Need Help!!! Starving for Food

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Need Help!!! Starving for Food

I have enjoying this game until Day 38 where i have -259 Food an Hour because i have 69 troops and my Food provinces are not good. I tried everything such as putting max Level 3 Infastructure on all Food Provinces, Fighting for food in the trade markets but rarely people buy as its very expensive, Putting my capital in the middle for better morale.

What should i do next because i only have 1550 Food left i am in desperate need can call of war fix this food and Oil issue
    • 1. If you haven't done so already, de-activate all of your barracks. Level 1 barracks consume 200 tons of food per day, L2 barracks consume 700 tons, and L3s consume 1200 tons.

2. Stop producing infantry until you get your food situation back in balance -- infantry regiments consume 90 tons of food per day. For that matter stop producing all units until you get your food production and consumption back in balance.

3. Check the morale of your two or three core food production provinces -- are they at 100% morale? If not, check the morale influences (see the "i" button next to province morale in the province information box?), and add an appropriate level of fortifications to get them to 100% morale. Each level of fortification adds 5% to the level of province morale, up to 25% for L5 fortifications.

4. If you're at war with more than one country, request a restoration of peace with all of them. You do this by toggling the war icon (red crossed swords) to the peace icon (cream and white dove) on the diplomatic relations big board. Each country with which you are at war causes a 5% drop the morale of your provinces -- and that results in a 5% drop in resource production in each of the affected provinces. It may take 24 to 72 hours for AI countries to respond, and you have to stop attacking them.

5. After you do those things, review this guide to resource production:

> > > > What is the best way to increase production of resources? < < < <

You can ignore most of the thread after the initial numbered bullet points.

6. Ping me back with any questions you may have. Cheers.
    • I have read your guide to resource production and its really good :) . I don't build many barracks as i try not to use Food and yes i have turned all 16 barracks of and still -259. I am playing as Finland as that country HAVE ONLY 2 single Food provinces which sucks. Should i start putting Infantry Units on Suicide Missions or is there another way to fix this issue
    • GTER6 wrote:

I have read your guide to resource production and its really good :) . I don't build many barracks as i try not to use Food and yes i have turned all 16 barracks of and still -259. I am playing as Finland as that country HAVE ONLY 2 single Food provinces which sucks. Should i start putting Infantry Units on Suicide Missions or is there another way to fix this issue
      I got a question, how didn't you capture any food provinces those 38 days?
      This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017
    • GTER6 wrote:

I have read your guide to resource production and its really good :) . I don't build many barracks as i try not to use Food and yes i have turned all 16 barracks of and still -259. I am playing as Finland as that country HAVE ONLY 2 single Food provinces which sucks. Should i start putting Infantry Units on Suicide Missions or is there another way to fix this issue
      Personally, I don't like to run negative on food or any resource except for very short periods. If you are chronically negative on food, that is a sign that you have too many INFANTRY type units. You can buy food to cover that but your money may be better used on other things. You can upgrade core food provinces industrial complexes and infrastructure to maximum. Then upgrade non-core food provinces buildings. Raising morale in food provinces increases food supply too. That is slow because it takes time. If there is a damaged fortification in a food province, repairing it will boost morale.
      if I'm running negative on a resource, that is a red flag to me, then I need to do something to get it back in the black.
    • GTER6 wrote:

I have enjoying this game until Day 38 where i have -259 Food an Hour because i have 69 troops and my Food provinces are not good. I tried everything such as putting max Level 3 Infastructure on all Food Provinces, Fighting for food in the trade markets but rarely people buy as its very expensive, Putting my capital in the middle for better morale.

What should i do next because i only have 1550 Food left i am in desperate need can call of war fix this food and Oil issue
      Also build up to Lv5 industrial complexes in core food provinces. Also build to lv 5 industrial complexes in non-core food provinces. It isn't good to rely on the market for food. Sometimes there is no food to be had for days except for gold. Sometimes any food for sale on market disappears quickly. After a food province has lv5 industrial complex and lv3 infrastructure check the morale. Add fortifications in food provinces with lower morale. That will raise food production.