A Squiggle Says Farewell

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Squiggle Says Farewell

Dear friends, co-workers, buddies, enemies, former bosses, cat-lovers,

Well, this is it. It has been a fun ride.

Roughly two years ago, I joined Call of War. A lone Squiggle, lost and unknowing. I was taken in by fellow members of the community and accepted amongst the friendly folk.For months I remained a fun loving,helpful citizen of chat, until I was asked to apply for staff by the support team. My first application was rejected, but the second was successful. I was in, a GO for the EN team. But, I had joined during troubling times. Tensions between staff, and a lack of staff thereof created such a mess within the team and this affected the community. Eventually by team vote I was chosen to be MA, roughly 5 months after I was hired. It was such an honor, and was great fun to be able to lead the team and help the community. And eventually, I was able to lead the team out of the mess with the help of my great support staff. And what I saw from then on was great teamwork, and the community thrived because of it. Not long after, I was promoted to CC. Even though it had its ups and downs, I loved getting to know everyone. It was fun to make new friends. I believed that "working" should be fun. There is no better work, than from someone who finds joy in what they do. I have always tried to see the good in others. Many times I have given chances to those who messed up, or dislike me. Although sometimes I am too nice for my own good.

It has been a fun run being staff, and serving you all. And I'd gladly try my best if I was ever called again to serve. I will admit, I made a mistake in the past. Which got me into some messy business sadly. I will say that a lot of things have been put on me, which is understandable but not true. I am saddened by those who have said some hurtful things, or treated me unfairly. And even more sad by those who I thought was my friends, but did not come to hear me out. And I appreciate those who stood by me. There have been many who have been there for me, sticking with me as a friend, regardless of what I've done. I wont get into details as to why I was removed, It wont change any minds that are already set. I am here to say my farewells.

I would like to give special thanks to certain people that have impacted my time here in some way or another. First to @Dr. Leipreachan for being my bruder and sticking with me wherever I went, I truly felt we were a "package deal'. @Mathex319 Thank you for all the advice and talks you have given me, you are a nice guy with a good heart. @WiseOdin We might not have always seen eye to eye with each other, but as SMOD I appreciated your handle on chat/forum. @Quasi-duck I will always remember you little duckling, plus our forum gang. ;) @oceanhawk You're a cool guy, with a good sense of politics. @Taikhos You will always be Taku-san, I see great potential in you young Padawan as always. @Rana71 A great friend, and awesome ticket master. @Capuccio You can accomplish anything with a good mindset, never give up your dreams. @Super Jewbear Remember the teddy bear title? @MrBigToad You are an awesome guy, and funny as heck. Give me regards to liro(I cant find his user) and mrs froggy. ;) @Mortes We've had our ups and downs, but you are a good fellow. I enjoyed working with you. @BRDubbs Thank you for sticking by me, you are a true friend. @Jaalab You will do well in whatever you do in life, I see great things for you. @Ay Blinkin You are bae. @monkeycradler A nice young man, a fun guy to talk to and I'm glad I recruited ya. @graaf89 I enjoy our conversations, I am glad you came back after some time because you're a really good fella. @Pip-Desert Fox Thank you for caring, and I wont forget my furry friend. @nemuritor98 You helped me to realize some things about volunteering, throughout our time together and some things even now are beginning to make sense. @Kalantigos Glad you could stick around this long, I still remember that match we played together. @Akulla3D Great GO, I appreciate the time and dedication. @tigriscoolit Stay positive, and always stay true to who you are. @J_B_Piron Thank you for taking the time to teach me German, I wont forget that. @devaroden1773 Thank you for bearing with me haha. You are a nice person, and I enjoyed our talks. @darkcity212 You're a very cool and patient fella, hope I was a good help. @BullDAWG30-06 I know we haven't known each other for long, but I know you have what it takes to be a good staff for the community. Follow your heart. @Sirgamer42 I am a good Squiggle! :P Keep being silly. @Carlos Spicy-Wiener You might be one of the most misunderstood by many, but I believe you are a good guy with good intentions. @SniperDragon142 We haven't spoken in some times, but I owe a lot to you. You were a great friend back in the day and without you, I might not have applied. If I had forgotten anyone it is because there are so many people to mention, and I most likely cant spell your username.

Although I am leaving you all, I know the memories will not fade. For those who recall the name Squiggles, will remember it was he who led the team during its darkest hours, but also the most thriving times it will ever experience. And for the new folks, what I leave behind are the many guides(the COW manual for example), a lasting legacy, and a simple message that you can go far if you believe in the good of others and the community. I do not leave because of any bitterness, I go because my work here is done. I may come back some day to check how things are going. So... Until next time.
      Remember folks: Stay cool, stay humble! <3
      -Sir McSquiggles

^^^ At least the system doesn't forget me. Might want to fix that, you can PM if you don't know how. :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sir McSquiggles ().

• I'll sure miss you kitty squiggle ;) , and for one I'm also happy that I came back because that way I also met you. I was actually at first a bit nervous at the first encounter because I didn't knew what to expect of you but I was very happy when you and meandwine gave a second chance.
      I surely hope we will keep having those conversations as I enjoyed them just as much as you :)

Squiggle in peace my dear :)
    • We are, were and will ALWAYS be bruders, bruder, we done alot for the teams and community and our brudership grew and got better and we grew strogner we really could light up a room with our brudership and spreading of fun and joy :D. You were the best CC CoW has had and also the finest MA I worked underneath. We were and will always be the only bruders on Call of War and the the other games ;(
      Chánfucius
      Community Support
    • I'm going to miss you Squiggles. I have had some good chats with you. One question will you still be able to play on Conflict of Nations. If so I might join. My friend says that you play that game. Squiggles, you have helped me so much throughout my gaming experience. I am going to miss you. ;( ;( ;(

Goodbye Squiggles!

Your friend John Hollande
    • bye mcsgiggles you meannt the world 2 me! you were my 1st repsonse other than Butter Ball bill so I was like oh no but then you came and I was like wow I can stay here becauyse people like Mcsgiggles were so nicwe 2 me. bye squiggles!!!!! have fun weherever you going!
      It's been a while
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

bye mcsgiggles you meannt the world 2 me! you were my 1st repsonse other than Butter Ball bill so I was like oh no but then you came and I was like wow I can stay here becauyse people like Mcsgiggles were so nicwe 2 me. bye squiggles!!!!! have fun weherever you going!
      You cant expect a guy with this username to be mean, right? :D Seriously though, Ive known you for so long. We have had some great conversations too. I forgot to mention ya in my first post, so this will be my thoughtful message to you. :P You are a smart guy, with a good heart. I wont forgot you. How can I forget a pizza... that is also purple... :saint:
    • John Hollande wrote:

I'm going to miss you Squiggles. I have had some good chats with you. One question will you still be able to play on Conflict of Nations. If so I might join. My friend says that you play that game. Squiggles, you have helped me so much throughout my gaming experience. I am going to miss you.

Goodbye Squiggles!

Your friend John Hollande
      This means so much to me! The love and support from the community has really kept me going for so long. I am glad to have served you all well, I have no regrets. I am not sure if I will remain on conflict of nations, I check forum every so often. I am happy to have been able to help you. If anyone misses me, just think of me and I will be there... Also, my skype id is in details on my wall(check profile). ^^
    • Sir McSquiggles wrote:

purplepizza117 wrote:

bye mcsgiggles you meannt the world 2 me! you were my 1st repsonse other than Butter Ball bill so I was like oh no but then you came and I was like wow I can stay here becauyse people like Mcsgiggles were so nicwe 2 me. bye squiggles!!!!! have fun weherever you going!
      You cant expect a guy with this username to be mean, right? :D Seriously though, Ive known you for so long. We have had some great conversations too. I forgot to mention ya in my first post, so this will be my thoughtful message to you. :P You are a smart guy, with a good heart. I wont forgot you. How can I forget a pizza... that is also purple... :saint:
      thanks man! good luck in the future!
      It's been a while
    • Thanks Squiggz, will miss ya and know YOU have helped me and so many others besides what you did as staff but also your tips and video's helping us all to learn more about the game and having fun doing it. Know my friend you can always holler at me... Best of luck and THANKS FOR ALL YOU HAVE/ARE/ and WILL do... hope to follow in your footsteps bro.