Tactics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I played now 4 games actively, but I have the feeling that nearly all my enemies are noobs. By reading the forum I find the most post are written by noobs. They wish for a certain unit because they can not use the existing units probably.

There are some bugs which you can use for your advantage.

Airplanes on an airport are airborne, if by attacking them with ground forces they will be airborne. Groundunits do not have a strong attack ratio against air units especially armored units. By placing bombers on airfield when tanks attack your airfield will likely result that your enemy will loose every tank and you will have hardly any damage on your planes, the same is true for amphibious operations.

The stratigic goal is to destroy the army of your enemies.

which we can split into two parts:

Destruction of factories and resources.
    Killing the troops.

1. defences
    There exist two units which have a better offensive value than defensive (art and bombers). This concludes that even a weaker army can defeat a stronger army. The moving army is always the attacker, if both armies are moving then two calculations are taking place, with one the defender and the other the attacker vice versa.
    You can use that by placing an army in the way of another and when it is soften up you turn to attack mode which speeds up the killing and you can use your army somewhere else.

2. capital
    Try to capturer the capital of your enemy shortly before the next day starts. By capturing the capital your provinces will increase by 10 %, The provinces which you captured previously this day will have 35 % and not 25 % and will not revolt.
    On the other hand your enemy has not a chance to build a new capital before the calculation which will reduce his moral even further.
  • Freakbrain wrote:

By reading the forum I find the most post are written by noobs
    Not true. Most of us are highly experienced.

Freakbrain wrote:

There are some bugs which you can use for your advantage
    Doing this makes you an unsavoury player.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Butter Ball Bill ().

• Don't use bugs to your advantage
    Sometimes new players have more ideas to offer, but like me and Bill here are vets, we just don't have any ideas yet to give, also your the noob here because I play and finish more games

I forgot to mention, that innactivity is kinda a big problem so chances are your up againts AI instead of real active players.
    "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
    -imperium thought of the day
  • Phoenix King wrote:

Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Well, I will edit mine but he is teaching beginners to exploit a bug.
    It's not a bug. Unless refueling or in a convoy, planes are considered aloft and will react as such.

Isnt that kind of unrealistic, in WW2?
    Maybe they should only attack when givven specific orders. Medium bombers are too strong anyhow, imho.
    What if I'm indoctrinated and actually fighting the good guys?
  • Phoenix King wrote:

Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Well, I will edit mine but he is teaching beginners to exploit a bug.
    It's not a bug. Unless refueling or in a convoy, planes are considered aloft and will react as such.
    Lol? the mods dont even know that there is that sick bug

By your justification , tanks can never destroy planes grounded on an airbase, since they are considered 'aloft' 24/7 when in an airbase, and this is basically encouraging people to ONLY place bombers in an airfield that will be attacked soon by tanks , instead of ordering the aircraft to directly attack the enemy

i guess the only way to ' recognize' a bug is by tasting the sourness of being on the recieving end eh? ;P

The post was edited 3 times, last by GeneralPhara ().

• I see, but still planes are hard to destroy using ground units when grounded, it's an issue that has been going on for a while, since the plane is still considered a "plane" using its present stats, meaning ground units will use their anti air value to it, instead of insta kill planes that are on the ground using tanks
    "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
    -imperium thought of the day
  • Still. I am pretty sure there was not a single time in WWII when 1 squadron of F4F's took out 20 tank brigades without needing to refuel or reload. It would be pretty hard anyway considering the F4F only has 50. cals and can only carry 6 rockets(I think). Those rockets were not accurate either.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Whether the plane defense of a province is a bug or not it needs to be changed. Planes destroying entire armies without support is not realistic or good game mechanics. There is a reason most armies either neutralize or capture enemy airports first when attacking. This game does not offer that ability.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche
  • I think its obvious why planes not in a convoy or refueling would be considered aloft...this is a game where people have to log off for many hours at a time. It's so that you can't just pick off an entire air force just because someone had to take a shower. From the "realistic" viewpoint, what, are planes not going to scramble when an enemy is incoming? That's like complaining that Anti-tank weapons should only function if the opposing player is online when you attack them.

Of course this had the unforseen problem that when engaged in a land battle on an airport the airplanes are forever "in flight". Coding to force extended refueling on land combat in such an instance would be an easy way to handle it.