How do you counter someone who spends a ton of gold?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you counter someone who spends a ton of gold?

Hey, the past two games I've joined I've been paired with players who spend enough money on gold to have a massive army by day 1 and I have no idea how to counter them. Please understand I'm not complaining, I understand that this is a free to play game and that the creators need some kind of way to keep the game up but I just don't get how I'm supposed to play around someone who has a massive army on day 1. Please be very detailed if you have a response, too. I asked someone else and they said "Just strategize" But no matter how smart I try to play things they just throw everything they have at me, my army is just too small to compete.
    • Jeffry718 wrote:

Hey, the past two games I've joined I've been paired with players who spend enough money on gold to have a massive army by day 1 and I have no idea how to counter them. Please understand I'm not complaining, I understand that this is a free to play game and that the creators need some kind of way to keep the game up but I just don't get how I'm supposed to play around someone who has a massive army on day 1. Please be very detailed if you have a response, too. I asked someone else and they said "Just strategize" But no matter how smart I try to play things they just throw everything they have at me, my army is just too small to compete.
      if you want to survive against a gold spammer, your best chance is to defend, start building bunkers before he invades you, add some light tanks and anti-tanks in the fortified provinces, if he got aircraft, then build some interceptors/anti-air guns

if he REALLY Spams gold, then you probably wont survive, but at least make him pay for it
      This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017
    • King Draza Mihajlovic wrote:

Jeffry718 wrote:

if you want to survive against a gold spammer, your best chance is to defend, start building bunkers before he invades you, add some light tanks and anti-tanks in the fortified provinces, if he got aircraft, then build some interceptors/anti-air guns

if he REALLY Spams gold, then you probably wont survive, but at least make him pay for it
      Good idea but most of these guys had half of my country by day two.

miech wrote:

Most arent good players, make use of that. Learn everything you can about how this game works (information abundant in the forums). And heed the advice of Draza.

If the golder comes with 50 units on day 2, just shake your head, and archive the game.
      It really sucks a lot of fun out of the game if I have to end a game just because some guy has money to spend.

ATownGtr wrote:

1. Swipe Credit Card
      2. Buy Gold
      3. See who can spend the most
      4. Winner = Refer to #3
      Accurate.
    • Just try your best to make them pay for it. but some ppls just spam so much gold. I wonder how much they own their credit cards some days
      When I said that British fighter-bombers had shot up my tanks with 40mm shells, the Reichsmarschall who felt himself touched by this, said: 'That's completely impossible. The Americans only know how to make razor blades.' I replied: 'We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall.