Mass gold players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I use some gold, usually at the beginning of a game to get a boost when it matters most. I know a few who are so good that they can take me without any gold at all, and that's great. But once I ran into a player who seemed to have unlimited resources. Three of us were trying to get the upper hand and we couldn't do it. This was on a world map, so we knew the fight was going to be long and tough. He still constantly beat us. That is until he took a trip on a friend's yacht down past LA and points south. I think they were heading to Panama. He would stop in port about once every three days and get back online via cell phone, but he was suddenly at a clear disadvantage, so he lost interest. Point is, anybody with deep pockets is going to make the game developers some money so they can continue to fix and improve the game. I want the developers to thrive, so fine; if I run into another deep pocket person, I'm just going to run away. There are other maps to play. No problem.
  • Barrimann wrote:

I use some gold, usually at the beginning of a game to get a boost when it matters most. I know a few who are so good that they can take me without any gold at all, and that's great. But once I ran into a player who seemed to have unlimited resources. Three of us were trying to get the upper hand and we couldn't do it. This was on a world map, so we knew the fight was going to be long and tough. He still constantly beat us. That is until he took a trip on a friend's yacht down past LA and points south. I think they were heading to Panama. He would stop in port about once every three days and get back online via cell phone, but he was suddenly at a clear disadvantage, so he lost interest. Point is, anybody with deep pockets is going to make the game developers some money so they can continue to fix and improve the game. I want the developers to thrive, so fine; if I run into another deep pocket person, I'm just going to run away. There are other maps to play. No problem.
    we need more people like you
    This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017
  • Captgraywolf wrote:

well this dude must really like me he spend like $150 +/- in the last day what a PRLL

Intel is always good and it was a 50 player if i recall and when you kinda allies
    it easer to post if all arnt in the same coalition

it would be good to have C.Mail like other games i have played
    exposing his info is just a douche move, at least you know that he wasted 150 dollars on nothing...

also, for a second i thought that you said that me and the gold user were allied, oops...
    This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017
  • On the 100 player map I've been able to beat gold spammers by rallying allies around them. No one really wants a gold spammer around them and you would be surprised how they will gang up to get rid of one if they can or at the very least make him commit to spending ;)
    "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

• For the really deep pockets there's just one solution: give up the map en masse, and have him fight all the inactives left if he wants to. Of course it's annoying if you had a good start till then, but hey. It's good for Bytro so it's good for us, and even though many of us really would advocate a different business model for them, it's simply not our place I guess.
    When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
    - BIG DADDY.
  • Come on guys.

The correct answer is to milk his wallet for as long as possible.

I really wish the WH published gold use by player each day. I would be thrilled to know I have managed to force another player to pay $150 to beat me.

Hey!!!

How about if there were a counter in your profile that went up every time some else in a game with you went up? That would be cool. I am sure there are some details to work out but I would love to have "100,000 Gold expended against me" as an award in my profile. Some folks might think twice about coming at me.
  • Nice idea... but in direct contradiction to Bytro philosophy, I guess.
    When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
    - BIG DADDY.
  • Or maybe just a number that indicates a percentage of games that a player has used gold in. This way at least you can view the profile of someone and tell whether or not they are 'likely' to use gold against you and that would help with defensive strategies maybe ?
    "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

• No dice. Bytro wants gold users to be able to do it is secretive as possible; and rightly so, or they would be burned at the stake by the rest of the community... even though they DO bring in the money that allows us to play a free game...
    - BIG DADDY.
  • ATownGtr wrote:

Or maybe just a number that indicates a percentage of games that a player has used gold in. This way at least you can view the profile of someone and tell whether or not they are 'likely' to use gold against you and that would help with defensive strategies maybe ?
    You already can get some idea of which players utilize gold to a large degree by reading the tea leaves, so to speak, in analyzing their battle statistics against other human players:

1. Look for the "gold bomber," i.e., someone who makes extensive use of tactical bombers and then recharges their combat effectiveness after every sortie with gold. Tell-tale signs: very high number of kills by tactical bombers (check the "Carpet Bomber" award numbers under the "Achievements" tab), then look at their tactical bomber losses under the "Stats overview" tab. Compare their "carpet bomber" kills by tactical bombers with their tactical bomber losses; I have a ground unit kills/TB losses ratio of 10.6, which is a very good ratio. When you see a player with a ground unit kills/TB losses ratio of 15:1, 20:1, 25:1, I guarantee that player is a "gold bomber," and not just occasionally.

2. Look for the "golden rocket spammer," i.e., a player who makes extensive use of gold to accelerate the production of rockets and to buy the necessary rare materials to support mass rocket production. Check the "Retributor" award under the "Achievements" tab for the total number of rockets built and compare that number with total number of games played. I've produced 1,265 rockets in 19 games, and that's a lot of rockets, and it required a lot of late-game resources and production time. When a player's rocket production is measured in 100s of rockets per game, they are almost certainly a "golden rocket spammer."

3. Look for the "gold spammer," i.e., someone who makes frequent and extensive use of gold to accelerate unit production of all kinds and to purchase the resources required without any real regard for resource production improvements. Check the overall scores and rankings on the player's main statistics page; the tell-tale signs are a very high "Military score" and "Overall score," a relatively low "Economic score" in comparison to the Military score, coupled with a relatively low overall kills-to-losses ratio -- sometimes approaching 1:1. What these stats in combination often indicate is a player who cannot be bothered to build his industrial and resource production capacity, who uses gold to buy resources as needed, who accelerates unit production without regard to cost, but is often a mediocre tactical player who makes good his losses by producing more units on an accelerated basis.

There are tactics and strategies for dealing with each type of big-time gold spender, but the big-time "gold spammer" presents the biggest challenges. I once encountered another player on the 50-player Pacific map who had 220 units, including 40+ tactical bomber squadrons and 30+ interceptor squadrons on Day 12 of the game. His highest level industrial complex was an L2 with a single L2 air base and a single L2 infrastructure. Most of his core resource production provinces lacked even L1 infrastructure. When I realized what was going on, I used the "reveal all armies" espionage function to get his exact unit totals, etc., and then did the reverse calculations to figure out how much gold he had spent to produce his unit totals; he had used over 200,000 gold units to produce his air force alone -- by Day 12. I briefly considered dropping $50 on gold and giving him a taste of his own medicine until I realized that was a fraction of what he had already spent. Leaving 1/3 of my 85 units behind as a sacrificial defensive screen, I evacuated the other 2/3s of my units from the mainland of Asia to an allied country in Australia where they could not be attacked and killed while I was still an active player in the round; everyone else in the game quit en masse.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• Greetings,

The use of gold is how Bytro Labs supports the servers of which holds all games that users enjoy. The use of gold will also never be discriminated against in anyway because of the above reason. If you wish to play in non gold games, join Players League games, and Staff Invitational games are your best bet. Otherwise, it would be you trying to put together honor system games, and Game Staff cant enforce those games. Also, i am now closing this thread because i have noted some passive Gold Bashing from some posters. Please refrain from doing so.

Best Regards.
    EN Community Support