Suggestion: Community Game-Manual

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion: Community Game-Manual

Hello!

Lots of us have questions and concerns during our time playing Call of War (Supremacy 1942).

We have the tutorial for beginners and we do have the help chat. However, we don't necessarily have a point of reference except for posts here in this forum page.

Can we create space on the main page after logins for players and users to check hard facts and raw data about units, infrastructure, terrains, economic resources, espionage, and diplomacy?

Check out the pictures below and comment on how you feel!

[Picture 1]:

[Picture 2]:

• I like the efforts to put up a manual and applaud the ppl who put their time into it. Let that be clear ;)

The worrying thing is that only the most self-explanatory issues (which one can find out quickly in 2-3 games) are all in there.

But, for instance, one of the most crucial factors in all of the game and fully dictated by the mechanics, is moral.
      And there is almost nothing about moral of troops and provinces in the entire manual.

Troops: how often do we see newbies with 30 infantry @ 35% moral attacking a way smaller group @ 100% and lose, causing enormous frustration? Too often IMO.

Provinces: moral drops are caused by a number of factors, i.e. enemy troops on territory, distance to capital, resource supply situation etc. Honestly, this should be elaborated upon and should be explained well.
      Even I - though definitely not pro - can't get my head around certain issues yet, like distance to capital for instance.
      What is that distance, how is it measured, by what is it influenced?
      I build roads and airports, because the 'Distance to capital' is expressed in travel time, but even though I believe that should help, there is nothing to help me know whether I am doing the right thing.

Therefore I definitely support a manual along the lines Loningen proposed.

Bytro should take note that we lose a lot of players early on, because they just don't know what to do and a better manual could prevent many of those players from leaving us very early on, without having given the game a fair chance.