Aircraft Naval Patrol

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aircraft Naval Patrol

Not sure if this is an old thread or not; I didn't see one at least. Forgive me if there is one.

It seems to me that carrier based planes can patrol a designated area and continue in that area relative to the map until a carrier moves too far and the plane lands. (If I am doing something wrong, then correct me). It would be nice if a plane would patrol an area relative to the carrier so that as the carrier moves, the plane's patrol area also moves with it; I don't propose any solutions to the dynamics of refueling. At the very least, it would be nice to have the ability for planes to "patrol the carrier" that is to just stay in a patrol constantly-save for refueling-over the mother carrier for defensive purposes.
    • @yippieyak, as things stand now, you have to keep manually advancing the reconnaissance radius of the patrolling naval bomber in order to achieve your goal. As you have apparently already noticed, if you leave the patrolling aircraft unit behind the carrier, the unit will snap back and return to the carrier to refuel.

Given some of the other glitches that have occurred with aircraft units operating from in-game aircraft carriers, I would hesitate to suggest anything that would add an additional layer of complications to the existing code for carriers.
    • yippieyak wrote:

@MontanaBB well the DEVs are always going through and improving the game through a variety of ways so I suppose they clear up those glitches eventually
      lol. there are glitches that were reported 6 months ago that are still not resolved. And, most of the time when they do fix something, it causes 2 more to pop up. Keep the faith, tho. Your optimism is refreshing.
      “I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis Khan