Wot Or WT?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Which Game Do You Prefer? 20
        War Thunder (8) 40%
        I haven't played but I think I would like WT (1) 5%
        World of Tanks (9) 45%
        I haven't played but I think I would like WoT (0) 0%
        I haven't played either and do not know (2) 10%
      Here is the first major thing about them: researching new vehicles.

In WT(War Thunder), the first German bomber, the Do-17 E-1, it costs 4k RP(research points). I was able to achieve this in about 4 matches at around 1k RP per battle with no boosters(in WT you can get RP and money boosters from 10% to 500%). That took me around an hour to do, the battles being around 15 minutes long. I had great fun doing it as I had three types of He-51's and a CR-42 with very flammable rounds.

As for WoT, when I wanted to get off the first tier 1 vehicle, it took me multiple days for three reasons:
      1. Loads of noobs were shooting at friendlies.
      2. To advance onto a new vehicle, first you must research 1(or more) mods(modules) for the tank. These were hard to research since I got very little RP from battles from either wolf packs or blue on blue(friendly fire). Once I got the first one, I could barely afford it as money was very hard to get too.

Conclusion: It is easier to get new units in WT than WoT.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• I play world of tanks for a year now.
      I like it, a lot.

Getting form a lvl 1 to a lvl 2 tank takes only 4-5 games (15 min max, usually only half that).
      Every next level will take about twice as much, on average. Less if you're really good (or willing to spend money).
      So 10 games to lvl 2, 20 to lvl 3, 40 to lvl 4 etc.

Players at higher levels play way different from the newbies at the lower levels. But Im sure thats true for both games.

You cant really tell games like these from trying for a day or two.
      They are easy to play, but hard to master.
      What if I'm indoctrinated and actually fighting the good guys?
    • BlackPrince2 wrote:

You cant really tell games like these from trying for a day or two.
      I have played each game for about a year now. I only managed to get to tier 4 or 5 in WoT, mainly the LT and SPA. I was progressing in all branches but I wasn't doing that well or enjoying myself.

On the other hand, for WT, I have two accounts. In one(my big one) I am on tiers 2-3 for planes of all countries(5) and tier 2 for tanks on all countries(3). I think that sums up to about 50 vehicles or more. As for the other account, I am halfway through tier 1 on both tanks and planes for Germany, with about 15 vehicles in total. Nearly tier two for tanks and I could be on 2 for planes if I wanted.

• i played both games WoT for a few months and WT for 30 min.
      i prefer playing a WW2 FPS that is not WaW or CoD or in the generals seat RTS games like R.U.S.E, its fun at first but i prefer FPS and RTS then FPS as a tank or any other vehicle that is not bi-pedal
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • I have been playing WoT for a long time and enjoy the game. I have several tier 10's and countless lower tiers. Play time has dropped dramatically lately as I try other things. However I am playing the beta of WoWS right now and liking its potential. I haven't tried WT yet so no comment.I may give WT a try at some point but to me it sounds like WOT/WOWS/WOWP combined, different but also similar.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche
    • Armatus wrote:

it sounds like WOT/WOWS/WOWP combined, different but also similar.
      It is, just better. Anyone who has played WOWP and WT says WOWP is awful(I think that is just generally accepted) while WT is great. WT has three different types of games: Arcade, Realistic and Simulator. In arcade, everything is done for you(more or less) and it just focuses on pointing and shooting. The main thing is that in arcade, you have a hit marker that shows if the shell penetrates and predicts shell drop, stuff accelerates quicker and skids more and you can only respawn once per vehicle(only three times for tanks). This game mode is specific for tanks only or planes only.

For realistic, the hit marker is just that, a normal hit marker. It does nothing for you. Stuff accelerates normally(I think) and stuff skids way less. You can still only respawn once per vehicle but you can use every vehicle you have(in your squad, anyway) as long as you get enough points for killing, taking hits and surviving in general. Flying targets are not lead and maps are much bigger. If a plane runs out of ammo, it has to go back to it's strip to land, reload and take off. Planes can now only spawn on strips(rather than in the air or on a strip). In this game mode, tanks and planes play together.

For simulator, everything is normal. Tanks rarely skid and can get bogged down in mud(in some maps, anyway). Tanks now go faster on roads rather than offroad. Tanks are no longer displayed as friendly, you have to find out yourself(they are divided into teams of Axis(Germany) and Allies(Soviet and America). If you accidentally(or purposely) kill a friendly vehicle you are immediately kicked from that round. Once you pick a vehicle to play in, you can use this vehicle twice(more if you have backups I think) and only this vehicle. You are pitted against realistic enemy's rather than a Bt-5(if you decide to take it into a tier 3 battle) versus a Tiger.

I think I got the biggest things. Realistic and sim battles give more RP and money than arcade.

• Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Armatus wrote:

it sounds like WOT/WOWS/WOWP combined, different but also similar.
      Anyone who has played WOWP and WT says WOWP is awful(I think that is just generally accepted) while WT is great.
      This is already disproven lol, not everyone thinks the world of WT.

WoWP was good in alpha, they just ruined it.
      WoWS still has the potential for them to ruin it but at its current state is good.
      WoT is exactly what it was designed to be, arcade action....it doesnt even try for the realism factor (as proven by anyone who has seen the xbox version). Been there, done that.

WT prefers the more "realistic" approach to things but their customer service is even worse than wargaming.

Everyone will have their favourites just like PS vs XBox, it'll just be something folks never truly agree on.
    • Its hard to decide due to the fact that I like both. Each one is unique, world of tanks is arcadey with Hp and balancing tanks to their tier and silly weak spots. But War Thunder (ground forces) is realistic with you needing to get the "perfect shot" just like real life and tanks are not changed from blueprints so its abit unfair at times, there's tanks you cannot defeat at all, such as the KV-1 in the early game. When you first see a KV-1 you fill your undies and its armour is invincible and so you run, but slowly as you getting better tanks you can start to damage it then get your first kill on it, then your a match to it and then finally when your in a tiger tank and you see a KV-1 you go awww how cute and then 1 shot it. Then you see an IS-2 and fill your undies again, and so the process repeats

Forum Gang Divine Entity :00000156:

Taking over the Forum 1 post at a time.
    • Lol, yes that is what tank development does. The KV-1 can be killed though. I was flanking on a ridge because about 7 of my guys were swamping a KV-1 when one guy in a Pz. III went behind it and one shot it up the tuckus.