How to kill patrolling planes?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to kill patrolling planes?

So, I started playing the game last night. Today, I saw a guy I am in war with patrolling my territory. I have got 2 infantry units stationed there, however, neither my units are attacking his, nor are his planes attacking me. How do I defeat his planes?
    • Infantry are very poor for shooting at planes. Roll an antiair unit underneath the patrol area. Antiair do not attack, only counter-attack, so the planes will attack the antiair unit while on patrol, and the antiair will do damage in return.

Best is to have a couple interceptors of your own and shred his planes if you are at war.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • If he is patrolling and you are at war :

- Send patrolling interceptors, to patrol in the patrol circle of the enemy planes,
      - Shoot rockets at his planes,
      - Send an anti-air force under the patrol radius.

HOWEVER, UNDER NO CONDITION, NO CONDITION I REPEAT shall you do that :

- Send interceptors to attack this patrolling stack of planes.

You might wonder why. This is because when an attacking air unit comes to attack anything, and goes inside the patrolling radius of enemy planes, it takes damage without giving any back, before proceeding for its attack. So if you send an interceptor to attack the patrolling stack, you will enter their radius, they will do damage to you, without you doing any back, before then you will attack, with a significant disadvantage health-wise.

Patrolling is the way to go.