(Another) WW2 RP! (hear me out)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• (Another) WW2 RP! (hear me out)

10 player map, Or 22 player? 17
        22 Player (9) 53%
        10 Player (8) 47%
      Imagine if Hitler died in World War 1. The world would be very different, or at least history would be. This RP is World War 2 as it would be if Hitler was never born. Thus, Germany did not use the blitzkrieg , but still invaded Poland, Austria and Czechoslovakia. So war was Declared on Germany by the allies. Then, Germany once again, invaded the Netherlands. However, the U.K. was Ready, and put troops in Belgium and halted the German advance. With no more options Germany simply took the same option they did in World War 1, and fortified the border, which kept the U.K. from advancing into Germany. So both sides fortified just like in World War 1. Since chemical weapons were made illegal, the Germans use a new form of weaponry as conventionally as chemical weapons were used in the first World War. Nuclear Weapons.

That is the basic idea for this RP. We fortify the border of Germany And France try and push forward just like in World War 1, but then get pushed back with help from our allies. I'm quite curious to see how nukes will play into the final victor.

So Teams.
      I know set teams don't really work out well so this is all i will require:
      Allies: Great Britain, France
      Axis: Germany
      Everyone else will have to chose. Yes it would be nice to have say, Italy as an Axis but oh well. Chose.
      I also want you guys to vote on a 10 player map or a 22 player. 22 player would be interesting, as we can write the Russian Revolution and things about the American civil war. The disadvantage to that will be that, once those countries form, I.E. take all the traditionally Russian/ U.S. land, they will have to pick a side, and will then possibly decide the outcome of the war. (also Sweden being axis and Norway being an ally etc, would be interesting as well.)

Rules:
      1. This is an RP. So act like it. Everyone post in the paper!
      2. Not every country has to do the Germany vs. France/ GB thing. You can do your own thing if you wish. Like declare war on say, Egypt if you're Algeria because he was in your airspace, or your waters.
      3. Airspace is well. Directly over your country. You must ask permission in the Paper.
      4. National Waters are the bits of sea, near your coast that are illuminated. You must also ask permission.
      5. You may switch sides, unless you're Germany, GB or France, but you may NOT attack people on your team.
      6. And this can change, 5-10 day peace period. This does not extend to A.I. you may vote for no peace, or more peace.
      Why a peace period? Well you need time to make your cities and armies. Its no fun to throw the starting armies at each other.
      7. Have Fun!
      If you have any other suggestions please tell me below, and also pick your nation as usual!
      In a sane society,
      Wealth and possession will not be seen as an asset.
    • lasthope556 wrote:

Imagine if Hitler died in World War 1
      Very easily done, a Brit soldier nearly executed him on a roadside but let him run along.

Surely you should try another RP? I can't think of one but the RP community must be really sick of WWII RP, every RP has either been WWII or Cold War and as far as I know, fallen apart or soon will.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• I think the RP community in this game needs lots of fine tuning to be actually any point RPing at all. There are too many people breaking character and raging in the WH as soon as they start to lose. Now I'm not calling myself an RP guy but I think the RP community is incredibly amateur, for instance in the RP I'm in some people post incredibly vague posts like "My army is fighting X" or "X is a traitor because I'm losing the game, everyone dog-pile on X"

I also find that the people engaged in RP also are extremely fair-weathered and an't cope with not being able to obey their blood lust meaning they simply end up either quitting or breaking character and invading everyone before being smacked down and as I mentioned above raging in the WH.

Also teams might be incredibly hard to manage because more often than not set-team RPs always end the fastest.
      British=best. Duh!

• You know, not all RPers are bad. I got in with a top class group who were the pro RPers back when it was a very big community in S1914. I bet if they saw the RPs going on in here, they would weep for us all.

• comrade dave wrote:

They would probably scuttle back under their safe S1914 rock
      How dare you! :) I consider them my pals. I had many a good hour talking to them on Skype.

You see, they are elites, as such. They do accept non-RPers who want to learn but they must present a sample article and if that is good enough, they have to have Skype too and a clean nose(if you know what I mean). I could ask them about it but I haven't really talked to them lately 'cause of a reason I will PM you if you want to know.

• comrade dave wrote:

I think the RP community in this game needs lots of fine tuning to be actually any point RPing at all. There are too many people breaking character and raging in the WH as soon as they start to lose. Now I'm not calling myself an RP guy but I think the RP community is incredibly amateur, for instance in the RP I'm in some people post incredibly vague posts like "My army is fighting X" or "X is a traitor because I'm losing the game, everyone dog-pile on X"

I also find that the people engaged in RP also are extremely fair-weathered and an't cope with not being able to obey their blood lust meaning they simply end up either quitting or breaking character and invading everyone before being smacked down and as I mentioned above raging in the WH.
      I actually used to RP a fair amount in S1914, and so did Romanian devil. My point in posting this to the forum is to get good RPers in this, instead of the aforementioned ragers. Also if you see problems in this RP please suggest solutions instead of just criticism. :)
      In a sane society,
      Wealth and possession will not be seen as an asset.
    • lasthope556 wrote:

I actually used to RP a fair amount in S1914, and so did Romanian devil. My point in posting this to the forum is to get good RPers in this, instead of the aforementioned ragers. Also if you see problems in this RP please suggest solutions instead of just criticism.
      I wish you luck so.

• ah yes the german army's shall crush the french and the british. But on another note I hope we have some good RP, the other RP im in has kinda gone downhill since i crushed a few players and many rage quits

Forum Gang Divine Entity :00000156:

Taking over the Forum 1 post at a time.