Non-Core -75% penalty

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Also, one reason why there is such a steep penalty for non-core production is to make turtling and building up core infrastructure a viable strategy at the beginning. If there wasn't such a steep penalty, players would HAVE to be on the attack constantly right from the start in order to put up an army against other players. Also, people playing the US would suffer because they wouldn't have as many resource producers to capture around them at the start. Less viable strategies and balance make for a less interesting game. You CAN make these provinces produce more by improving them (building infrastructure, etc.) so your investing idea is actually already in the game!

Also, people in a province you've captured from another country probably wouldn't be very willing to work producing resources for the enemy, even years after the occupation, so technically the steep penalty IS more realistic ;)
    • Of course it varies irl, but 25% is really low, imho.
      Occupied France, Poland, Holland and Belgium all produced at about 50% of their prewar capacity (in 1942, so after a little over one year of occuption). Norway and Denmark did around 80%. Tsjechoslovakia was up to 150% (it was occupied earlier).
      What if I'm indoctrinated and actually fighting the good guys?
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

You can't reduce it but you can make the province produce more.
      Is there a practical difference between the terms? If you're willing to invest in a province to reduce penalties, why not do it to increase the production - and reach a higher production. If you got the full industrial center, infrastructure and naval base, you increase the production equivalent to reducing the penalty to 44%.
    • Yes, there is a difference. It is 75% of what it would be. Let's say you have a province that produces 1k res and the it is capped, now producing 250. You build a lvl 5 indo complex which will give +50%. This is where it gets tricky. I am not entirely sure what happens. I think that you get +125 res rather than the +500 it should be. It is better to ask some staff as O do not quite know but I do know that it does not reduce the -75% as I have been told that it doesn't at least twice by the staff.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• On your example:
      Base production = 1k
      Foreign province => base production = 250
      Full industrial complex = 50% * 250 = 125
      Full infrastructure = 50% * 250 = 125
      TOTAL PRODUCTION = 500

So, now we have a similar situation with a province with no buildings and a 50% penalty, instead of 75%.

How many people do get to this figure? Very few, and in extremely rare cases. If a feature to allow you to build something would be implemented, it would bear a similar large cost. Now, if you rarely use the already built in features to increase the production, why should the devs put any time into coding this?
    • Currently I ussualy dont invest in a conquered province, untill all my core provinces are upgraded.
      Precisely because I get such a low return on my investment.

Woudl it be unrealistic to have a goodwill/propaganda campaign in a province, to increase your image with the population, and get higher production? Or a more repressive aproach, to the same end: put factories under military control, use enforced labour? It will not get you to 100%, but 50% should be doable.

It would not have to be difficult to implement. For example: build a 'propaganda center' (or whateveryoumaycallit), to increases base production in non-core territories. It might be slow to build (2-3 days?), but then you would at least have the option.
    • How about a "Provincial Police Headquarters" building. The building itself doesn't add to production bonus, it allows Militia units stationed at the province's center to bump up the production percent, say 3-5% per unit. The number of Militia allowed to bump up production is limited to the level of the building. So you need to both build up the level of the HQ building and park troops (you're paying resources for to keep around) in the province. Maximum level of 5 would mean you could get another 15%- 25% more with a some more effort and attention.

Plus it would give Militia something else to do, there kind of a week unit as is.
    • Interesting idea.

It could be effective, but might not be efficient with the suggested numbers. Militia cost upkeep: 150 food, 115 manpower. If a province is producing 500 food, a single unit of militia would have to give a boost of 30% to break even.
      It might be worthwile if a lvl1 building gives 30% per unit, lvl2 40%, lvl3 50%.Provided the building itself isnt too expensive.
    • I don''t like the sound of it. How badly trained, ill equipped and most likely badly disciplined troops going to get people to work harder? Sounds like the Gestapo to me. Next you will be wanting to trade manpower.

• Coming from Supremacy 1914 this core province stuff is hard to accept. I understand why it was implemented but its extremely frustrating as it is very hard to expand and after all this is a war game.

I think that the penalty should be reduced to 33% if you capture all core provinces of the person you are attacking. After 7 days of occupation it should be reduced further to 40%. This will make early game expansion a must and will actually have it rewarded in the long run.

What do you guys think?
    • No. I disagree. I am playing a game where all I have are core provinces. I was pretty formidable right up until the point where I was attacked by 12 rouge DD and 12 subs. I am rebuilding my army though and have massive stockpiles of everything except RM. I nearly have nuclear subs by the way.