6->6.5 | Lv4: 7->7.5 | Lv5: 8->8.5 | Lv6: 9->9.5
      AT
      AA
      PS

Infantry class means "soft target"
      Armored class means "hard target"

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko: PS added ().

• Most of the new changes are good BUT the main problem is the light tanks, this will cause games to become even slower than they already are. I think this will make many to leave as most want games to go faster NOT SLOWER. To compensate this you need to do some OR ALL of these suggestions.

1) increase armored car's defense vs air units
      2) reduce build times on both medium and heavy tanks
      3) slightly increase speed of higher lvl medium and heavy tanks (as in reality they both became faster and more armored as time went on) Look at speeds of today's heavy tanks, they are faster than the light tanks at end of WW2)
      4) the increase cost of the light tank (the MOST built unit in the game) will cause many to build other units which is good BUT without increasing the other stats I suggest will cause games to slow dramatically. As stated this will cause many to complain about how slow games progress so imho either do these or something similar and reduce all build times to help reduce overall game days to finish a game...
    • We will implement the following 3 additional changes:

1) Increase the airport level requirement for rockets lvl2-4
      2) Make armored car lvl2-5 become available earlier
      3) Reduce anti air damage of submarines as well as more consistent damage increase against other submarines (max value is not changed though)

Is now also on beta.
    • freezy wrote:

1) Increase the airport level requirement for rockets lvl2-4
      @freezy, I assume the increased air base level is for production of rockets, and not a requirement for launching them. As you probably know, V-2 rockets were mobile, and could be launched from virtually anywhere with a couple of hours to set up the equipment. I would support making in-game rockets fully mobile IF their strength against combat units were reduced to a realistic level.

freezy wrote:

3) Reduce anti air damage of submarines
      Woo hoo! Long overdue. Thank you for hearing your peeps.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MontanaBB ().

• Concrete values:

Armored Car
      - lowered day of availability of research
      Lv2: 12->8 | Lv3: 24->16 | Lv4: 36->24 | Lv5: 40->32

Submarine
      - decreased anti air damage
      Lv1: 0.83->0.5 | Lv2: 1.5->0.75 | Lv3: 2->1 | Lv4: 3.13->1.25 | Lv5: 3.75->1.5 | Lv6: 4.38->1.75 | Lv7: 5->2
      - increased sub offensive damage
      Lv2: 1->1.25 | Lv3: 1->1.5 | Lv4: 1->1.75 | Lv6: 2->2.25
      - increased sub defensive damage
      Lv2: 1->1.25 | Lv3: 1->1.5 | Lv4: 1.25->2.19 | Lv6: 2.5->2.81

Rockets
      - Lv2-4: Increased build requirement from Airbase level 1 to Airbase level 2

And yes, I meant the build requirements only for rockets, not the launching requirements.
    • Perhaps, in the course of the reform of the units, they could at last correct the classification of the nuclear submarines and change it from ship to submarine.

Although it's over 12 months ago that I used the last time nuclear submarines and noticed they are classified as ship and accordingly become damage, but since the boats are still displayed as ships I suspect that also the damage model was not changed.

As long as this is not changed, the atomic cans are actually less useful against warships than the conventional dip tubes. Or is that intentional so?

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Never built them:D

Regarding the rockets - a good change with one fault in the mid game. Say I spam a whole bunch of lvl 1 rockets, then upgrade them through research, I could avoid the airbase 'issue'. May be minor but perhaps worth noting. Isnt it a better solution to have rocket fighters be their (only) counter? Perhaps lvl 4+ interceptors as well, so non-rocket using players also have an option later in the game.

Since we are changing the game anyway, may I dare raise the tac bomber issue? Its funny that its basically the only untouched unit, yet has the most complaints in the forum (not only by me;) ) Since its basically the unit that does the most damage by far (in terms of raw total damage vs damage recieved). Yes AA is raised in defense, but my first guess is that it still may not be enough. If the stats will not be changed, perhaps SBDE is a nice alternative?

All that said, all of this (including the subs, was long needed!) is not 1, but 3 steps in the right direction
    • miech wrote:

Never built them:D

Regarding the rockets - a good change with one fault in the mid game. Say I spam a whole bunch of lvl 1 rockets, then upgrade them through research, I could avoid the airbase 'issue'. May be minor but perhaps worth noting. Isnt it a better solution to have rocket fighters be their (only) counter? Perhaps lvl 4+ interceptors as well, so non-rocket using players also have an option later in the game.

Since we are changing the game anyway, may I dare raise the tac bomber issue? Its funny that its basically the only untouched unit, yet has the most complaints in the forum (not only by me;) ) Since its basically the unit that does the most damage by far (in terms of raw total damage vs damage recieved). Yes AA is raised in defense, but my first guess is that it still may not be enough. If the stats will not be changed, perhaps SBDE is a nice alternative?

All that said, all of this (including the subs, was long needed!) is not 1, but 3 steps in the right direction
      in real life, the level 2/3/4 rockets did not have a effective counter, but the rockets themselves were ineffective...

in COW, we could use a counter for the pesky rockets
      This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017