For more variety on the battlefield!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• freezy wrote:

//
      We also added upkeep costs for rockets, atomic bomber and atomic rocket...
      //
      rocket: 150 oil
      atomic rocket: 200 oil
      atomic bomber: 100 grain, 200 oil
      //
      Most likely next tuesday.
      //
      All games will use the new values
      //
      ...we lowered the upkeep for normal rockets to 100...
      //
      Tomorrow?

Without a prior notice, without time of warning ...?
      It's only here in the thread fragmented to read out ... In other forums it's not even that about it ...

There are players who have rockets but no war at the moment, so no target for it, to disarm is not possible at CoW, even to sink the rockets in the sea (as like the nuclear-sub-waste ;) ) you need a target ...

Especially (the good) players who have optimally adapted their oil consumption to their existing army and have additionally any rockets (nuke-rockets / -bombers), e.g. to prepare for the next war, or as a reserve to defend the core provinces ...
      ... and then they are kicked in the ass all of a sudden their planning is thrown over the heap ...

If this will added unannounced to running cards, it will ensure a substantial mess ...
      ... strategies will be destroyed and chaos generated - hmm ... - very nice, I love chaos ...Waldi 1.png

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Restrisiko wrote:

Without a prior notice, without time of warning ...?
      @Restrisiko, haven't changes to unit types only been implemented at the beginning of new games -- with old games being unaffected until their conclusion?
      Change a few combat values is one thing, but adding daily consumption for existing units is something completely different.

What would you say if tomorrow each unit of all your tanks or destroyers or anything else would suddenly consume 100 Rare Mats daily, without it being announced on the homepage at least a few days before?

Of course it must be added to all cards the same time - but for such a change it must give a lead time...

• Restrisiko wrote:

Of course it must be added to all cards the same time - but for such a change it must give a lead time...
      Are you sure, R? In the past, various map updates/correction, as well as research and unit changes have only applied to newly created games, not games already in progress. . . . For instance, last summer we had two or three difference research timelines depending which map you were playing and when the game had started. As I recall, all changes only applied to new games prospectively.

@freezy: Can we get an answer on this point? Will all of the changes to units retroactively apply to existing games in progress, or just prospectively to newly created games?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• Yeah, I remember some confusion with research times last year - was that the mistake that it was also added on regular servers, although it should only be for FP servers to test it there, and then it was taken back shortly thereafter?
      I also remember nebulous that there was some excitement last year since changes were added also to running maps - was it that?

Hmm, but when I read post 50 to 56, it seems that everything is added to all maps, so also to existing maps ...

• Restrisiko wrote:

Hmm, but when I read post 50 to 56, it seems that everything is added to all maps, so also to existing maps ...
      If so, there are going to be some interesting games tomorrow, when all of those rocket spammers start to dump their rockets or suffer the new daily upkeep penalties -- the fireworks will look like the Fourth of July, or Bastille Day in Paris!

:evil:
    • The changes seems generally good, especially to the rocket fighter, finally it will have some use, but I agree with everyone else on the submarine vs planes issue, I clearly remember watching a national geographic documentary that was specifically about the german u-boats, which was a truly devastating weapon, at some point a group of u-boats were under attack by allied planes, what did the crew do? "Switch off all engines, start diving, everyone stand in the very front of the boat so it will dive faster AND DON'T YOU DARE TALK OR MAKE A SINGLE SOUND, IF THEIR DEVICES HEARD US AND GOT OUR POSITION, WE ARE DOOMED."

Obviously that didn't include shooting at the planes, as far as I can remember the u-boat had only torpedoes, it had no weapon that could be pointed towards the sky, unless they are planning to float on the surface and make someone peek through a hatch to fire from a pistol, that would seem like an effective method if James Bond was part of the crew, BUT HE WASN'T SO SUBMARINES SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO THIS.
    • Restrisiko wrote:

Hopefully not just the icon...
      It wasn't just the icon, it had the wrong armor class. And this is fixed now.

MontanaBB wrote:

@freezy: Can we get an answer on this point? Will all of the changes to units retroactively apply to existing games in progress, or just prospectively to newly created games?
      Changes will affect all games. Brace for impact :D

Restrisiko wrote:

There are players who have rockets but no war at the moment, so no target for it, to disarm is not possible at CoW, even to sink the rockets in the sea (as like the nuclear-sub-waste ;) ) you need a target ...
      In the new about the balancing changes it was announced that the changes will affect all running games, and that additional changes may be done. So I guess it is time for some war now :)
    • I was one of those nerds, just somewhere else. My old D and D books are worth a small fortune, but Ill never sell. I was also in chess club and I was PREZ of the AV Club. I was also the first in my hood to have an Apple ][ +
      “I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis Khan
    • Sasri wrote:

Artillery
      - Increased naval offensive damage
      Lv1: 0.25->0.7 | Lv2: 0.25->0.8 | Lv3: 0.25->0.9 | Lv4: 0.25->1 | Lv5: 0.25->1.1 | Lv6: 0.3->1.2
      - Increased naval defensive damage
      Lv1: 0.13->0.35 | Lv2: 0.13->0.4 | Lv3: 0.13->0.45 | Lv4: 0.13->0.5 | Lv5: 0.13->0.55 | Lv6: 0.15->0.6
      - Increased range on Lv6: 70->80
      @Sasri What is "naval defensive damage" supposed to represent?