Controlled Airspace

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It depends on wether you're shelling the countryside or the "dot". If you're just shelling their countryside, well, I guess they feel it's ok that a few farmeras die. If you're shelling the dot though, also attacking buildings, it's another matter and they will declare on you.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Well, in this case I was shelling an enemy that was already in a battle with a 3rd (RoW with me) party. I don't think the location necessarily mattered in this case, but I could be wrong about that. In the past, I'm pretty sure I've attacked an enemy (not in battle with 3rd party) on a dot (owned by 3rd party) with planes and possibly with melee units and not started a new war. I believe this was true even when the 3rd party had units at the dot and the enemy had RoW with the 3rd party.
    • I'm not sure if this is on the radar for developers, but the new rules about patrolling and automatically declaring war are conflicting with the peace period settings for game. By patrolling, wars can be started despite the peace period settings.

Simplest solution would be to forbid patrolling over non-friendly territory, just as normal troop movement is forbidden.

I think this matter is quite urgent; currently the peace period setting is meaningless.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I'm not sure if this is on the radar for developers, but the new rules about patrolling and automatically declaring war are conflicting with the peace period settings for game. By patrolling, wars can be started despite the peace period settings.

Simplest solution would be to forbid patrolling over non-friendly territory, just as normal troop movement is forbidden.

I think this matter is quite urgent; currently the peace period setting is meaningless.
      It is on the radar. We have someone looking into it since there were several scenarios where the behavior created conflicts with the patrolling behavior.
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Patriot is a lot older weapon than 8-9 years.

Not as far back as WW2 though.

Still, with rockets being effective against troops which is a fantasy element as well, why not.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Still, with rockets being effective against troops which is a fantasy element as well, why not.
      Future game revisions should greatly reduce the effectiveness of rockets against ground units, and return them to being primarily an anti-building weapon; WW2-era ballistic missiles simply were neither accurate enough nor powerful enough to do significant damage to combat units in the field.

The two largest numbers of dead from a single V-2 strike was 567 when one fell on a movie theater in Antwerp, and 160 when another hit a department store in London; the greatest number of military personnel killed by a single V-2 was 26, when one fell on a city square in Antwerp while a military convoy was passing through. The V-2 was far better at randomly killing civilians in a large city, because it lacked the guidance to precisely target combat units.
    • RoKMC wrote:

possibly have a strong morale effect on your enemy's provinces.
      And the in-game version already does have a negative impact on the target province's morale. Drop a dozen of them on the same province in 24 hours, and watch what happens to morale. It typically drops 3 to 5 points per rocket hit. I've seen provinces rebel as a result of repeated rocket hits.

Bombardment by artillery and aircraft also depress province morale, but not as dramatically.