Secret spy report about new war

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If they had just invaded Germany at that time, they would have encountered poorly equipped soldiers that were Germany's worst fighters and when then ran into the better troops, the better troops would have little or no ammo and they also could've quickly captured the Rhine which would've seriously crippled Germany and made it so they definitely lost the war. Also, there would probably be no Cold War as a result of this.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Completely agree, BBB. Many of Hitler´s generals did´t want to attack Poland because that meant they would have to leave their border with France undefended. They barely left any troops behind, and those that they did were some kind of German Home Guard.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Czech army 1938

Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Czechs didn't offer any resistance. They also had bad tech and only 100 tanks(I think).
      "Czechoslovakia was a major manufacturer of machine guns, tanks, and artillery, most of which were assembled in the Škoda factory and had a modern army of 35 divisions. Many of these factories continued to produce Czech designs until factories were converted for German designs. Czechoslovakia also had other major manufacturing companies. Entire steel and chemical factories were moved from Czechoslovakia and reassembled in Linz, Austria which incidentally remains a heavily industrialized sector of the country. In a speech delivered in Reichstag, Hitler stressed out also the military importance of occupation, noting that by occupying Czechoslovakia, Germany gained 2.175 field canons, 469 tanks, 500 anti-aircraft artillery pieces, 43.000 machine guns, 1.090.000 military rifles, 114.000 pistols, about a billion rounds of ammunition and three millions of anti-aircraft grenades. This amount of weaponry would be sufficient to arm about half of the then Wehrmacht. [6] Czechoslovak weaponry later played major part in the German conquest of Poland and France, the countries that pressured the country's surrender to Germany in 1938." sais wikipedia. And: see attachment table. Also: http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=30130 sais:

The Czech army was indeed formidable for one.

The Czechs had an army of 42 divisions and two brigades - more than 600 000 men and 4 air regiments. The Czechs had 350 tanks and 73 tankettes, along with about 70 armoured cars.
      The Czech army had the world's highest amount of automatic weapons per soldier (1/7 soldiers) in September 1938 and plenty of excellent artillery.

Skoda was a famous company which made guns and during ww1 they made one of the biggest guns in the war.
    • blazseidr wrote:

Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Czechs didn't offer any resistance. They also had bad tech and only 100 tanks(I think).
      "Czechoslovakia was a major manufacturer of machine guns, tanks, and artillery, most of which were assembled in the Škoda factory and had a modern army of 35 divisions. Many of these factories continued to produce Czech designs until factories were converted for German designs. Czechoslovakia also had other major manufacturing companies. Entire steel and chemical factories were moved from Czechoslovakia and reassembled in Linz, Austria which incidentally remains a heavily industrialized sector of the country. In a speech delivered in Reichstag, Hitler stressed out also the military importance of occupation, noting that by occupying Czechoslovakia, Germany gained 2.175 field canons, 469 tanks, 500 anti-aircraft artillery pieces, 43.000 machine guns, 1.090.000 military rifles, 114.000 pistols, about a billion rounds of ammunition and three millions of anti-aircraft grenades. This amount of weaponry would be sufficient to arm about half of the then Wehrmacht. [6] Czechoslovak weaponry later played major part in the German conquest of Poland and France, the countries that pressured the country's surrender to Germany in 1938." sais wikipedia. And: see attachment table. Also: http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=30130 sais:
      The Czech army was indeed formidable for one.

The Czechs had an army of 42 divisions and two brigades - more than 600 000 men and 4 air regiments. The Czechs had 350 tanks and 73 tankettes, along with about 70 armoured cars.
      The Czech army had the world's highest amount of automatic weapons per soldier (1/7 soldiers) in September 1938 and plenty of excellent artillery.

Skoda was a famous company which made guns and during ww1 they made one of the biggest guns in the war.
      Formidable or not, they still rolled over like a well-trained dog.

• Yeah, see the first part of the wikipedia article: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_occupation_of_Czechoslovakia
      Although I read not long ago an article lamenting about the different strategies Poland and the Czechs folowed in WW2 (I mean leaning versus fighting). And the endresult (see table column death as % of 1939 population) is favouring the czech strategy (although far less "noble" one might say). If you compare only the military casualties 46.000 to 240.000 the result is still on the favour of the czechs. Of course the polish jews would have been anihilated regardles which way Hitler would have occupied the country.

[/td]
      [/tr]
      [/table]

Czechoslovakia (in postwar 1945-1992 borders)K14,612,000[30]46,000[31]
      to 35,000[32]
      294,000[31] to
      320,000[32]
      340,000 to 355,0002.33

Poland (within 1939 borders)AR34,849,000 [105]240,000[106]5,620,000[107]
      to 5,820,000[108]
      c.5,900,000[109]
      to c.6,000,000[110]
      16.93 to 17.22
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

They had been preparing defenses for ages and building up their army. They should've stood and fought rather than let Hitler(literally) have a picnic in Czechoslovakia.
      They had defenses. They had a good army. But let me explain you why Czechoslovakia (logically) didn't put up resistance.

Czechoslovakia's (CZH from now on) main enemy was obviously Germany. However, CZH had more enemies than Germany, so therefore he couldn't concentrate all of its troops on the border with Germany. Poland, generally seen as the 'poor little fella' in the war, took a city called Teschen and a mining district. Hungary took the south of Slovakia, and later on the whole of Slovakia (not the whole CZH, only Slovakia, which is about half). Hitler also took the Sudetenland, the German region of CZH, a wonderful example of the 'Blumenkriege', wars of the flowers, because Hitler was received extremely well. Under different attacks and the population wanted to join Germany, I don't find it illogical that CZH surrendered. However, this meant that Germany didn't suffer any casualties, and Germany captured the Czech factories that produced tanks intact.The Panzer I and the Panzer II are based on Czech models, and they were mainly produced in CZH, because Germany didn't have many tank factories in Germany at the time.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • The Czechs should've still done something. Whether it was destroy anything the Germans would find useful or fight to the death, the should've done nothing. I believe there was little or no resistance too.

• Pablo22510 wrote:

The Panzer I and the Panzer II are based on Czech models, and they were mainly produced in CZH, because Germany didn't have many tank factories in Germany at the time.
      Are you sure?

I thought Panzer I was a design by Krupp, based on the British Carden Loyd Mk IV (tankette).
      Panzer II was designed bij MAN, basicaly a larger version of their (verry similar, but rejected) design for the Panzer I.

The Germans made extensive use of the Czech tanks "Lehký tank vzor 35", and 38, known in German service as the Pzkpfw 35(t) and 38(t). The latter was the base for a whole range of vehicles up to 1945 (most well known are Marder, Grille and Hetzer).
      What if I'm indoctrinated and actually fighting the good guys?
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

comrade dave wrote:

I don't know if anyone has said this already, I'm too lazy to read all the comments I just got back from work, but Poland was invaded by Germany and the Soviet union in 1939, France was invaded in 1940. If this map was 2v2 one team would most likely be Germany and SU but the other would be Poland and someone else.
      We said it three times or something.
      This is the overall best comment spoken- The Rest is all Garbage!
    • I don't know, seems like this would exclude USSR. Fall gelb/weiss with playable Germany/Italy and France/UK, poland ai. Seems like the natural way to go, assuming 2v2. Honestly Germany and SU on same team sounds completely pointless who would do such a thing, put your thinking caps on people.