Oil

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Read this first:

> > > "https://forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/12823-what-is-the-best-way-to-increase-production-of-resources/" < < <

Then answer the following questions:

How much oil are you producing daily?

How much oil are your powered units consuming?

Are there any naval bases that you can disable?

How many core oil-producing provinces do you have? How many non-core (i.e. captured) oil-producing provinces do you have? Which are double production provinces, if any?
    • How many total tons of oil (not your hourly net) are you producing daily?

How many core oil-producing provinces do you have? Which are double production provinces, if any? What is the current provincial morale in each of them?

How many non-core (i.e. captured) oil-producing provinces do you have? Which are double production provinces, if any?What is the current provincial morale in each of them?

Are you playing the 22-player European map or a different one? If other than the basic map, which one?
    • I am playing a 50 player map, pacific conquest and earn 9,850 oil daily. I have 1 core oil province with max infrastructure and Industrial complexes. It is at 100 morale. I have 8 non core provinces. A few of them have max infrastructure, others having infrastructures built on them. I am currently Mexico, and is attacking USA
    • First focus on your core oil producing provinces. I expect you have two single oil provinces, probably making 3000 to 4000 oil per day. Once you have them build up to level 3 infrastructure and level 5 factories you will be making 6000 per day in each province.

If you have a double oil producing province signified by four oil barrels instead of two you can get 12,000 oil per day out of that one province when you have it upgraded to L3 infrastructure and L5 industrial complex.

You can capture and build up oil provinces, but that takes time. I suggest gunning for a double oil province for the most bang for your buck.

Now my advice is that since every country on the map will have the same oil limitations that you must have a fairly decent sized army compared to any other country, so go use it. Time to cause some mayhem. I have a 22 player map where my units are using 10,500 oil per day and I just steamrolled Germany from the border of Spain to Berlin in 36 hours.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Donald J. Trump wrote:

I have 8 non core provinces. A few of them have max infrastructure, others having infrastructures built on them.
      A lot of times I only build max infrastructure on captured provinces. I don't feel it is worth building Industrial complexes on them as well, unless it is a double production province.

If you have a surplus of food you could build some stacks of light duty artillery and antitank to take to war that only use food and no oil.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• Donald J. Trump wrote:

Read my post
      No need to be rude. Giving complete advice takes more time to compose than it does to read. Good day.

VorlonFCW

• Okay, the good news is that there is a lot of oil on the 50-player Pacific map.

Do you understand the difference between "single" and "double" resource provinces? Most core resource provinces produce 3,000 to 3,100 tons per day at 100% morale; so-called "double" core resource provinces produce twice that much with no infrastructure and no industrial complex.

If your core oil-producing province is a "single," it should be producing about 6,000 to 6,200 tons per day at 100% morale if it is fully improved with L3 infrastructure and an L5 industrial complex. If it's a fully-improved "double," it would be producing roughly 12,000 tons daily (and you would not have a current oil deficit).

You have 8 non-core oil provinces. Check the provincial morale of each; then check the distance of each from your capital -- distance from your capital directly impacts the morale of your provinces. Non-core oil provinces (singles) should produce 750 to 775 tons per day at 100% morale, but I assume that most have morale far below 100%. Pick the non-core oil provinces closest to your capital, and add fortifications. Each level of fortification will raise morale in the province by 5%. Then add infrastructure in each, prioritizing the closest ones first. Then add industrial complexes to each, again prioritizing the ones closest to your capital.

If you have 8 non-core oil provinces, you have the potential to produce another 6,000 tons per day in those non-core provinces with no infrastructure and no industrial complexes. Of course, that assumes 100% morale, and some of those provinces may be too far away to ever reach 100% morale -- you need to understand this dynamic, and improve the closes ones first.

Do NOT add L1 naval bases to non-core oil provinces. An L1 naval base will increase resource production 5%, or 38 to 40 tons per day in non-core resource provinces. An enabled/active L1 naval base burns 50 tons of oil per day; that's a net loss of 10 to 12 tons per day. On the other hand, an L1 naval base in your core oil province (if it's located on the coast), will add 5% of 3,000 or an additional 150 tons per day -- that's a net gain of about 100 tons daily.

The post was edited 4 times, last by MontanaBB ().

• Gitargy wrote:

What do your armies look like?
      I've heard that they look like they are composed of vast numbers of large metallic machines with tracked wheels and elongated hollow metal rods sticking out the top...and those metal rods seem to be able to rotate and move up and down at will. Those big metal things are often accompanied by numerous men wearing matching clothing and often carrying guns. In addition, those armies tend to look like trouble for anyone that gets in their way.

:D
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3