Simple Fix/Addition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Simple Fix/Addition

Please oh Please just add a little box inside the Delay Box that allows you to type in the exact number of hours and minutes one wants to delay a unit's movement. The slider is so imprecise and difficult to control. Keep the slider, there's no need to dump it, but just add a text box alongside it.

Please oh please...pretty please with a cherry on top.

"Puh puh puh pleeease!"
      ~Roger Rabbit
    • DxC wrote:

That would be great. And if they could change the resolution of the slider that would be nice too. With my shaky hands it takes me forever to get within 10 minutes.
      Actually, it used to stretch across the box, but recently (i.e, maybe a couple months ago?), they shortened it and made the leap between "ticks" larger than before, so a single "notch" or pixel of the slider could be worth about 7 to 8 minutes apiece which is not precise at all when one wants their forces to arrive at a target, together.

For me, the mouse is even less precise, and I -- ironically -- have to start sliding with the mouse and then finishing with a second hand on the touch-pad of my laptop so that I can click without shakily-nudging the pointer the wrong way. The ironic part is that most mice are easier to control than touchpads, but it's the other way around for the delay box slider.

Speaking of imprecise pointers, does anyone remember the little nubby thing in the middle of older laptop keyboards? That was like a mouse pointer for insane people. I couldn't ever get the pointer to go where I wanted to go without over-shooting the target by about half the screen. ...Ah, memories...
    • DxC wrote:

darksoul111 wrote:

For now, just select multiple units at once going anywhere really. Click the delay button, and normally a time should already be shown. If you don't change it, this is the time at which every unit will arrive together.
      There are many situations where this basic scenario doesn't apply.
      So true...for example, the system will try to route around recently-captured provinces giving you bad times since you have to go in and forcibly route some of your forces. Also, the times tend to get mis-calculated, especially if the server link needs to be refreshed. And there are other possible issues that could cause this not to work.

A possible solution that I've suggested in the past would be instead of just having the delay box, one could group grab a unit and use a modified move command that will automatically make all units in the group arrive at the time that the slowest unit would arrive....thus automatically presetting the delays for each unit to the exact time needed.