Something Fishy (1,961,379)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Something Fishy (1,961,379)

Recently it has come to Jonny Hurricanes and my own attention, that the progress made, and current state of the leaders stats in game 1,961,379 must be wrong in some way. I am not sure how they have managed to maintain their moral and make such progress. Rocket attacks by Jonny Hurricane were suspicious with regards to damage inflicted. It seems very suspicious and after many hours of game time, stands out as very suspicious. Whether they are running something to assist them is debatable. please could somebody investigate players RED GORDO and T-Bone as their activities/progress and moral are very questionable. Maybe hacking is involved. Thought to bring it to your attention.
      Regards
      Markito87
    • Rockets usually miss moving targets.

Morale can be boosted directly with gold or by building forts and airbases. Also only declaring war on one country at a time and finishing that one before declaring war on another is a lot better for morale.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Rockets usually miss moving targets.
      I agree, but with the caveat that you can usually drop a near-miss rocket on slow-moving units (e.g., artillery, anti-aircraft, anti-tank, etc.) and inflict some damage if your rocket's flight time is relatively short (e.g., 3 to 5 minutes). Rocket damage, like aerial attacks, is not a pinpoint and there is a radius of damage that extends a couple of pixels.

It's virtually impossible to hit fast-moving ground or naval units with rockets unless they are at a complete stop, regardless of the rocket's flight time.
    • To make rockets useful against a mobile enemy you need to pin his units down with some of your own units, and then launch your rockets.

If they have a stack of say 20 units, you can collide with it with your own 6 or so units to halt their movement, and launch rockets until dead. Repeat.

This strategy allows them to wander closer to your rockets before you engage them. I find that the most annoying part of rockets is trucking them around to where they need to be. In a fast moving war they are seemingly a day behind the front all the time, lol
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • This sounds like a neat trick. Will your rockets also do damage to your smaller stack though? I suppose you would consider it a sacrificial stack.

There is the danger though that unless your rockets are already in range, your smaller stack could get wiped before you can actually hit the enemy stack (specially if you have an opponent who can launch air attacks to thin out your stack while they are fighting the big stack)
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

To make rockets useful against a mobile enemy you need to pin his units down with some of your own units, and then launch your rockets.
      Vorlon neglects to mention that conventional rockets have no "friendly fire" risks, and you can drop conventional rockets on enemy units while they are engaged in melee battle with your own units without inflicting any damage on your own.

On the other hand, don't try this with nukes. Nukes will destroy or severely damage everything -- enemy, friendly and neutral -- within their 50 km blast radius.
    • MartinB wrote:

Although it will probably cost less to just build some fortifications, then spam militia and AT guns and stop them in their tracks.
      I have seen an ally take 4:1 casualties when he attacked a defensive stack in L5 fortifications within a city, when my ally's attacking stack was mostly armor. And he would have lost the last 4 or 5 of all 47 units if I hadn't intervened with my tactical bomber wing of 30+ squadrons.

Call of War has plenty of room for better tactics to defeat bigger numbers.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

I have seen an ally take 4:1 casualties when he attacked a defensive stack in L5 fortifications within a city, when my ally's attacking stack was mostly armor. And he would have lost the last 4 or 5 of all 47 units if I hadn't intervened with my tactical bomber wing of 30+ squadrons.
      Probably the single most satisfying victory I have had in this game was a defensive fight against an LT spammer, with me in a lvl 2 fort, one AT gun and a stack of militia. I actually lost the position in the end, but counted this as a victory because I took out a whole lot of tanks and just lost one AT and some militia.