OMG, Genius solution to a problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OMG, Genius solution to a problem

This was actually fully described in another thread, apparently, but for some reason was closed to new comments.

So, I've given the link here:

The One True Change That Must Happen

After reading up on the situation, please comment below as this seems to be an important issue. Had I known what that guy is talking about, with S.B.D.E. stuff, I'd probably know how to do better in these games.

Also, that same guy seems to have made a cool idea on how to fix that in a different thread here:

SBDE -- New Feature

Trust me, this was like totally awesome. It's like over my head but the way he tells it, I think he might be some kind of genius. I sorta got it, though, so maybe I'm smarter than I look!

ha ha, lols
    • Razzuria wrote:

Genius solution to a problem
      Solution for which problem?
      The main problem is, that most players just not know what kind of game they play, and that leads to any problems - for this players...

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • The overlapping patrol aspect does not work against a stack of anti air.

Ideally your main battle group with which you are going to meet an advanced enemy will consist of about six of each of the following units: Tanks, anti tank, artillery, anti air, infantry. T
      the exact limits of state based damage efficiency are posted in this thread: (Many thanks to BRDubbs)

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…-based-damage-efficiency/

And then you need to understand how anti-air works. You can't tell anti-air to "attack" a plane. It simply returns damage to a plane or stack of planes each time the plane attacks the stack. So with 10 groups of planes your anti-air will do 10 times the damage per hour that it will with one stack of planes.

And then you need to factor in that bomber damage is "spread" over the entire stack that it is attacking, so the more units of the armor class in the stack the less damage each unit will take each round.

And when you are dealing with a bigger force do not underestimate the power of fortifications. I had a bigger force move on some territory that I was capturing one time. Operator very skillfully took out all my air while I was sleeping, and was hitting my front line stacks with artillery from a safe distance. I pulled back three provinces and built fortifications, and quickly produced anti air and force marched them to that fortification. My opponent advanced through the provinces that I had abandoned over the course of 24 hours, and I was very secure in my fort by the time he arrived. He threw every single unit he had at me, and I slaughtered them.

Do you want to know my secret?

It is this battle calculator written by Dxc. That let me analyze which stacks he was sending against me were worth throwing my own precious three bombers at, and which would crumble against my stack.

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…ttle-calculator/&pageNo=1

Play with this when you get in a tough spot, and see which units you could build that would counter the enemy.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<