First loading of game after completion gives wrong info

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• First loading of game after completion gives wrong info

So I have completed a couple games now, and I have noticed a pattern. The First and only the first time that I load that game after the day change I get the wrong popup message. One game I got first place, and the correct popup message is "Congratulations you have reached first place," BUT on that first loading it said "Defeat: Chancellor Franz von Papen has won this round" I had eliminated the good chancellor quite some time ago, and he had no provinces or points, so that was an odd choice.

In another game I got second place, yet again that first loading after the game completed the popup read "defeat, Chancellor XYZ won this round", and in that case Chancellor XYZ had a couple of provinces left.

Now in both cases I received the gold that I was due for winning, and upon closing that window and reopening I would get the correct message. So this isn't really a serious bug. I am not really complaining, It is more of a puzzle. I guess I am just wondering if this has happened to anybody else?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

"Defeat: Chancellor Franz von Papen has won this round" I had eliminated the good chancellor quite some time ago, and he had no provinces or points, so that was an odd choice. . . . In another game I got second place, yet again that first loading after the game completed the popup read "defeat, Chancellor XYZ won this round", and in that case Chancellor XYZ had a couple of provinces left.

Now in both cases I received the gold that I was due for winning, and upon closing that window and reopening I would get the correct message. So this isn't really a serious bug. I am not really complaining, It is more of a puzzle. I guess I am just wondering if this has happened to anybody else?
      Die Software is taunting you. It is German; it does that.
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

First loading of game after completion gives wrong info.
      Yes, I know what you mean, had the same 2 weeks ago.

The error is probably interrelated with the placement on the left side in the Newspaper, which is now displayed reversed...
      Didn't make a photo of the wrong popup, I was too surprised, but in a few days I'll finish another map and make a snapshot if it happens again ...

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 6 times, last by Restrisiko: ...struggled with spoiler and line spacing. ().

• MontanaBB wrote:

Die Software is taunting you. It is German; it does that.

That explains so much. :thumbsup:

It is odd because I can load the game 10 times after that and get the correct information, so it seems to only happen on the first loading.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Restrisiko wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

First loading of game after completion gives wrong info.
      Yes, I know what you mean, had the same 2 weeks ago.

Didn't make a photo of the wrong popup, I was too surprised, but in a few days I'll finish another map and make a snapshot if it happens again ...
      Hah, happened again... :00008359:
      The final day >>

Later then at the first log in after day change in turn the old Chancellor von Papen was displayed as victor >>

The next and each further login shows correctly... >>

...the result.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().