Recent upgrades

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Peachez wrote:

Like all the recent upgrades you posted recently. Especially the ARTILLERY upgrades! :thumbup:

Only one I don't like is the increase in metal resources for tanks.
      Just to notify you, the increase in metal resources for tanks was just to equal out the effectiveness of the units. So it's goal is to lower the use of tanks. If you already knew this, forget I said this.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • I was thinking about it for a couple of days and.....

Wasn't WW2 started because of countries spamming light tanks? Lol

Blitzkreig was 90% of the tactics used in Europe, even in the ending days of the European theater Germany stopped producing light tanks in favor of heavy tanks and American started spamming light/medium tanks like the Sherman.

But let's get real, we are not in WW2 anymore and I know this Is just a game so I see like this.... for historical purposes, light tanks should be able to be spammed. For gaming purposes, spamming tanks is a little cheap way to over run your enemy and it does get out of control sometimes.

But that's what air units are for! To bomb the blitzing enemy because they overwhelm you and out run ground units.

Just a 2nd thought lol
    • Oh come on, light tanks were a reconnaisance unit, without a chance against medium tanks, the backbone of all armored forces for all nations (Sherman, T-34, Pzkfw IV, etc). American light tank wouldn't be Sherman, but Stuart, and production figures show the reliance on med vs. light armor (48k Shermans vs. 22k Stuarts according to wikipedia).

Heavy armor had some value in the densest heat of battle, but was too slow in the exploit phase to replace the med tank (for example, 1300 Tigers vs. 6k Panthers even though the Panther was introduced later).

In CoW, light tanks are way too good at fighting other armor, and I'd estimate production figures med:light be something like 1:5. Then again, as many others already pointed out, it's just not a very realistic game at all!
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Oh come on, light tanks were a reconnaisance unit, without a chance against medium tanks, the backbone of all armored forces for all nations (Sherman, T-34, Pzkfw IV, etc).
      Well, here's something on which we can agree: light tanks vs. medium tanks, light tanks vs. heavy tanks, light tanks vs. tank destroyers, light tanks vs. AT regiments -- all of these match-ups should be a massacre of an outclassed weapons system against more heavily armed opponents.
    • Tactically, one of the reasons the LT is so overused is that its a better armored car. Sure its more expensive in terms of goods/iron/cash, but that is minor compared to the advantages. Its speed is actually the prime reason why it is spammed so much. Nearly as good as their AC counterpart, but without the downsides such as HP and weakness to armor.

And few people know...or notice, that LTs actually have a better line of sight compared to all other units aside the AC. Which only adds to their usefulness.

So summarizing, I think it is a good thing the resources are increased to build them. It might not even be enough, as they are usually STILL the best unit to build with a lvl 1 infra.
    • Following up, in an ideal world I wouldnt mind that some units are built more than others, but at the core every unit should have a certain value that it is interesting to build said unit at all (well most) times. LTs should be builded more than railguns for instance, but railguns should be viable as an option.

Regarding that, I think that the changes coming are a good thing. I do not agree with all of them, but from a meta perspective, most are good to excellent and I can only applaud the Bytro staff responsible for the decisions made in regard to this.
    • All good points, Miech.

In the first week or so of the game, the light tank brigade is the queen of the COW battlefield -- at least until tactical bombers and medium tanks appear. Once that happens in competitive games, then LTs become the primary reconnaissance unit and the fast-moving unit for capturing un-garrisoned enemy provinces. Armored car brigades are intended to be the primary recce unit, but given the competing needs for other, more important weapons technology research, I find it impossible to maintain current-level research for ACs. I still will keep a few L1/L2 AC units around because of their wide reconnaissance radius -- they make excellent recce units at critical points on contested borders, islands and straits when your aircraft units may be unavailable. Unfortunately, ACs are also dangerously close to useless as primary fighting vehicles.
    • Until these updates changed everything, I never even mad medium tanks, I rather 2 light tanks. they are fast, cheap to make and upkeep, can combat other tanks and since there is too, you can split them up should the situation require it