About the pacific map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• About the pacific map

I don't know when will they release the pacific map, but I want to know what the map will look like.
      I imagine the map will be set on the east and south east Asia, the powers will be Japan, China, Dutch East Indies, British colonies, Australia, America-Philippines, maybe even east russia (Siberia), and other powers, AI nations will be Korea, Taiwan and other small countries.

As for units I personally want to see Japanese units instead of the Axis units which is all German, because there are the allies, axis, and soviets, I want to see something more "asian" in the pacific map.

Finally I don't think America will be on the map, due to the massive distance of the pacific, and only the Philippines will be representing them.

Have any thoughts what the map will be like? Please replay.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • I imagine it would be quite like the S1914 map.

V1nd1cat0r wrote:

As for units I personally want to see Japanese units instead of the Axis units which is all German, because there are the allies, axis, and soviets, I want to see something more "asian" in the pacific map.
      You really don't. It would make the stats highly inaccurate. Japanese tanks had such bad armour that American tankers would have to use HE shells rather than AP since the AP shell would go in through the Jap tank and come out the other side doing little or no damage since the armour was so bad.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Butter Ball Bill wrote:

I imagine it would be quite like the S1914 map.

V1nd1cat0r wrote:

You really don't. It would make the stats highly inaccurate. Japanese tanks had such bad armour that American tankers would have to use HE shells rather than AP since the AP shell would go in through the Jap tank and come out the other side doing little or no damage since the armour was so bad.
      I think he means Japanese skins
      Pax Romana Communications Officer

• no need for new units to have a new map i guess
      anyway I suppose it will de better if playable countries be Japan and it's colonies in manchuria and corea - china - GB burma and GB thailand - french indochina - US philippines -Australia - and ocean until USmidway it gives 6 playable contries
      IA's well every think between those countries like netherlands indies -New guinea Sumatra Java ...
      Let's Agree To Disagree! Boris the Animal It's Just Boris! Men In Black III
    • Every tech tree is the same.
      That is ok for some, maybe even most techs. But definitely weird for some others.

US heavy tanks?
      Russian battleships?
      Every nation has rocket planes, a V1 and a V2?

Maybe its time to intruduce country-specific tech. Although that would open another can of worms.

PS: Taiwan wasnt an independent country before WW2; it was a Japanese colony.
      PS2: It would be weird to have a pacific campaign, without the US.
      What if I'm indoctrinated and actually fighting the good guys?
    • I imagine the U.S. west coast, East Russia, and parts of Alaska will show up on the map. I'd highly doubt they'd exclude the mainland U.S. Just look what they did with the 10 and 22 player maps; the U.S. coast was included as well as parts further inland. All they'd have to do is decrease the width and perhaps the height of the Pacific Ocean.