Warfare Modifications

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Warfare Modifications

Dear Generals,

finally! After 3 weeks of testing we release the newest balancing changes to our players. Together with our brave frontline pioneers we thoroughly reviewed the changes, tried different strategies and used units some of us have never spotted on the battlefield before. We gathered feedback via forum, chat and survey and decided to make some additional changes:

Nuclear Submarine:
      - Changed armor class from naval to submarine (Bugfix)

Rockets:
      - Lv2-4: Increased build requirements from airbase level 1 to airbase level 2
      - Added upkeep of 100 oil for all levels

Nuclear Bomber:
      - Added upkeep of 100 grain and 200 oil for all levels

Nuclear Rocket:
      - Added upkeep of 200 oil

Armored Car
      - Lowered day of availability of research
      Lv2: 12->8 | Lv3: 24->16 | Lv4: 36->24 | Lv5: 40->32

Submarine
      - Decreased anti air damage
      Lv1: 0.83->0.5 | Lv2: 1.5->0.75 | Lv3: 2->1 | Lv4: 3.13->1.25 | Lv5: 3.75->1.5 | Lv6: 4.38->1.75 | Lv7: 5->2
      - Increased submarine offensive damage
      Lv2: 1->1.25 | Lv3: 1->1.5 | Lv4: 1->1.75 | Lv6: 2->2.25
      - Increased submarine defensive damage
      Lv2: 1->1.25 | Lv3: 1->1.5 | Lv4: 1.25->2.19 | Lv6: 2.5->2.81

You can check out the rest of the changes in the news from April 21, 2017. Feel free to share your experience with the balancing changes in the forum. We are looking forward to it!

While planning the next move with the latest changes in mind, you will additionally have the chance to collect more achievements to increase your reputation within the community. For example:

War Hero
      Win 2 rounds of the ‘Historic World War 1939’ map.

Rocket Scientist
      Build 25 Rocket Fighters.

To check out the rest of the achievements simply click on the star below your profile.
      We also fixed some minor bugs, like making the whisper chat closeable again and several corrections on different maps.

We hope you like the changes and are looking forward to your feedback in the forum!
      Your Call of War Team
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • This has to be the most debilitating update I have ever seen. It has literally ruined my current build strategy. Upkeep and higher level airports for rockets and nukes is such a massive handycap and will probably lead to the end of my playing the game. HORRIBLE idea. It also makes no sense we pay to build them. You don't have to keep using fuel to refuel a one time use rocket. Hope you reconsider this unbelievably horrible idea.
    • Rockets are already horribly underpowered. Very expensive to build early on. Now it takes research and a higher airport. High cost of the most expensive res in the game... NOW its got upkeep... on a solid fuel rocket... Maybe they should have just removed them...(basically they have) I use them in place of planes. Run mainly tank builds... So now I cannot do that. To much fuel will be used. I am so disappointed. Spaming is only necessary because they are so underpowered.
    • Aceswild wrote:

This has to be the most debilitating update I have ever seen. It has literally ruined my current build strategy. Upkeep and higher level airports for rockets and nukes is such a massive handycap and will probably lead to the end of my playing the game. HORRIBLE idea. It also makes no sense we pay to build them. You don't have to keep using fuel to refuel a one time use rocket. Hope you reconsider this unbelievably horrible idea.

roger.olsson wrote:

you ruin my games..
      from I have a balance oil production +600 to -517
      now i can't do much to repair my oil production
      you can't make a change i a middle of a game
      start the change in new games
      too bad, Rockets have been a unit which you could spam in THOUSANDS and not care about upkeep, and keep in mind that 10 rockets could screw up any enemy city.......

the nerf was needed
      This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017
    • Couldn't disagree anymore King... Thousands... with 500 of the most expensive hardest to get res... What a ridiculous overstatement. 10 rockets dont do nearly what you think they do. Damage one building. Take out, maybe, if your really lucky 7 units usually more like damage them destroy a few.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aceswild ().

• I'm concerned about the submarine becoming overpowered. We use destroyers to protect against submarines but now the subs will be stronger than destroyers. What's the point of having a navy then? Just spam subs. I actually like to have destroyers, cruisers and battleships but now everyone knows spamming subs is going to be the only reliable naval strategy. How dull.
    • Well I joined forum just because of this issue. Obviously its not going to do any good so I will do the only thing I can in protest. Quit, take my future purchases for something else. I was paying but I will no longer pay or play.

The really fun part is you almost had to use gold to unveil armys to use the rockets... How dumb no use to do that if there is no tactical strikes... Oh well ... think its the stupidest update ever. Ruined my over month old games. Have fuel economy I can not rebound from. Ruined the whole game for me.

So in parting Good bye and what a stupid move.

• Aceswild wrote:

Couldn't disagree anymore King... Thousands... with 500 of the most expensive hardest to get res... What a ridiculous overstatement. 10 rockets dont do nearly what you think they do. Damage one building. Take out, maybe, if your really lucky 7 units usually more like damage them destroy a few.
      i saw people who made literally Thousands of rockets, its because rockets had no upkeep, which is kinda stupid... and RM? hard to get? maybe for you, but i never have shortages of RM, rare metals are so easy to harvest after like day 20+, they quickly pile up into 100.000.

the new upgrade just forces people to watch build their rockets with a damn caution.
      This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017
    • King Draza Mihajlovic wrote:

Aceswild wrote:

Couldn't disagree anymore King... Thousands... with 500 of the most expensive hardest to get res... What a ridiculous overstatement. 10 rockets dont do nearly what you think they do. Damage one building. Take out, maybe, if your really lucky 7 units usually more like damage them destroy a few.
      i saw people who made literally Thousands of rockets, its because rockets had no upkeep, which is kinda stupid... and RM? hard to get? maybe for you, but i never have shortages of RM, rare metals are so easy to harvest after like day 20+, they quickly pile up into 100.000.

the new upgrade just forces people to watch build their rockets with a damn caution.

Again math is not on your side my friend.... 100,000 RM = 200 rockets..... hundreds, maybe, thousands no way. No one anywhere has "thousands" of rockets its just BS.
    • Dixie wrote:

did you try the forum link i posted? seemed like a competitive game...
      Again, a 200 day old game, 300 industrial complexes, Using 90% of res production to build them(and that's if he never shot one). Then they are all in same province. Not Competitive! Who in the world would put all that in one place? 1 nuke and 2/3 of a years work is gone....Proving me "wrong" proves how impossible it really is.

• I realize that rockets may be able to be mass-produced in the late game and that they may be overpowered in many manners, but implementing such a high upkeep, and interrupting people mid-game, is just absurd. Even an upkeep of 50 would be enough to cripple many rocket heavy economies as rocket spammers rely on quantity over quality, in some games pumping out rockets by the hundreds. However, the heavy upkeep wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't implemented for people who are already participating in a game. When people join a game, they prepare their nations and strategies based off the rule set in place during the game's start, and should have the assurance that such a massive change as this won't ruin them mid game. Bytro Labs should remove the upkeep for pre-update games and compensate for this nonsense in the form of gold for at least those affected.