USA vs. UK?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• USA vs. UK?

Should I Attack? 8

The result is only visible to the participants.

Hello,

I am playing as USA (controlling Canada, Cuba, Greenland, Iceland, a few of France's African provinces, and Ireland) on the 1939 Europe map. I am allied with a few inactive players.

I'm wondering if I should attack UK. It's day 41.

Richest Nations: tied (1-1) (current)
      Mightiest Armies: up by 11 (24-13) (1 day old)
      Technology: down 4 (36-40) (2 days old)
      Largest Economies: down 2717 (84290-87007)

My Army:

14 Destroyers L3
      8 Cruisers L3
      5 Battleships L2
      2 Aircraft Carriers L1
      with 4 Interceptors
      12 Submarines L6 (plus 3 others in the Great Lakes)

8 Nuclear Bombers L2
      8 Interceptors L3 (not including Aircraft Carriers)
      2 Tactical Bombers L3

1 Anti Tank L1
      1 Artillery L1
      3 Anti Air L1
      22 Light Tanks L4
      6 Infantry L2
      4 Medium Tanks L4
      2 Armored Cars L3

Production:

4 Nuclear Bombers L2

Research:

Strategic Bomber L5 (for Nuclear Bomber L3)
      Nuclear Rocket L1

Production:

Food: 116844 +144/h
      Goods: 267130 +1164/h
      Manpower: 42037 +406/h
      Metal: 151583 +561/h
      Oil: 12995 -18/h (working on this)
      Rare Materials: 12785 +109/h (working on this)
      Money: 6984 +3389/h (2975716 in Sell orders)

Do you think I should attack? Let me know in the polls, but please explain your vote in the comments!

From,
      NYCSBoy13

P.S. I'm getting ready for Nuclear Submarines L1.
    • NYCSBoy13 wrote:

One thing that could be a problem is Egypt. All provinces have L2+ Fortifications, and about half have L3+ Fortifications!
      >use artillery and bombers to weaken the fortifications, safe approach, but takes a while
      >steamroll the enemy using loads of units, quick approach, but is gonna be costly

pick
      This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017
    • Day 41 and you have One artillery and One antitank? So what does the UK have to counter you? Have you scouted your landing zones?

My opinion you could have taken a computer controlled UK 20 days ago with a dozen artillery, six tanks, six infantry. and been done with it. I think building 8 nuclear bombers is a bit overkill for a wee island.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • By the way every province you conquer is going to take FOOD, so start increasing production of that as well.

Do you plan on having a peacekeeping force in some key provinces to quickly stifle revolts, or plan on reconquering some provinces several times?

What forces are you going to leave to defend your homeland while your forces are two or three days boat ride away?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

By the way every province you conquer is going to take FOOD, so start increasing production of that as well.
      If you are already running a food surplus, you can usually catch up quickly when you take down a full-size country of 20 or 22 provinces. However, when you quickly capture a country of 50, 75 or 100+ provinces, you are probably going to run a sizeable food production deficit. For that reason alone, it is smart to have a food reserve of at least 15,000 to 20,000 tons of food.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

By the way every province you conquer is going to take FOOD, so start increasing production of that as well.
      If you are already running a food surplus, you can usually catch up quickly when you take down a full-size country of 20 or 22 provinces. However, when you quickly capture a country of 50, 75 or 100+ provinces, you are probably going to run a sizeable food production deficit. For that reason alone, it is smart to have a food reserve of at least 15,000 to 20,000 tons of food.
      50.000 tons of food is what you want, if you want to survive with negative food amounts, because 20.000 runs out quickly
      This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Do you plan on having a peacekeeping force in some key provinces to quickly stifle revolts, or plan on reconquering some provinces several times?

What forces are you going to leave to defend your homeland while your forces are two or three days boat ride away?
      Food: 123658 +132/h
      I will reconquer provinces that revolt.
      I don't need to defend my homeland because, as you said, forces are two to three days away.
    • My opinion is no... I at first thought that the Uk was an active player, but the fact that it is AI does not change much.

Your army is incredibly weak, with a non-existant air force to support it. Sure, you will land in the UK, thanks to your navy. But then, once you used all your nuclear weapons on dispersed groups of AI infantry, what do you do? At day 41, the AI must normally have developped a strong army.

If you win - which you will probably do - you will come out extremely weakened out of this.
    • @NYCSBoy13: I suggest you scout Britain and find out what units the AI has.

You have plenty of armor for an invasion (22 LT, 4 MT). Have you researched anti-tank units yet? Do you know how to use artillery?

@darksoul111: By adding some 6-8 AT regiments and 7-9 arty regiments, he could be ready to go in a day or two. He may be ready now, depending on what the UK AI has, and what his tolerance for casualties is. I usually blow through standard-level AI countries with virtually no casualties. But, then again, that's what the AIs are there for: to learn, and at some point you learn by doing, and then analyze your mistakes in conversation with others.
    • @MontanaBB

Of course of course. I am sure that if he develops somewhat of an artillery capability, the AI should fall rapidly. After all that's what they do.

BUT

What I am talking about here is the following problem.

NYCSBoy13 wrote:

I am allied with a few inactive players.
      If people see that he is taking too many casualties against an AI, he will be gang... sorry I meant "attacked on all sides" by superior foes.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

@darksoul111: By adding some 6-8 AT regiments and 7-9 arty regiments, he could be ready to go in a day or two. He may be ready now, depending on what the UK AI has, and what his tolerance for casualties is. I usually blow through standard-level AI countries with virtually no casualties. But, then again, that's what the AIs are there for: to learn, and at some point you learn by doing, and then analyze your mistakes in conversation with others.

darksoul111 wrote:

@MontanaBB

Of course of course. I am sure that if he develops somewhat of an artillery capability, the AI should fall rapidly. After all that's what they do.

I am producing Artillery and Anti-Tank units left and right.