For more variety on the battlefield!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sasri wrote:

Rocket Fighter
      - Decreased unarmored defensive damage: 0.63->0.5
      - Decreased armored defensive damage: 0.31->0.25

I've ignored several of the other claims of armored/unarmored "defense", like for ships, but I want to clarify this one since it only specifies defense damage. Does this actually mean "offensive damage"? The reason I'm asking for this one is because the values I wrote down before for rocket fighter offensive damage to INF/ARM class were 1.1/0.4 not 0.63/0.31.
    • DxC wrote:

Sasri wrote:

Anti Air
      - Increased air offensive and defensive damage
      Lv1: 4->5 | Lv2: 5->6 | Lv3: 6->7 | Lv4: 7->8.5 | Lv5: 8->10 | Lv6: 9->12
      @Sasri I assume you meant "Increased air defensive damage"?
      Both - offensive is if AA attacks aircrafts which stands on the ground.

DxC wrote:

Sasri wrote:

Commandos:
      - Increased air offensive damage: 1->1.5
      Last one. This is suggesting that Commandos are now a range unit with respect to air with offensive AA ability. Is that correct?
      No, it's the same as AA, if they attack aircrafts on the ground.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

I'm pretty sure that is not correct. If air is in melee on ground it is a ground unit (INF class). In any case, let's not spam this and just wait for answer from Sasri. There is also no ingame value for AA "Attacking" air, as well as for the rest of the categories I mentioned. If you have actual evidence for this can you message me?
    • DxC wrote:

Restrisiko wrote:

I'm pretty sure that is not correct. If air is in melee on ground it is a ground unit (INF class). In any case, let's not spam this and just wait for answer from Sasri. There is also no ingame value for AA "Attacking" air, as well as for the rest of the categories I mentioned. If you have actual evidence for this can you message me?
      Believe it or not, but only at refueling or during transport as trucks are airplanes INF class, namely convoys for the time.
      However, if you are attacking aircrafts on the ground in a city that's still held by enemy units, then these aircrafts are aircraft class.

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/8137-should-aircraft-be-stuck-when-engaged-in-a-close-combat-fight?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• This is an independent issue from the reference you posted. It's been awhile, I don't know what happens with grounded planes if they are attacked in prov now but I don't think they can fly away, but regardless, that doesn't mean that ground troops magically get some super power vs air. There is no attack stat for ground vs air in unit stats. The same thing goes for all these ranged unit defense values that have never been part of the game but have suddenly shown up in Sasri's post of new unit stats. I'm eagerly awaiting to hear from Sasri to clarify.
    • DxC wrote:

Sasri wrote:

Anti Air
      - Increased air offensive and defensive damage
      Lv1: 4->5 | Lv2: 5->6 | Lv3: 6->7 | Lv4: 7->8.5 | Lv5: 8->10 | Lv6: 9->12
      @Sasri I assume you meant "Increased air defensive damage"?
      Every unit, even if they are not able to attack has an offensive attack value, because this is used to calculate the defensive damage. To increase the defense (different according to level) you want to now change the offensive damage and use a multiplier to calculate the correct defense damage. I admit this is a bit confusing without this information and we should definitely avoid such confusion in the future sorry :(
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Sasri wrote:

Every unit, even if they are not able to attack has an offensive attack value, because this is used to calculate the defensive damage.
      Ok thanks. But what about the Artillery naval defensive damage? Is it just the melee defense when they are being transported on the water? I thought the previous values for that were around 0.3 already, not 0.13.
    • As with other ground units, it's the defense against ships, when the unit stands directly on the beach and e.g. a convoy trys a landing; or other ships come in close combat range.

• Restrisiko wrote:

As with other ground units, it's the defense against ships, when the unit stands directly on the beach and e.g. a convoy trys a landing; or other ships come in close combat range.

I can vouch for this based on personal experience with this odd scenario. Do not let your ground troops get too close to enemy ships in close proximity to shore, or they can get locked in the combat death grip. With enemy destroyers, most ground units (other than artillery) cannot damage the DDs, and the DDs cannot damage them in return, and other units that are effective against the naval units will be required to extract them from the death lock.
    • DxC wrote:

Restrisiko wrote:

As with other ground units, it's the defense against ships, when the unit stands directly on the beach and e.g. a convoy trys a landing; or other ships come in close combat range.
      It sounds like you are suggesting these are separate from normal sea convoy stats. So these are hidden stats, not shown when you click on unit?
      Yes, has nothing to do with the convoi stats, all units have more or less minimal def values against others, they are simply not displayed.
      For convoys it's displayed since some month. Before also not.
      Must also be so that they have values so that there is no endless stalemate.

Thus e.g. even a ground unit on the coast which is attacked by a destroyer in close combat will destroy the destroyer ;) through this minimal defense in about 3 days.
      For landing boats it goes faster of course.
      Important is that the ground unit was there before a foreign unit tries to land, and only defends.

• Restrisiko wrote:

Must also be so that they have values so that there is no endless stalemate.
      Not asking if they have some small stat or the reason why, just if those particular values posted by Sasri correspond to those. What makes you so sure these weakened stats aren't the same as the convoy stats. Until this thread there was no obvious indication that there may be attack/defense values other than in the normal or convoy unit stats.
    • Sorry for the late answer :)

The values mentioned in these balancing changes are the real ones used ingame as well, it is just that some of them are not shown because normally they don't play any role. However there are rare circumstances when they will be used. So there is indeed some small damage value for nearly everything even if not displayed.

For example offensive damage vs air is used not only by range units, but also by close combat units if they are battling a defending army in a province where also aircrafts are stationed (as long as the airport is intact they are regarded as flying, stats wise).
      Defensive damage vs ships is used when the unit is in close combat with a ship on the shoreline (when not a convoy).
    • MontanaBB what are you talking about Rocket Fighters are still not that good there Range suck and they can't be a carrier unit they are buffed for the purpose that people like you spam tactical bombers they should be used as defensive units this is the great buff to stop tactical bomber spam no one likes building Interceptors and Anti-Air to stop this. Same as Commandos your trying to destroy the game remember they can be only built in the capital and are good in the mountains people like you are trying to destroy the game.

The post was edited 2 times, last by GTER6 ().