Do something about the ... end of the game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do something about the ... end of the game

Please prioritize the issue with coalitions. It does not happen every time to have players even for months without ending the game!
      Set a map boundary for people who are going to be in a coalition.
      And put the game to 99% conquer the coalition!

For starters until you end up, end the game to 99% Conquer of the coalition

The post was edited 3 times, last by OMalakas ().

• End of game is easy. When it is down to three players, a retire option will appear in the newspaper. Coalitions are not anything more than an advertised alliance, with some perks like the coalition chat. Regardless, when it gets down to three, it can end. It has been that way since I started playing in December of 2015.
    • BRDubbs wrote:

End of game is easy. When it is down to three players, a retire option will appear in the newspaper. Coalitions are not anything more than an advertised alliance, with some perks like the coalition chat. Regardless, when it gets down to three, it can end. It has been that way since I started playing in December of 2015.
      Yes, BRD, most of us who have been playing the game for awhile are aware of the 3-surviving-players game retirement rule. I would have replied to the OP several days ago, but his post above was so scrambled I couldn't really understand his point.

Anyway, the real problem is not 3-member alliances for which there is already a solution. The real problem is how to resolve the end game for 4 and 5-member alliances on the larger 50 and 100-player maps. We were told last summer by one of the moderators that this had been forwarded to the developers for further action, but no-one with any authority has said anything about it since.

Logically, the automatic win and/or game retirement option should be tied to the number of playable countries on any given map. A 5-member alliance gaining the automatic win (and continuing to have a 3-surviving-players game retirement option) on a 100-player world map is entirely appropriate; having a 3-player alliance gaining the automatic win on some of the smaller maps is arguably too much. Whatever is done, however, the games must remain competitive, and no alliance or coalition of 7, 8, 10, 20 players should have an overwhelming advantage based on nothing more than the size of that alliance relative to the map size.
    • I agree that only three players finishing a 100p map together is a bit much. Developers and Community Managers all know about this, and the best I can tell you is we have not allowed them to forget :)

It seems to be an idea they are still working on, with:
      • What numbers coalitions should be limited to on which maps
      • How many players should be able to retire on which maps
      • Whether or not coalitions should share Victory points
      A lot (a majority, to say the least) of the community supports and requests these changes. Bytro is simply still working on how to make it all happen.
      Free Time looks good on me