massive graphical glitches

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Almost exact same issue as Empire557 - my screen has looked similar. This is happening on multiple devices, not just the one I am posting from. (both my tablet & my son's tablet). I somewhat figured everyone was having this issue, b/c both his friends that play have the same concern...since the last update. We've just dealt with it...

Per the above post; Checked for update on Chrome & it says it's up to date. Attempted to run CoW from I.E., and it does some similar glitching, as well as difficulties in running the program itself (i.e. moving the map around, selecting units, requesting cities to preform production/unit creation, etc.).

Feels like this started happening after the latest update a week or so ago...it loads fine, after I zoom in, the map 'copies over itself', the sea turns from blue to grey, and you can see the outline of the previous map copied over the 'zoomed-in' section. If i zoom all the way in, you can play the game (in Chrome only...I.E. is so frustrating with lack of consistency of actions)...the game was completely stable prior to last update, and in the last 2 weeks the only thing i have used this laptop for was playing CoW. I use a separate CPU for all my work/emails/etc.
      Images
      • CoW Glitch 52017.jpg

212.43 kB, 1,344×1,079, viewed 45 times
    • Good morning, did you use active plug-ins in your browser?
      - if yes, can you disable this this function and test again?

Do you use anti-virus-scanner? - if they active scanning? - all time?

Do you have other programs running on ALL your systems? (Team speak, Team viewer, VPN...)

I play this game on Linux, Windows, IOS and Android on many different systems - I never have this kind of display errors.

It will be great for us from the support team, if you can give us a feedback, if you find the failure.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • Thank you for the reply, Xarus, I will reply below each of your questions:

Good morning, did you use active plug-ins in your browser?

Typically, CoW is the only Website running (the screenshot above does show multiple tabs, that was to allow for posting to the above post; it does not represent what is 'running' when I had been playing the game), Nothing had changed on my CPU, nor the Tablet; I purposefully keep all updates to 'allow me to make changes' - to which I made no changes in the foreseeable recent past; additionally, this is happening to multiple other active players; i assumed this was happening across the board, as it's so prevalent. The game is playable, just mildly annoying with the glitches. This is the only game I play, currently...however, the others I play with say they have no issues with their other web-based games, only this particular graphics glitch, on this - CoW game.

- if yes, can you disable this this function and test again?

I will disable items from the browser and try again...I will let you know. Again, even if I were to disable them, those programs NEVER effected the game in the past; the picture happened after the latest update; and to multiple platforms & multiple people. Identical to your last statement in the above post, I NEVER had this kind of display error, until I had them after the latest update.

Do you use anti-virus-scanner? - if they active scanning? - all time?

No Sir, I do not use an active scanner; I run it myself.

Do you have other programs running on ALL your systems? (Team speak, Team viewer, VPN...)

No Sir, none of those types of programs. Nothing changed to my knowledge, outside of the update CoW put forth. I never had that kind of display error prior to the update, either. I had played the game for sometime, through several updates prior to this occurrence.

I play this game on Linux, Windows, IOS and Android on many different systems - I never have this kind of display errors.

I, too, had never had this kind of display errors, until it happened after the latest CoW update. Thank you for your continued support, it is difficult to consider putting financing forth until the error is fixed.
    • Hello, I forwarded your report.

So you confirmed it on multiple devices, and it is also happening on your windows PC with the latest Chrome version? And besides that no weird graphical glitches or color changes on your system?

Do other complex websites and browser games run fine without any issues?
    • Sadly we cannot reproduce this issue. We need more informations about the systems where this graphics glitch appear. Can you guys please send me a PM and list your devices and versions that are affected? That means everything that is listed in your system settings (system version, CPU, graphics card version, RAM) and also the exact browser version. And the info if all other websites and browsergames are displayed correctly.

Otherwise we have to postpone it until more reports.