Resource Production

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Resource Production

I really do not like how if I have no gold I am stuck not being able to make anything. I have one of the largest economies, but I can't make a single unit. Why, you ask...because I have negative wheat and negative oil production. Even before they were negative I tried to update all infrastructure where ever there were food bonuses and Oil bonuses yet I could never keep from needing to buy oil with gold. Now, I have no gold and I have a small army, but I can't build anymore units. I would purchase them from the market, but there is none on the market either. Please, Help.

I am wondering if we could do something like make a new building like an oil refinery where there is an oil bonus. Also, there could be farms to build where there is food production. I think that would be a great idea. I will post a new post subject heading suggesting these buildings as a new addition.
    • Disable your barracks and naval bases, also important the damaged levels 2 and 3.
      Open the province list on the right side of the screen, and click on the respective icon to deactivate the building. Damaged levels 2 and 3 can only be disabled here, not in the province itself.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • PS
      If low morale is present in production provinces, then you can raise them by building fortifications.
      More province morale = more income at ressources and money.
      To read this and more about buildings, click the "i"nfo symbol in the construction menu, or the according icon in the open menu of the respective province.

• Restrisiko wrote:

PS
      If low morale is present in production provinces, then you can raise them by building fortifications.
      More province morale = more income at ressources and money.
      To read this and more about buildings, click the "i"nfo symbol in the construction menu, or the according icon in the open menu of the respective province.
      Thanks, I didn't know the morale had anything to do with that.
    • Gilman420 wrote:

That only helps a little bit. I already had most the barracks disabled. I guess I will see when it refreshes if disabling the nazy yards helped at all.
      Damaged level 2 and 3 barracks and Naval Bases consume food or oil, even if it's not displayed in the respective province, and if you're conquering a lot it is important to check them from time to time.
      With a mouseover in the resource bar, you can read the rate of consumption and see if any buildings are still switched on.

Have you rockets or nuclear wappons? You know that they need a daily upkeep now...!?
      Click here to see > forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/14441-warfare-modifications <

• Moral has a huge effect. If there is a small country nearby you can invade and sack his capital, it will add 10% moral to all provinces, which will provide a huge boost to resource production. Beware the additional -5% during the war though. Each war your involved in adds an additional -5% to moral, which impacts resources.
    • Maybe you're playing the 25p map, its resource balancing is horrible. I quit playing it for that reason, even though I like the idea of it very much.

Otherwise I guess you're playing a 100p map. Yeah both oil and food are very tight on that one in the longer games. But you should realize that a "small army" is very relative. You need a REALLY small army on that map, or you'll just run out. Since you don't want to compromize your prime fronts, you should keep defenses in quiet areas as light as possible. Defend in depth, not static. Areas like Asia are SO big that you can consider building defenses AFTER you are attacked. AT guns are your weapon of choice in this scenario. Then get your air force in the threatend sector on the double, its very mobile if your air base network is ok, and they will give you the punch that you need to repel a small or medium-sized attacker.

As an example, I´m playing a game as Papua. I´ve allied to Australia and conquered most of Asia; now the fighting is with Africa and some skirmishes in the Pacific. If I´m not counting Arabia (resupply base for current African war), I have maybe 10 land units in the WHOLE of Asia, 10 more in my core and the Pacific,all the others are on the prime front.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.