Minefields

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are you for or against being able to build a thing like this? 21

The result is only visible to the participants.

Hello all, I have come up with an idea that is both realistic to the real world wars, and something that should be integrated into this game.

In war, it is sometimes necessary to retreat. Whether your supply lines are stretched too far, you are facing a superior enemy, or your front lines are stretched too thin, We have all had to retreat in Call Of War some time or another... I think it would be a good improvement to the game if the developers made a way for the armies that you are retreating from are slowed down. By this I mean something like a minefield. Something to slow the speed of the unit/units that are trying to pass through the province in question. It doesn't have to do any damage to the unit, but just slow it down a percentage of it's base speed. such as barbed wire slowing it down 5%, and level two slowing it down 7%.

Thank you for your time! Please vote and share your thoughts!
    • sometimes mienfields dont'e even want to explode. and thet can be very furstrating for an army in full retereat, so maybe there could be function of attacking armie to disable mienfeilds??? I dunno just a suggestion lol but yeah goot ideas
      It's been a while
    • Minefields are also a part of any fortification build. build a fortificationn along your line of retreat and leave a unit or two to hold it. Definitely slows down the enemy.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • Discrepancies in logistics systems... different railroad gauges... peasants protesting against foreigners seducing their daughters.... need to get any wilder?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Or, sharing with the minefield explanation, your allies travel more slowly through your land, as they are waiting on maps for the fields. The enemy do not get the luxury of maps being shared, so they need to sap.

As far as casualties go? Call of War is scaled on a regimental level. A regiment losing a couple sappers would not affect the fighting strength in any measurable way.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • Personally, I don't mind the idea of the minefield, as long as it isn't abused. Nevertheless, it isn't the top priority in my opinon.

1)

Peter Mat wrote:

Minefields are also a part of any fortification build. build a fortificationn along your line of retreat and leave a unit or two to hold it.
      Already kind of included in the fortifications, although fortifications themselves do not slow down or damage enemy units.

2)

WiseOdin wrote:

Or, sharing with the minefield explanation, your allies travel more slowly through your land, as they are waiting on maps for the fields. The enemy do not get the luxury of maps being shared, so they need to sap.
      As far as slowing down goes, you lose 50% speed in enemy territory. Wether minefiels are responsible for it, the idea is there.

Quasi-duck wrote:

WiseOdin wrote:

A regiment losing a couple sappers would not affect the fighting strength in any measurable way.
      Obviously you haven't had to clear a minefield with a bayonet.
      No idea why I'm including this but it made me laugh :D
    • sdkdp02 wrote:

such as barbed wire slowing it down 5%, and level two slowing it down 7%.
      I like the idea but also if they choose to implement this into the game then I think it would be cool, but also as an attachment to this I think a new troop or tank to clear out those mines, in World War 2 some sherman and churchill tanks were equipped with some special machinery to clear out mines or barbed wire maybe they can implement that into the game as well?