Paratroopers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Paratroopers

Hi, I'm well aware of this discussion, but I will plan to provide enough data to support the idea, Everyone please be civil and clean. Since WW1, Paratroopers have been a powerful instrument in war. This was proven over the skies of france in 1944. Now, I have seen Butter Bill's comments, and Bill, you have only done minor research on every nationand done none on the the Americans, the side which happened to master the art of partrooping. And I happen to live only a few miles from Fort Campbell, the home of the legendary 101st Airborne Division. The 101st and 82nd Airborne units dropped into france on June 5th, the night before D-Day, they dropped by the thousands. Tho scattered, and under equipped, they took vital regions, bridges, and small villages. These troops were well trained, so they new how to use their weapons and enemy weapons effectively. They memorized the regions of france in which they were dropping, and they all had maps(that did NOT have any military information). Their rifles were clipped to their harness so they wouldn't lose it and could grab them with ease plus they had their pistols. They took out powerful gun positions and disrupted many german units. Then, they were stronger than average infantry, they defended well at the Battle of Bastogne. the 509th Infantry regiment of the 101st Screaming Eagles Airborne, had dropped in on D Day and six months later, held Bastogne in the freezing winter against the all the might of the german Army, they defended so well, that the German Army eventually just went around the city, and the paratroopers still defended it, from constant attack, and were their for days before Patton's armor finally rescued them. They are stronger, faster, and around better than average infantry. so obviously, they would be very high up in the research chain. Either this unit should be added, or give this effect to Commandos.
  • This topic is mentioned many times throughout the forum. I like the idea, it is certainly something to consider. It would probably be kinda difficult for the developers. They would have make paratroopers + planes to carry them. Would they be considered a secret tech? Would they be be loaded onto planes? If so that it something not yet done on this game. That would be like loading troops into a ship.
  • Well, the planes would come from the bombers, tactical bombers actually, you would need level 1 tctical bombers, level two infantry, and then research paratroopers. unless, this feature was applied to the commandos secret research, in which case, i would just prefer it that you researched level "2" commandos
  • I vote for giving this to Commandos. I am a strong supporter of paratroopers, and I am very upset with the mediocre role Commandos play in this game. The role they have is nothing compared to what they did in real life, so I think turing them giving them the ability to parachute into enemy territory would be great.
    The past is a foreign country.
  • Sweet Jesus, another para thread?

You assumed that I have done no research on American para, I have. That reply I usually copy and paste is months old and I wrote it while I was still half way through the book.

You neglected the fact that whenever the American para stuck their heads in one the European front, they took a shed load of casualties. I suppose you don't know about or(more likely) didn't bother mentioning American para in the Pacific. They were awful and they Japanese killed many with great ease when they blew stuff up.

In fact, one invasion would've been lost if the real Captain America hadn't been there. Somehow(and this has nothing to do with his training) he took about 20 bullets and still managed to fight, albeit crippled and basically camping with a MG. If he hadn't been there, the invasion would've gone down the drain. It is worth mentioning that everyone else in his squad was either dead or injured.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!