Warfare Modifications

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Actually, in comparison to their real world WW2 counterparts, our in-game rockets are dramatically over-powered. Yes, I repeat: rockets are over-powered. Real V-2s were, in fact, virtually useless as a tactical weapon against combat units in the field. They were wildly inaccurate -- sure, they could hit a city of the size of London or Antwerp (most of the time) -- but they were simply incapable of targeting fixed military installations, let alone regiment-sized combat units in the field. The V-2's 1,000-kg (~1 ton) warhead could make a nice crater of 75 to 100 feet across, but could kill no more than a handful of troops or destroy a handful of vehicles if they were properly dispersed under combat conditions.

Bottom line: in-game rockets should be primarily strategic weapons for use against buildings, not troops.

That said, I think it was horribly unfair to players with games currently in progress to change the rocket upkeep requirements for immediate effect in existing games. Several of the posts here point out the dramatically unfair impact that has already occurred. These changes should only be applied prospectively to newly created games.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• MontanaBB wrote:

Actually, in comparison to their real world WW2 counterparts, our in-game rockets are dramatically over-powered. Yes, I repeat: rockets are over-powered. Real V-2s were, in fact, virtually useless as a tactical weapon against combat units in the field. They were wildly inaccurate -- sure, they could hit a city of the size of London or Antwerp (most of the time) -- but they were simply incapable of targeting fixed military installations, let alone regiment-sized combat units in the field. The V-2's 1,000-kg (~1 ton) warhead could make a nice crater of 75 to 100 feet across, but could kill no more than a handful of troops or destroy a handful of vehicles if they were properly dispersed under combat conditions.

Bottom line: in-game rockets should be primarily strategic weapons for use against buildings, not troops.

That said, I think it was horribly unfair to players with games currently in progress to change the rocket upkeep requirements for immediate effect in existing games. Several of the posts here point out the dramatically unfair impact that has already had occurred. These changes should only be applied prospectively to newly created games.
      Yeah literally the accuracy that rockets have ingame are extremely overpowered. This is probably the best post on this thread.
    • Well I guess it's time for these people to start using their rockets. Now about those subs...How are you supposed to protect capital ships now? Naval Bombers? Destroyers are the next most useless unit with the sub boost now. Maybe we should inverse destroyer attack and defense because to me destroyers are a defensive unit to protect your capital ships. Destroyers had that purpose in ww2 and it was the capital ships doing most attacking.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Actually, in comparison to their real world WW2 counterparts, our in-game rockets are dramatically over-powered. Yes, I repeat: rockets are over-powered. Real V-2s were, in fact, virtually useless as a tactical weapon against combat units in the field. They were wildly inaccurate -- sure, they could hit a city of the size of London or Antwerp (most of the time) -- but they were simply incapable of targeting fixed military installations, let alone regiment-sized combat units in the field. The V-2's 1,000-kg (~1 ton) warhead could make a nice crater of 75 to 100 feet across, but could kill no more than a handful of troops or destroy a handful of vehicles if they were properly dispersed under combat conditions.

That said, I think it was horribly unfair to players with games currently in progress to change the rocket upkeep requirements for immediate effect in existing games. Several of the posts here point out the dramatically unfair impact that has already had occurred. These changes should only be applied prospectively to newly created games.

It looks like a v-2 it must be one...Oh and the nuclear plants, nuclear subs,battleships,aircraft carriers and rockets all existed then too right. Maybe lvl 2 is like a v-2 but this game allows for further technology. Takes a few hours to do a weeks march. Take over of countries in a day.... Your argument is not based on the game just war time tech. Nukes are basically ICBMs and so are stared rockets,. same range...

All the Nuclear options didnt exist till the mid 50's. We get access to it on day 24... those nuclear planes are the atomic ones used at end of ww2.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Aceswild ().

• litenew wrote:

Well I guess it's time for these people to start using their rockets. Now about those subs...How are you supposed to protect capital ships now? Naval Bombers? Destroyers are the next most useless unit with the sub boost now. Maybe we should inverse destroyer attack and defense because to me destroyers are a defensive unit to protect your capital ships. Destroyers had that purpose in ww2 and it was the capital ships doing most attacking.
      subs only got more powerful against other subs.
      “I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis Khan
    • MontanaBB wrote:

I would have to disagree with you. Aside from the fact that CoW is a game and not real life, accuracy actually is crap when you are firing at moving targets (which I have done in the past and have learned from it). Sometimes you have to actually lure your target into battle to even get any use out of your rockets, so say there are no troops on one side of your country and someone decides to blitz through without stopping, your rockets aren't going to do much.

I wouldn't mind if they nerfed rockets and make them less accurate or something, but it kinda sucks that there is an upkeep instead (when oil isn't even in the starting cost AND when it is a one time use weapon) which kind of defeats the purpose of having rockets in the first place.
    • We all need to quit whining about all this. It is a good thing. If you have ever been on the short end of a gold mining player, with resources heavy in RM, then you know what it is like. This levels the playing field a bit and really makes it a "decision" rather than a Rail Gun or Nukes. I do think though that 500 per day is a bit much. Basically it requires you to build and shoot and that is not what rockets are for. Cut that in half and I think you have a nice mix.
    • Why do updates effect current games? Updates should only effect new games. When you run an update in a current game, it dramatically changes the dynamic of that specific game. In a specific game, type of units are created in line with that game rule. You never change the rules during a game. Do you not have the ability to make game change rules to new games? If you do change the rules mid-game, you should refund any money spend by players during that specific game. Also, by refunding players every time you change game rules, even though it may be rare to do so, it will teach you a lesson to me much more sensitive to how you effect game play. I am appalled that game changes effects current games rather only new games. In professional sports, you can't change the rules during mid-game or mid-season. I do expect a reply from a company REAL LIFE Representative since this effects REAL LIFE MONEY. Your more then welcome to take this offline via email.
    • litenew wrote:

I'm concerned about the submarine becoming overpowered. We use destroyers to protect against submarines but now the subs will be stronger than destroyers. What's the point of having a navy then? Just spam subs. I actually like to have destroyers, cruisers and battleships but now everyone knows spamming subs is going to be the only reliable naval strategy. How dull.
      Submarine strength barely changed, they are weaker against air now and their damage increase against submarines (not normal naval units!) is only on specific levels to make the increase more evenly distributed, the overall strength on the highest level did not change

Supreme Leader Nate wrote:

Regardless of whether or not you can build 8000 rockets or not, it completely ruined my oil production mid game (was over 500 an hour, now -242 per hour). I'm fine with finding a new strategy in new games, but for it to affect all games is just ridiculous and just ruined my game.
      We are sorry for that, but currently our engine sadly does not allow for changes to only affect new games. That's why we warned in the last news that all changes will affect also running games. I hope you guys can forgive us for disrupting some games if in the long term this provides a much better game balance :) If you feel that your game was impacted in a very negative way, feel free to write a support ticket to get more individual help.

litenew wrote:

Well I guess it's time for these people to start using their rockets. Now about those subs...How are you supposed to protect capital ships now? Naval Bombers? Destroyers are the next most useless unit with the sub boost now. Maybe we should inverse destroyer attack and defense because to me destroyers are a defensive unit to protect your capital ships. Destroyers had that purpose in ww2 and it was the capital ships doing most attacking.
      As said above, Submarines did not become stronger vs. naval units, Destroyers are as good as always vs. submarines.

Bleedorange70 wrote:

We all need to quit whining about all this. It is a good thing. If you have ever been on the short end of a gold mining player, with resources heavy in RM, then you know what it is like. This levels the playing field a bit and really makes it a "decision" rather than a Rail Gun or Nukes. I do think though that 500 per day is a bit much. Basically it requires you to build and shoot and that is not what rockets are for. Cut that in half and I think you have a nice mix.
      It is 100 per day, not 500 :). Upkeep is actually still cheaper than other units.

PANZER WAFFER wrote:

Hi everybody I'm that rocket guy and I just found out guess I'm using all my rockets now 845,000 k upkeep I'm doomed
      Oh, well, happy fireworks then :) The game was definitely not designed for buildings rockets in the thousands, sorry :)

tripb wrote:

Why do updates effect current games? Updates should only effect new games. When you run an update in a current game, it dramatically changes the dynamic of that specific game. In a specific game, type of units are created in line with that game rule. You never change the rules during a game. Do you not have the ability to make game change rules to new games? If you do change the rules mid-game, you should refund any money spend by players during that specific game. Also, by refunding players every time you change game rules, even though it may be rare to do so, it will teach you a lesson to me much more sensitive to how you effect game play. I am appalled that game changes effects current games rather only new games. In professional sports, you can't change the rules during mid-game or mid-season. I do expect a reply from a company REAL LIFE Representative since this effects REAL LIFE MONEY. Your more then welcome to take this offline via email.
      As stated above, our technology currently does not allow to put the changes only into new games. Maybe that can be improved upon in the future, there I agree. But right now we felt that having a good game balancing long term outweighs the little one time disruption in some games. We are sorry if it impacted you negatively. Please write a support ticket if you need individual help.
    • They issue an update no one asked for then request our comments on this forum. Then basically say tough crap it is what it is deal with it. We ruined your games we don't care. But we should be happy they did these changes that don't make any sense we should be happy that they made it "fair" for all. I cannot believe how little tact a manager actually has in response to this... If I was Panzer I would go through the roof...working on a year in a single game and they insult him... UNBELIEVABLE! They really just want you to close that game so they don't have to maintain it... would prefer you quit.

Not one more cent from me! This is the worst "update" ever and that's it Ill finish out the games you ruined and I'm done.

Game Makers - Stick your fingers in your ears, put your head in the sand and know your doing all you can. Then you look up and the money stops and you can't figure out what you did wrong....
    • Actually there were many players asking for the update. And we still value your feedback very much :) Though this one point about affecting running games cannot be changed with our current technology, and we are sorry for that. But we won't stop balancing our games because of that.
      You are still welcome to also give feedback and all the changes themselves. Those can be regarded in future balancing updates then.

The good thing about the rockets: They are easy to use, for sure you have some enemy on the map that you can fire them on, and in under one day your economy is normal again. I mean players build them to use them at some time anyway, right!?
    • Dixie wrote:

i like the new rewards! 500% the old system. Way to step up, kudos!

Now, can we get a blueprint for winning, too....?

Its not all bad, mostly all good.

Thanks @freezy
      Dixie I know the rocket thing doesnt affect you, in your former posts you say your tried them in one game and never will use them again. But you continue to give input on rockets throughout this is thread but you have zero experience with them.
    • freezy wrote:

Actually there were many players asking for the update. And we still value your feedback very much :) Though this one point about affecting running games cannot be changed with our current technology, and we are sorry for that. But we won't stop balancing our games because of that.
      You are still welcome to also give feedback and all the changes themselves. Those can be regarded in future balancing updates then.

The good thing about the rockets: They are easy to use, for sure you have some enemy on the map that you can fire them on, and in under one day your economy is normal again. I mean players build them to use them at some time anyway, right!?
      How ridiculous! Your infinite wisdom is for me to shoot off my rockets to return to my pre-idiodic update levels. Oh but its a huge part of my defense. So just open myself up for attack and all will be good. WOW the wisdom of the decision makers of this game is AMAZING! I spent way to much time looking through this forum that I had not looked at before now. I am lvl 50 been playing for quite some time.. Could not find anywhere that people were even complaining about rockets other then accuracy because they falsely base them on actual WW2 weapons.
    • Dixie wrote:

i have experience being killed by them. rockets were op. now just right. :)
      ... Have to have industry, airbase, research 500 RM 1000iron 2500Dollars. Does 30 damage to ground. Can't hit moving targets. Oh and you only get to use it once. WOW huge priority its to nerf this horribly overpowered unit.....sarcasm? Oh wait lets make it harder, build a lvl 2 airport your never going to use if its not on coast. oh wait. It takes ZERO fuel to build but its gonna need fuel to maintain it. I see ZERO justification for this ZERO. Someone dropped one on your head and hurt your feeling... maybe spread out your forces. just a thought. Or managers here would probably tell you just dont build units or buildings so they can't bomb them... sound strategy for sure.