Call of War on mobile phones

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Call of War on mobile phones

Hello Generals,

today is a good day for us and hopefully for you too, since the Call of War client for mobile phones is being released today to Frontline pioneers ^^

We are still heavily developing right now and it will change a lot over the next days and weeks when we add missing features, fix bugs and polish the usability.

There are a couple of remarks which are good to know in advance:

1) We will eventually implement all features of the desktop client also in mobile, but there are a couple of bigger / important features which are not yet included:
    • Support for languages other than English
    • Newspaper (coming really soon)
    • Coalitions
    • Build Queue
    • Alliances
    • Creating new games (joining works already)
    • Ranking and player stats
    • PMs
    • Optimized Shop
    • Account settings
    These will all arrive soon but are just not in the initial version yet.

2) We need your feedback!
    We tried very hard to give you a good experience already in the initial version, but a few of the things we've implemented are still experimental and a few can still be polished and adjusted. So please explicitly tell us what you think about things like:
    • Performance
    • Touch interaction with armies
    • Touch interaction with provinces
    • Do you find the information you need?
    • Do things behave the way you expect (e.g. opening / closing of windows & popups, UI swiping, zooming, etc.)
    Where to to report feedback?

When giving feedback, please include the information of what
    • device,
    • operating system version and
    • browser version
    you are using. If in doubt, please use the "Report bug" button in the client, it will collect that information and attach it to your report.
    You can also report feedback here in the beta forum. General feedback like on usability etc. you can add to this thread, if you report bugs, please either use the button in the game or create new posts here in the fronti forum, which you please clearly mark as "mobile client" bugs.

So how do I log in to the mobile client?
    • You need to be (or become) a frontline pioneer (see news on callofwar.com for submitting applications).
    • You need to login in your normal mobile browser on callofwar.com with your iOS or Android phone and the mobile client will load for you.
    If you do get the old client you know from desktop on your phone, please report this to us including the information what device you tried. You can still switch to the mobile client, once you try to log in to a game from the desktop version and click the "Switch to mobile" button. Your device will remember the setting until you switch back.

To say it explicitly: You do not need to use your device's App store, you simply open callofwar.com in your mobile browser and log in like always.

Switching between mobile and desktop version on a device is possible through the button on the loading screen.

Thank you and have fun playing!
  • Changelog:

June 22-29:
    • released article overview for newspaper (filters are still non-functional)
    • released newspaper index of nations
    • several small polishing fixes

Work in progress
    • Writing newspaper articles
    • Confirmation and price info for morale increase/decrease buttons
    • Tutorial
    • Mobile optimized log-in page
    • Shop
    • More polishing fixes
  • Guess Im the first:)

Did a bit of fooling around and it works decently for a beta. You can find everything you need, performance is stable.

A few things to consider though:

1: The province view is awkward, you cant see the buildings you already have immediately, even though its a selectable option. Am I missing something? Though I understand the small screen leads to sacrifices, I was hoping for something like a city/province view like in Supremacy 1914 where you see an overview of what you have with 1 click.
    2: on pc, you have the option to micromicromanage by use of the control button, I miss it on the mobile version or I havent found out how to do it.
    3: I was hoping (see also point 2) that you could zoom 'indefinitely', so you can order your unit very very precisely as it is sometimes needed.

At first glance, the mobile version is for me, at this very moment, perfect for doing basic tasks like researching, stockmarket purchases and getting your buildings going while away from pc. It is not suited at all for the more complex battlefield actions.

device: Huawei G6, Android.
  • miech wrote:

2: on pc, you have the option to micromicromanage by use of the control button, I miss it on the mobile version or I havent found out how to do it.
    If you tap and hold for a second, a blue circle fill up. Once it is filled, you can move your finger around the troops you want to select - not like the CTRL function, but rather like the 'lasso function' you may know from the desktop client.
    Felix / Alkyonor
    Community Manager
    Bytro Labs GmbH
  • Using my Iphone with iOs 10.3.2 I am not able to see the coalition chat tab or any whispers. I can switch back and forth between Global and Help chat, but the "more" down arrow does not seem to be active. I presume the "more" down arrow is where I would find coalition chat and whispers.

In addition I was not able to submit a bug report. I could fill out the title of the bug report, but was unable to scroll around the screen to see or fill out the main body of the bug report.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • @General A 11 We actually use iPhone 5 dimensions as the smallest supported screen-size so we try to fit everything in. We will check the not visible back buttons on it again.
    In the meantime: With yesterday's update, the click on the text ("Captain Otto" in my screenshot above) also executes the "back" action you would find on the back arrow.
  • It is a bit early for making suggestions bc I only used it for real a few times now. Here are just a few user experience comments.

I used the mobile on PC for testing. Works fine except for getting used to the different lay out.
    Had a iPad for a while, which was great to play on (but lost it...)

Also use the mobile version on my Samsung S3 Neo (yes, its and old phone) and yesterday I was actually able to give several useful commands and take some provinces. Love the improvements compared to the earliest days.

The commands for the troops are quite clear and work pretty good, except that it is difficult to exactly hit a certain location. Often I find out afterwards that my troops ended up a few minutes outside the city I send them too. As long as they passed the city and took it, I do not have a real problem with that

Finding things like buildings in the province administration, doing the right research etc remains a bit awkward.

Overal it seems to qork quite well, though the screen gets a bit crowded when doing stuff and is only workable on my phone when held in portrait.

All in all the mobile version is a very good addition and allows me to continue monitoring and and execute a large number of things, while away from the PC.
  • I love mobile and I think its easier to play on than pc in my opinion but for some reason Im experiencing frequent crashes and for some reason it wont let me split up units maybe its my wifi or the fact my iphone hasnt been backed up for weeks other wise great addition
  • Enlightning Man wrote:

Hello Generals,

today is a good day for us and hopefully for you too, since the Call of War client for mobile phones is being released today to Frontline pioneers ^^

We are still heavily developing right now and it will change a lot over the next days and weeks when we add missing features, fix bugs and polish the usability.

There are a couple of remarks which are good to know in advance:

1) We will eventually implement all features of the desktop client also in mobile, but there are a couple of bigger / important features which are not yet included:
    • Support for languages other than English
    • Newspaper (coming really soon)
    • Coalitions
    • Build Queue
    • Alliances
    • Creating new games (joining works already)
    • Ranking and player stats
    • PMs
    • Optimized Shop
    • Account settings
    These will all arrive soon but are just not in the initial version yet.

2) We need your feedback!
    We tried very hard to give you a good experience already in the initial version, but a few of the things we've implemented are still experimental and a few can still be polished and adjusted. So please explicitly tell us what you think about things like:
    • Performance
    • Touch interaction with armies
    • Touch interaction with provinces
    • Do you find the information you need?
    • Do things behave the way you expect (e.g. opening / closing of windows & popups, UI swiping, zooming, etc.)
    Where to to report feedback?

When giving feedback, please include the information of what
    • device,
    • operating system version and
    • browser version
    you are using. If in doubt, please use the "Report bug" button in the client, it will collect that information and attach it to your report.
    You can also report feedback here in the beta forum. General feedback like on usability etc. you can add to this thread, if you report bugs, please either use the button in the game or create new posts here in the fronti forum, which you please clearly mark as "mobile client" bugs.

So how do I log in to the mobile client?
    • You need to be (or become) a frontline pioneer (see news on callofwar.com for submitting applications).
    • You need to login in your normal mobile browser on callofwar.com with your iOS or Android phone and the mobile client will load for you.
    If you do get the old client you know from desktop on your phone, please report this to us including the information what device you tried. You can still switch to the mobile client, once you try to log in to a game from the desktop version and click the "Switch to mobile" button. Your device will remember the setting until you switch back.

To say it explicitly: You do not need to use your device's App store, you simply open callofwar.com in your mobile browser and log in like always.

Switching between mobile and desktop version on a device is possible through the button on the loading screen.

Thank you and have fun playing!
    hey
    I have a problem, I didn't find the switch to mobile button
    I switched to desktop to try it
    And now I'm stuck and I can't do anything and I can't see
    Soo my problem is where is the switch button exactly
    Ps if there a screen shot it will be great ☺
    Note 3
  • StrangeTalent wrote:

On PC it is. On mobile, it is not.
    I have it on my iPhone when in desktop mode. . .

War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<