Spotted units. How long do they stay as intel?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spotted units. How long do they stay as intel?

I was wondering if anyone knew how the spotting of enemies works? I have had mixed results when spotting enemies. For example, using a plane to spot enemy unit will then show that unit on the map as intel. How long does that intel last? I feel like sometimes it may last for extended hours and other times it has disappeared within ten min.

Anyone have any insight on this??
    • Normally, or better, usually, the reconnaissance messages of patrols or spies persist until the next day change, or until they are replaced by newer ones if that happens earlier.

But for some time I have also observed that they suddenly disappear at different times for no apparent reason, or also that messages of spies are not replaced by presently patrolling airplanes - in recent times the system seems to be a bit confused sometimes...

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Ghost units are also shown that are not there anymore, while the "eyes" of your army can see them clearly or in grey.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Thanks for that. Im still wondering how it works on this though. I am in a match now and I have had some intel that I spotted stay as a "ghost" for 3 hours. When earlier some "ghosts" only stuck around for randomly shorter times.

There must be some mechanic at play here.
    • I reached a point of being tired of units disappearing. So stick an infantry in them by charging. Either they go away or they stay. If they stay pound the hell out of them with everything you got. If they go away, keep charging until you find the buggers. It's not sophisticated, but it works.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • Peter Mat wrote:

I reached a point of being tired of units disappearing. So stick an infantry in them by charging. Either they go away or they stay. If they stay pound the hell out of them with everything you got. If they go away, keep charging until you find the buggers. It's not sophisticated, but it works.
      :D Another way to do this without burning everything, is to stick to the following rule :

- Either it's intel from last day spy reports,
      - Or it's intel from your planes.

This intel will disappear as soon as a "newer" version of your intel is made. E.g, my planes spot 3 infanteries. They go back and land. I will therefore have 3 infanteries as "intel". However, they will re-become full colour when my planes take off again to update their new position.

- Reloading the page is also a (very!) easy way to fix this. Sometimes, you need to reload to display for examples units which were previously intel, but have been approached in a reasonable radius by your own troops. Sometimes you need to reload to actually fix this, and show them as your troops on the ground show them.

Lastly, @Peter Mat 's way of doing this is the way to go if nothing else works.