Oh, Sweet Victory - Higher Winning Rewards!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Oh, Sweet Victory - Higher Winning Rewards!

Dear Generals,

You spent months of fighting, putting your life and honor on the line. You endured and suffered, it’s finally time for you to get properly rewarded. Your courage and endurance now bear fruits, as we increased the winning rewards for the victors.

Besides the regular winning reward that depends on how many Victory Points (VP) you have at the end of the game, there will be an additional fix reward for the winning players. The fix reward will not only depend on which place you end up, but also on the map size. The bigger the map, the higher the final payout.

Will you be victorious?

This week’s changes will enter the battlefield:

- Added additional winning rewards that depend on final ranking and map size.
      - Added a new popup at the end of a game that also informs you about your winning reward.
      - Tutorial and Shop Improvements.
      - We fixed province names being displayed wrong in the province bar.

We hope you like these additions. Let us know what you think in the forums.

Good luck on the battlefield and have fun playing!

Your Call of War Team
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Nice update, sorely needed. Along with the unit stats being changed you guys are on a good road.

@Sasri: Can you tell anything about statistics (personal stats) being upgraded as well? For instance I would like to see 'number of wins'.

Or in short: copy paste the system from S1914 with the medals (and of course keep the current unit K/Ds along with it). Im willing to wager the average player here just loves statistics, the more the better.
    • If you are curious, here is a table with the new fixed rewards. You have to add the flexible amount on top (VPs x1).

(maps not listed have the normal reward)

edit: The America 1942: Homefront map uses same rewards as the Pacific map.
      Images
      • cowrewards.JPG

51.33 kB, 323×697, viewed 601 times
    • craz e bob wrote:

this is good,a reward for winning is an excelent idea. however it is pointless if the reward is not given.i won game number 1930233, and received nothing.
      A map must be ranked for points and rewards...

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • A frequent question is about how gold is paid out if the retire option is selected, so I will post that answer here:

When the last 3 or fewer players vote to retire the game is ended, and those players are given the regular rewards as if they won First, Second, and Third places.

So for example in the 22 player map:

First place is 3300 gold plus 1 gold per VP
      Second place is 1650 gold plus 1 gold per VP
      Third place is 1100 gold plus 1 gold per VP

And this is the same base amount regardless of winning outright or retiring. Naturally if you retire with 200 VP that will grant you a bit less gold than continuing on and getting 616 VP to win.

It is also good to note for players looking back at this thread that coalitions can win now since this original list was posted. This grants a equal amount of gold to each member of the coalition. There is no additional gold paid for VP currently with coalition wins.

The two that I know from experience are:

100 player map 3150 gold for coalition win
      50 player map 2600 gold for coalition win
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • oh, that's nice. i ended a game once and i only got like 100 gold = useless.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • In case of a coalition vp victory are they going to be the only ones rewarded?
      For example 3 countries form a coalition and win, will anyone else receive the "2nd place" reward?
      I would imagine no, but i am curious.

VorlonFCW wrote:

A frequent question is about how gold is paid out if the retire option is selected, so I will post that answer here:

When the last 3 or fewer players vote to retire the game is ended, and those players are given the regular rewards as if they won First, Second, and Third places.

So for example in the 22 player map:

First place is 3300 gold plus 1 gold per VP
      Second place is 1650 gold plus 1 gold per VP
      Third place is 1100 gold plus 1 gold per VP

And this is the same base amount regardless of winning outright or retiring. Naturally if you retire with 200 VP that will grant you a bit less gold than continuing on and getting 616 VP to win.

It is also good to note for players looking back at this thread that coalitions can win now since this original list was posted. This grants a equal amount of gold to each member of the coalition. There is no additional gold paid for VP currently with coalition wins.

The two that I know from experience are:

100 player map 3150 gold for coalition win
      50 player map 2600 gold for coalition win
    • T_Greg wrote:

In case of a coalition vp victory are they going to be the only ones rewarded?
      For example 3 countries form a coalition and win, will anyone else receive the "2nd place" reward?
      I would imagine no, but i am curious.

>> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/17540-upcoming-coalition-changes/&postID=129097 <<

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D