Delayed view of enemy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Delayed view of enemy

I know this is a repeat but I searched and couldn't find other thread for some reason. As noted in other thread there is a continuous problem of enemy not showing up in ghost and view range of your units. This is a new problem. It didn't used to happen. Don't tell me to send more info, just check it, it happens every time. But normally I've notice that patrolling planes will show you what is there, but here is an example where they don't see it at all. The 2nd image is seconds after I reloaded game relative to the first.
    • I reported this same problem a month or so ago, and Restrisiko and I had an extended discussion about in the bug reports section. Strangely, I cannot find my original post, either; it's like someone deleted it.

Anyway, I continue to have similar problems in the same game, as recently as this morning. Re-loading the game seems to clear them, but merely refreshing the game window does not.
    • me too. i was patrolling over a province that showed no enemy or ghost at all so i left patrol to go patrol somewhere else and when the plane LEFT the empty province and had already flown away for several minutes, a 6x enemy tank stack appeared in the "empty" province, with no damage done to it. my planes had patrolled that province for 2 or 3 hours, doing no damage and not revealing the enemy.
      “I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis Khan
    • I tested it in one of my games and could not confirm it. Tried to spy on multiple cities and also inter city connections with one tac bomber as in the picture, and each time all units were revealed.

So I guess we need some more information on how to reproduce it. Since when does it happen, does it happen every time, what exactly do you have to do to make it happen, live or FP game, which browser, game number. Thanks!
    • slow to reveal happens a lot, but not 100% of the time. most of the time i have to attack the enemy to find out what it is. Especially frustrating is that it happens at sea a lot, too. submarines coming in for a look are not able to scout because the enemy will not reveal until attacked. i use firefox. this has been going on for some time now, as @MontanaBB reported and discussed.
      “I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis Khan
    • freezy wrote:

how to reproduce it
      Well, in the example above it was probably due to the old intel ghosts already being in some cash. Same with ground units. When you get into view range the ghosts remain as they were. In general I think it's a problem with the ghosts. Even in fog view, the positions of the ghosts do not update properly.
    • Reading about this I remember I had an at sea experience of that yesterday. One of my Submarines passed a peacefull AI unit yesterday while I was away from the game, and of course it showed as the "ghost" convoy. I circled around to see what it was just sitting there and my submarine would not show what it was even when located at the same spot as the "ghost"

I passed it later with a convoy and it showed to be a pair of destroyers just parked there, but my submarine could not reveal any more about it earlier.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Dixie wrote:

slow to reveal happens a lot, but not 100% of the time. most of the time i have to attack the enemy to find out what it is. Especially frustrating is that it happens at sea a lot, too. submarines coming in for a look are not able to scout because the enemy will not reveal until attacked. i use firefox. this has been going on for some time now, as @MontanaBB reported and discussed.
      Actually I understood the problem DxC described to be a different one. The one you are talking about was already reported to the Devs.

DxC wrote:

freezy wrote:

how to reproduce it
      Well, in the example above it was probably due to the old intel ghosts already being in some cash. Same with ground units. When you get into view range the ghosts remain as they were. In general I think it's a problem with the ghosts. Even in fog view, the positions of the ghosts do not update properly.
      So it is not happning all the time and only in special situations? Then it is harder to reproduce of course. I still imagine that alot of the problems only happen if you leave the game tab open as inactive and come back to it after some time. When you are active in the game tab while those things happen, there probably aren't any problems.
    • I often use my submarine squadrons as my "sneaky Petes" to gather intelligence on the locations and movements of ground and air units through coastal provinces. I am currently playing a single game, no. 1,950,950. I have experienced delays in the revealing of non-allied unit details as recently as the past two to six hours. In my case, only reloading the game will properly display the details of non-allied ground units discovered by my sub units in coastal provinces -- refreshing the game screen using the cycle/refresh button in the lower righthand corner of the screen nor clearing the Firefox browser cache have any impact, but completely reloading the game does.

This has been a recurring problem over the last month (since I first reported it here in the forum), and has periodically affected the reconnaissance reveal function of sub, armored car, light tank, and occasionally, even aircraft units.

UPDATE: As of 7:04 7:30 a.m. EDT (12:04 12:30 p.m. GMT), I have a fighter wing patrolling over a non-allied destroyer squadron in the Atlantic Ocean just off the coast of Morocco, and the patrolling wing is not revealing the details of the destroyer unit. Oddly, this is a unit that I have previously identified with my passing submarine and battleship units in the last several hours, but now the details remain obscured with the generic "convoy" identifier. 58th Fighter Wing (Northern States of America) and 26th Destroyer Squadron (United Kingdom), a.k.a. generic "26th Convoy."

UPDATE 2: As of 7:53 a.m., the non-allied destroyer unit details finally revealed on their own when I used the refresh screen button -- this previously did not resolve the problem.

The post was edited 3 times, last by MontanaBB ().

• freezy wrote:

So it is not happning all the time
      It happens all the time. Imagine marching with a tank and you pick something up in fog view. As you march closer to get into clear view you still can only see the foggy stack. It appears to still be sitting there even if it has moved. It could be right next to you, or could have moved out of view completely.
    • When you are talking about ground units seeing other ground units then this is the other bug though, which I already acknowledged to happen often in the other thread.

I understood your airplane report in the first post to rather be a problem with spy states from planes, another issue than the one we already have a thread for. And I could not reproduce this airplane issue, all units were always uncovered correctly by my planes in my test. Thats why I said it can't happen all the time. If there are certain circumstances when it happens I need to know those before we can investigate further.

Regarding the general not updating ?-state of units, our Devs will have a look at it now.
      Maybe it is related to your plane issue.