Strategy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A core province is more important than at least 4 non-core provinces.
      CAPITAL: If your capital gets captured, you lose 10% of your resources every time it is captured.I also read in a thread that it affects morale in your and opponents provinces.

CORE OIL PROVINCES: After your capitol, your core oil provinces are the most important.

CORE PROVINCES: You need high morale in core provinces. Morale affects your production. As you are able you also need to build and upgrade buildings. You need to both build your economy and build troops to defend your empire.

NON-CORE: High moral in non-core provinces comes next.

ARMIES: You will need a mix of troops depending on what your opponent can build and field.There are tradeoffs with what you choose to research and what not to. You will need at least AIR interceptors at some point.
      You will need INFANTRY type units. You will need TANKS. I recommend researching at least LIGHT, MEDIUM and HEAVY tanks.

DON'T ATTACK STRATEGY: You can try upgrading your economy, researching and building troops. The main disadvantage is some other players will conquer neighboring provinces increasing their resource production. So it isn't a good strategy for early game.

ATTACKING A SMALLER AI OPPENENT:
      BENEFITS: If successful, your economy will expand faster than someone that doesn't expand from initial core provinces.
      RISK: Someone may attack you.

EARLY STAGE ATTACKIING: The earlier your attacks the less opportunity your opponent has to research units. That is why a lot of players prefer to attack smaller AI neighbors early in the game. It expands your economy and the units you lose in taking them don't cost as much in resources as it will after they have researched and produce tanks.

OIL: Some players or maybe it is just AI sell oil. You will need lots of oil for research, for some building upgrades, to produce ARMOR, AIR and NAVAL units and for maintenance of buildings and troops. I advise against selling oil. You will need a lot of it later in the game.

MIXED STACKS VS. ONE UNIT TYPE STACKS:
      2 Tank Mixed stack versu 2 Light Tanks: If both stacks start with about the same condition, The 2 mixed stack tend to win because after morale of the light tanks drops below 50, that stack loses a tank. With the mixed stack, the morale has to reach 0. So both mixed units stay in the fight longer.
    • CONQUER AND HOLD: Conquering opponents core provinces and holding them works well if the opponent can' t produce a lot of units to throw at you.

SCORCHED EARTH: If the oppenent can field a lot of troops, attacking the opponents core provinces to lower morale is a good strategy. Also deprives opponent of making units in provinces that you roll through. Reduces prodcuction because of lower morale.

CAPTURE CORE PROVINCE OIL FIELDS: Reduces their oil production. if they only have one oil field and you can produce tanks, they are toast unless they use gold. They would have to buy gold on the market.If you can't capture it, then damage it by attacking to reduce morale.
    • Though I agree that oil is important, I always find myself short of goods in the early game for both units and research. If you get jumped early, without goods you will be dead. Oil production tends to be more of a mid game concern starting around day 7 to 15. A lot will also depend on what country and map you are playing as to what resource(s) are key to your survival and strategy. On the 22 map as Turley I am not worried about oil, it is abundant, as Germany I have significant oil concerns along with food.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • Yes, you have to survive long enough for oil to become important. Yes, what you need depends a lot on what resources your country starts with. If I am producing tanks, then capturing or damaging the enemies core oil fields is a strategic objective.
      If you can pull it off, attacking an AI before they can produce tanks is even better.
      I have one early game where I'm low on goods. So I need to capture a goods province(s). Also improving the buildings in my core goods provinces. It just takes time.
      I have two games where I'm low on steel and have an abundance of goods.
    • Here are two simple strategies i like to apply. The rest is pretty much on par with what you do, although i tend to be more selective with my units' diversity :
      - Universal Right of Way : on the very first day of every game, i set all of my diplomatic relationships (only with AI countries of course) to Right of Way. That way after a while they give me Right of Way back, which allows me to carry out attacks against my target country from unexpected sides, or just allows me to use their airfields (thus considerably augmenting my options).
      - Capital KO punch : when i elaborate an attack plan, I like to choose the shortest route to the enemy's capital (most often = tanks on plain territory). That doesn't necessarily mean I rush the attack : securing and safely covering your beachheads with bombers etc is also important. But when conquering I mostly concentrate on actual cities. They have the ICs that you can easily rebuild and use yourself, and then conquer the rest needed ressource-wise. The rest I often disregard and just wait for the AI (when the player quits) to get back to peace state again.

Also, always keep a reasonable amount of troops to defend our country at any time, that you don't use to attack with. You can't imagine how many eager enemies i've easily defeated by just waiting for them to wear their army out in some external fight only to come in and steamroll everyone.
    • CAPTURING CAPITALS: I read on threads that you get a portion of their money and a moral boost to you and a moral decrease to the enemy. The capitals i'm looked at produce goods. If you need goods, capturing a captial can help.
      DIPLOMACY: Diplomacy can be a strategy. Especially early in the game where each player is wary of the intentions of their neighbors.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lawrence Czl ().

• One approach that I take is to switch my focus between economy and units depending on the day. The first few days you typically have enough resources to do what you need, but after that I take one day and upgrade food, oil, metal provinces and use leftover resources for units, and the next day build units first and use leftover resources for province improvements.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Peter Mat wrote:

Though I agree that oil is important, I always find myself short of goods in the early game for both units and research
      In most maps, goods will be very cheaply sold by AI. Stockpile that while you have tons of cash at the start. That should last you a while, until you reach abundance.

Lawrence Czl wrote:

CAPTURING CAPITALS: I read on threads that you get a portion of their money and a moral boost to you and a moral decrease to the enemy. The capitals i'm looked at produce goods. If you need goods, capturing a captial can help.
      Capturing capitals is extremely advantagous. Firstly, you get 30% of your ennemy's resources. Non negligeable for you and for him. But the best... you get a 10% morale boost in EVERY single one of your provinces. EXTREMELY useful when you are at war with many countries, or that you are trying to improve your resource production. Usually, in 100 player maps, I try to take Asian countries, so that once I grow to a sufficient level I need to worry about morale, I can conquer one AI country in the Pacific a day. This way, every day I get +10 morale, which often gets most of your provinces close to a 100% morale. Extremely beneficial.

VIRVCOBRV wrote:

- Universal Right of Way : on the very first day of every game, i set all of my diplomatic relationships (only with AI countries of course) to Right of Way.

- Capital KO punch : when i elaborate an attack plan, I like to choose the shortest route to the enemy's capital (most often = tanks on plain territory).
      That goes without saying :) Universal Right of Way is an often underrated feature, especially with the new update : if someone attacks you in an AI country, they declare war on the AI. I think that's pretty cool for you.
    • @darksoul111: You didn't accidentally hit any of the units from the neutral country?

Was this announced? If not, this really needs to be discussed, because it becomes a very serious advantage for players who are aware of it and manipulate it to their advantage. I'm not at all certain this is a good idea, and lends itself to being abused by players who are members of larger alliances.
    • Butler wrote:

I have the most perfect Strategy out there it is called the Backstab get as much allies as you can then at the end when your enemy's are killed backstab your allies then you win
      Sure, that works, Captain Obvious.

Once.

I find all of the talk about "backstabbing" somewhat amusing, and often foolish. I've won nine games outright, and finished second in another seven. In every one of those 16 games I have had solid and reliable allies, without a hint of backstabbing or betrayal. It's one of the "secrets" of my success.

If you haven't played with strong and reliable allies, who understand the game at least as well as you do, you're missing out on one of the greatest experiences the game has to offer. . . . And if you want to have strong and loyal allies, you need to learn to be a strong and reliable ally yourself.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• I wonder if it spilled in from beta (FP). In FP air units that cross the line on patrol will now cause a declaration of war with the AI controlled country. Similarly it would make sense that a land unit violating the border would cause the same.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda