Traitor in my team game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Traitor in my team game

I am in a team game. Everything was going ok till one of our team members told us he is allied with another team. The effect of this is that the other team now has an unfair advantage over us. Not only can he relay our troop movements, but he is no help to our cause.

I am aware that on any team game, someone could have their friend register on the other team and do this same thing. But there should be a way to remove players who commit treason, perhaps by votes of the other team members?

I really need advice on how to proceed with this.
    • I agree that this is a horrible situation, and there really should be some way to remove a team member in a team game who has turned traitor. That's something the software developers need to address.

In the mean time, my advice is pick your teammates carefully, and consider whether you should be playing team games at all. Most of the benefits of playing formal "team games" can be achieved by creating in-game alliances using the "share map" diplomatic relationship -- and a traitor can be removed from such alliances simply by changing the relationship on the diplomacy big board.
    • USMC Rules of Combat #22 - be polite, smile, be courteous - but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • I meant the friend on the other team should be eliminated. If his buddy is gone, the traitor will probably lose interest and quit. If he doesnt, it would be a good sign it was a multi-account cheat from jump.
      “I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis Khan
    • MontanaBB wrote:

@Hamilton Jefferson: As a practical matter, you and your non-traitor teammates may want to consider resigning en masse from the game. It sends a hell of a "f-- you" message to the traitor and anyone with whom he is cooperating. Don't give them the satisfaction of winning against live human players by benefiting from a dishonorable act.
      I am with MontanaBB on this.

There are plenty of maps to play on. When a player decides to circumvent accepted behavior, the easiest thing to do is walk away. Let them sit there and twiddle with the units on the map all they want. Don't give them the satisfaction of engagement. This is the CoW equivalent of "time out for bad behavior".