Condition of Troops

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Condition of Troops

When do condition points change when a unit is at rest? How long do they have to be at rest to gain condition points? Is there an estimate of how many conditions points you get (like x points times the morale percentage of the province)? Does what kind of territory they are rest in make a difference (yours, alliance member, at peace, enemy)? Does it make a difference whether you are at rest in a the province city as opposed to somewhere outside a city?
    • The condition of damaged units will automatically be restored at the daily set rate of 15% of the then-current percentage damage. They do not have to be "at rest," but ground units must be present on your own territory for such "healing" to take place; their condition will not improve if they are present on either allied, right-of-way, or enemy territory. Aircraft units will recover in the air if they are flying between two of your own air bases or they are patrolling out of one of your own bases. Naval units will recover at the stated rate wherever they are. The condition will improve anywhere on your own territory, regardless of whether they are present in cities or any other terrain. The morale of the province does not matter, nor whether you are at peace or war; the 15% recovery rate is fixed.
    • Thanks for the useful info.
      Do you know what time of day that happens for Eastern Daylight Time?
      15% of 10 damage would be 1.5 points. Anything 90 condition or better would take a long time to improve.
      So 15% of 20 damage would be 3 points.
      15% of 30 damage would be 4.5 points.

Or does the condition of each unit increase by 15 (condition of 15 to 30 etc.)?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lawrence Czl ().

• You had it correct in your first example: 15% of the then-current damage is recovered each day, which means that the amount of recovery declines each day (assuming no further damage), as you noted.

The "healing" of units takes place at the same time as the daily update at 7:00 p.m. EDT (east coast U.S. time), which is 1:00 a.m. in Hamburg, or 12:00 midnight GMT.
    • Lawrence Czl wrote:

...15% of 10 damage would be 1.5 points. Anything 90 condition or better would take a long time to improve.
      Info:
      Decimal places in the healing sum are rounded up or down according to the random principle.
      That is why there is sometimes no cure when the unit's condition is 94% or higher - then you need some luck to continue curing.

Example at 90% Condition: Damage height 10 x 0.15 = 1.5 Healing sum, randomly rounded = 2 or 1.

Example at 94% Condition: Damage height 6 x 0.15 = 0.9 Healing sum, randomly rounded = 1 or 0.
      As of 94%, healing is either
      1 or 0.

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/13976-how-to-repair-units/&postID=115308

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Healing isn't very important due to upkeep. Taking back units from the front to safe areas they are useless othersie, buit they still consume upkeep. I only ever specifically heal units when they are under 20% and there's a choice shortly before day change to be on non-own or own country, and even then, only sparingly. Consider healing to be a bonus you sometimes get, not as something to strive for.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • It depends on the players situation. Yes, healing is a bonus. If I can save a unit and get some healing on it, then I don't have to spend the resources to replace it.
      Each player can only produce so many tanks at a time. So there are times where tanks in poor condition can be useful.
      In early tank stages, extra tanks can be quite useful. The opponent doesn't know whether he will encounter strong tanks or weak tanks. You can be in more places with tanks.
      Initially my opponent and I were producing tanks at about the same rate. He was losing more tanks than I was.
      Over time my tank advantage was telling. I've taken him from 22 core provinces for me: 22 for him to 11 for him so far. I've reduced his tank production. His resource production is in a sambles.
      i just captured one of his two core oil fields. My mixed tank stack will be headed for his other oil field. Soon he won't be able to produce tanks. My tanks are forming up for capturing his other core oil province. I have 13 tanks available for attacking. He is fast losing his ability to produced tanks since it takes so long to produce tanks. Even if he retakes a core province he can't hold it against my mixed tank stacks. He would be lucky if he has 4 tanks left on the map now.
      I keep pumping out tanks.
      The fighting area is wide in this area. His country is Yugoslavia. So I will need a large number of armies to mop up as he tries to run. i will gradually encircle him destroying his production capability as I go. Tanks are faster. I don't need for all the tanks to be at good condition. I just need to engage in battle so that I can mop up his remaining forces. I've also gained air superiority so I can concentrate on pumping out tanks.
      I will need lots and lots of tanks for the long term. I am increasing my number of provinces that can produce tanks as I can.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Healing isn't very important due to upkeep. Taking back units from the front to safe areas they are useless othersie, buit they still consume upkeep.
      This is where I think I disagree with a few people. Healing units is actually more than just a bonus. Of course, when you're attacked from every side, healing might be a little superfluous. But when you can afford to withdraw troops from the frontline, do it!

Take for instance the 25 players historical map, 1939. Germany starts with a negative oil production. By attacking AI countries and boosting production, you can hope to achieve something like +10 oil/h after a week. However, you have a substancial armor corps. So what do you do, when you have a war. Attack with your tanks and fight till they die? What are you going to replace them with? You don't have any oil remember?

The secret is careful management of those units. Instead of building a new light tank unit, heal a damaged one for 7.5 days. Same cost.

So while I do understand that sometimes it is unpractical, healing does remain a very cost effective tactic at times.
    • If I can save a unit and get some healing on it, then I don't have to spend the resources to replace it.
      I'm limited in how many tanks per day I can produce. If I don't lose a tank and it gets a little improvement in condition that helps a lot especially in the early days of producing tanks. Every tank I don't lose so soon increases my total number of tanks.
      It depends on the situation. A damaged tank can be useful for keeping a province from rebelling till the infantry can catch up with my MIXED tank type stacks. A heavy tank costs 200 oil a day to maintain. It costs 1,650 to produce. But I can't produce more heavy tanks at 1,650 oil. So any heavy tank I get some improvement in condition on helps. So I'm willing to pay the 200 oil priice to maintain it.
      More tanks means i can have tanks in more places.
      A lot depends on the players needs. In early tank stage, the extra tanks can be quite handy. My oppenent and I both started with about equal tanks and tank production capability. By replacing low condition tanks in my stacks with higher condition stacks, my mixed tank stacks rolled over my opponents 1 tank stacks. He gained non-core provinces at the expense of losing tanks. Often I didn't lose a tank. So he was losing more tanks than me. Gradually my tank force grew faster than his. I hit his core provinces while he hit non-core province of mine of tried to retake his core provinces. Most of the time he failed to retake his core provinces.
      I've in mop-up mode with my tanks, I don't need fully healed tanks, a lot of partial condition tanks out attacking provinces. My opponent had non-core provinces but I wiped out his core production provinces with multi-type tank stacks. I captured both his core oil fields. Now my single tank aremies are blizing the non-core provinces that he had taken from me. He is down from 22 core provinces at start of fighting to 3 core provinces and a rapidly diminishing number of non-core provinces.
    • After wiping out most of his production, I blitzed with single damaged tanks to all his non-building (city) terrain provinces. He is now at 0 core and three non-core provinces which will probably fall overnight. He had captured non-core provinces but didn't have the troops to hold them. Often their was no defender in the non-core provinces. He just had a couple of rapaging tanks which I had to knock out. He had about 14 non-core provinces which quickly fell to 3 under my tank blitz. The remaining 3 will like fall around 3 or 4 am. That is in about 3-4 hours. If there is no opposition, a tank with condition of 1 can take a non-city province. For building terrian cities, I prefer to send infantry type units at them. Just in case there might be defenders.
    • So, think again.Lets consider oil-only. Your heavy tank costs 1650. If it would be at zero percent, you gain (15% * 1650) ~= 250 oil by healing, while paying 200. So even at 0% (which is theoretical), the gain is marginal; any amount above it makes it worse. It also doesn't include the time (and upkeep) while taking it from the front line and bringing it back there again.

So, no, don't heal specifically.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • When practical I will send units back to defend rear areas and heal, while fresh units lead the battle, or leave weak units in place to defend while fresh attack through. This is not always doable depending on circumstances. Note that focusing on one strategy (tanks in the above example) will not win a war versus good players, they will simply produce the appropriate counter unit (AT and TAC to counter tanks). Adapt your strategy to the situation on the board.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • If I can save a unit and get some healing on it, then I don't have to spend the resources to replace it. Sometimes you won't have the resources to replace it for hours.
      I'm limited in how many tanks per day I can produce. If I don't lose a tank and it gets a little improvement in condition that helps a lot especially in the early days of producing tanks. Every tank I don't lose so soon increases my total number of tanks.
      It depends on the situation. A damaged tank can be useful for keeping a province from rebelling till the infantry can catch up with my MIXED tank type stacks. A heavy tank costs 200 oil a day to maintain. It costs 1,650 to produce. But I can't produce more heavy tanks at 1,650 oil. So any heavy tank I get some improvement in condition on helps. So I'm willing to pay the 200 oil priice to maintain it.
      More tanks means i can have tanks in more places.
      A lot depends on the players needs. In early tank stage, the extra tanks can be quite handy. My oppenent and I both started with about equal tanks and tank production capability. By replacing low condition tanks in my stacks with higher condition stacks, my mixed tank stacks rolled over my opponents 1 tank stacks. He gained non-core provinces at the expense of losing tanks. Often I didn't lose a tank. So he was losing more tanks than me. Gradually my tank force grew faster than his. I hit his core provinces while he hit non-core province of mine of tried to retake his core provinces. Most of the time he failed to retake his core provinces.